Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you run Corrosive Projection?

uAir

If I'm in a group, almost always. If I'm fighting the Grineer it's an automatic inclusion, I usually have it on against Corpus, and sometimes have it on against the Infested depending on if it's a boss fight or not.

For solo play, I usually have something else equipped. Most often Energy Siphon.

I never run CP for two reasons: one, I am almost always solo or in a public group (so it's effects are unreliable), and two, I get more out of Energy Siphon (because some powers can strip armor) or Steel Charge (because slash+crit doesn't care about armor).

That said, I mostly use auras as mod point boosters, not for their effects.

Depends, and it's a frame by frame basis. 

If I'm running an Ash, why would I ever run Corrosive Proj.? He has seeking shuriken. 

If I'm running an Excal, he has Exalted Blade and Radial Blind. Growing Power would be more efficient on him, especially if you're going for that Chromatic Blade Build. 

Ember Growing P. 

Saryn Energy Siph. 

So on so forth. 

I honestly can't see any point to even using Corrosive projection unless you don't want to run status weapons. It's only good when more than one person runs it. 

Solo players, <4 person cells, likewise have no use for it. 

11 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Growing Power 

Seriously though, once I started using this Aura Mod, I never went back lol.

And to OP's question, I only use it when I'm asked to. Especially since when I did use to use more often, I'd still run into groups occasionally after setting up a x4 CP, still using Corrosive on their high Status-Proc weapon, which is redudent. Not that often, but often enough back then to make note of lol.

So nowadays I always mention to whatever group I'm in and we plan to go full Corrosive Projection is to make sure to switch to a different elemental combination for their Status weapon.

I have various reasons:

1.- I mostly use Steel Charge, Growing Power or Energy Siph.

2.- I play regular missions most of time (fissures, syndicate, kuva siph, relic farmning, etc...) and in these missions enemies aren't hard to kill (even with low tier weapons). So I think CP there is not necessary :s
I mean, I easily overkill even minibosses or heavy units xD so, what's the point to make them even more weak? D:

I almost have no reason to use it, since the Frames I use are better off using other Auras. I only use it when my teammates ask me to.

I use what Aura matches the default polarity of that Frame, and even if it's a Naramon Polarity, I still find it more useful to use Energy Siphon instead of Corrosive Projection. Why only make the enemies a little easier to kill when you can just use an ability and neutralize their threat altogether and then kills them with impunity?

Besides, Corrosive Projection is only useful on Grineer. Limited use against Corpus (Only Oxium Ospreys, Bursas, or bosses) or very situational against Infested (when they got the Swarm Mutalist Buff).

I only run CP on Sorties or Floods really, or sometimes in pre-made squads going for long runs.

Honestly, I run Rejuvenation a lot more than anything these days. Slash procs and Toxin stuff chips away at your health and with Rejuv you don't really have to worry about it anymore. Plus it passively heals sentinels, and I hate it when my vacuum buddy gets killed. Sure you can just use health pizzas, but those are stationary and using one solely to heal your sentinel feels like a waste somehow.

No

• Because 100% status chance (before multishot) and >200% multishot Pox exists in game
    • And basically strips all armor near instantly
  • Because I usually run heavy status/slash weapons
  • Because my CC is god-like
  • Because I run Covert Lethality

yes because the other auras I have are less useful, don't need ammo mod, energy siphon is irrelevant to me since I unlocked the focus system, regenerate plenty of energy through that so all that's left is corrosive projection

What are you all using instead of CP?
And what is your reasoning for using something else in place of CP?

If everyone was using CP instead we could stop using Corrosive procs and instead start using Viral procs which would greatly increase our clear speeds.
You're all claiming we have great status weapons now. Well, if you were using CP you could use Viral. Your slash procs that cut through armor and hit their HP directly? If they have Viral proc on your slash procs would kill them that much more quickly. Your normal damage would kill them in half the time, more in fact because you don't have to waste your first attacks or waste your time using abilities to strip armor. They'd already have no armor and all of your attacks would be 100% effective. And they'd be at 50% hp all of the time.

Collectively we could make the game so much easier for us. Why are so many of you choosing to actively make things more difficult for everyone, including yourselves?

Also, for the users of Growing Power over all other mods. Please show me your setup and explain why Growing Power is so much better for your build than something else.

Edited by uAir