The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

8 minutes ago, lysinelai said:

Welcome to China! Come and play chatframe or fashionframe and wait for the Plain with us!

Thanks! Im going to be in Beijing in a few days until sunday. not going to bering my laptop thouhgt cus its kinda bulky so I might miss out on some stuff. plus I dont know what it would do to log in over there. India worked fine but <-<. Might end up missing barrow :I

6 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Thanks! Im going to be in Beijing in a few days until sunday. not going to bering my laptop thouhgt cus its kinda bulky so I might miss out on some stuff. plus I dont know what it would do to log in over there. India worked fine but <-<. Might end up missing barrow :I

China's Warframe connection works fine. But if you don't have your laptop, it's quite hard to find an Internet Café with global build Warframe preinstalled. They did lock registering global build accounts when the Chinese build first came out, but now everything is OK in China. Anyway, GL with whatever you're doing and have a nice time!

Edited by lysinelai

10 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Also, what do you think about this for a new mining mechanic? :

Yeah, a lot of people have brought up Thumping lately. There was a discussion about it recently in this thread as well. Although I wouldn't call it new since it's essentially Excavation with slightly different mechanics, which actually means something like that could be relatively easy to implement. Having a bit of control over the amount of resources you get is very appealing. So I'm all for it if it provides an alternative to the mining mini-game we were shown to prevent that from becoming stale. We don't have to have only one way of doing things after all.

34 minutes ago, LaughingJackel said:

I'm thinking a couple of weeks at LEAST. We're talking about a big change for warframe (salivates over the idea of open world) so it could be another month for all anyone knows.

True, but, as I recall, everytime DE has gone into "lockdown mode", when they stop with even emergency hotfixes, they usually get the update out within a week or two. (Will someone correct that if I'm wrong, please?)

DE headquarters

''OK OK may i have your attention please ? the hypetrain started, ENGAGE the precept LOCKDOWN MODE''

jokes aside, i hope they get the time they need to bring this update without any major malfunction

dont overhype and dont overact, just wait patiently and kill the anxiety

4 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

[Plains is 0.75 smaller than expected]

I was expecting this. Maybe an Out of Bounds region beyond that to prevent people seeing whatever's beyond - which there will be nothing?

I wonder how far Eidolon has converted the caves, if Eidolon even tried to. I worry that Eidolon is active at its depths.

11 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

So like  Steve said;

Plains Of Eidolon area would be 3x3 KM = 9 KM2

Now we have 2.25x2.25 = 5.06 KM2

Didn't we?

DKCWn0NXoAA9Nml.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/909896638998761472

Just for joke!

Did you read the same tweet as me? 

Because as far as I can read from what he said, he is just saying that the extra is the caves and other systems, and not the large open area. 

But I wouldn't call that a lie or misrepresentation. If the caves included make it 3x3, he told the truth. He's just explaining that the cave systems are of a truly significant size, and that some of the overall surface area they calculated is the caves. 

And when you think about it, this is something that should have gone without saying. Of course their calculations for area would include the large cave systems, why wouldn't they? 

He's just making sure people understand in advance how that is calculated and apportioned. 

He's trying to hint at how comprehensive the cave systems are going to be...

Edited by Tesseract7777

8 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

More interested in the caves part though will we get flashlights that are actually useful? Or are we gonna be crafting torches as we go?

We already have flashlights, not sure why they'd make us use a torch too...