Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Update Feedback

Zero_4

I like there being separate reactions for 'agree' and 'like'. 'Thanks' isn't bad to have either, but can easily be rolled into 'like'.

Aside from that, agree completely.

And aside from that, the smilies rub me wrong.
But maybe I'm just an old fuddyduddy.

Edited by Chroia

41 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Oh, that is just the colour, it does not change the new style or gimmicky design (Facebook).

0ERPSqt.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/819162-forum-update-new-features-live-now/

@--Shadow-Stalker-- My bad, thought you were referring to the whole look. I would also like to keep the upvote and reaction buttons different, but whatevs, guess they can't really change it.

Also lol at embedding links.

Edited by NightmareT12

For starters, now that there is a tile option next to the new reply, there is a lot of white space just unused and throws everything out of uniform.

The new upvote system is complete garbage. This isn't facebook. I could see if the emotes were Warframe themed, but they aren't. They look out of place next to Ember and Loki's head (if you're using the light theme).

The new spacing between posts in a thread is unpleasant, and needlessly extends the page. On top of the bad upvote system, the button itself is big and looks clunky.

I much preferred the old version.

Edited by JSharpie
Edited title for clarity.

25 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

For starters, now that there is a tile option next to the new reply, there is a lot of white space just unused and throws everything out of uniform.

The new upvote system is complete garbage. This isn't facebook. I could see if the emotes were Warframe themed, but they aren't. They look out of place next to Ember and Loki's head (if you're using the light theme).

The new spacing between posts in a thread is unpleasant, and needlessly extends the page. On top of the bad upvote system, the button itself is big and looks clunky.

I much preferred the old version.

As you're a founder too I think you can remember the downvote cancer in the early forums, it was removed rather quickly for a reason. Now it kinda came back in form of confused and sad smileys, DE really made a thousand steps back with this one. I can see why there can be many ways to upvote something positively, but the negative stuff just will be a new form of being toxic.

Everytime something like this change to the forum happens, I wish there where information provided by DE, why they did this.
What's the idea behind this "Confused" and "Sad" and Smiley-thing? It's just ridiculously childish for a forum of a M-rated game.

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Everytime something like this change to the forum happens, I wish there where information provided by DE, why they did this.
What's the idea behind this "Confused" and "Sad" and Smiley-thing? It's just ridiculously childish for a forum of a M-rated game.

Keep in mind: this is the same M rated game that doesnt really allow cursing here, or even in their twitch streams, at least not from viewers. 

Just now, armedpoop said:

Keep in mind: this is the same M rated game that doesnt really allow cursing here, or even in their twitch streams, at least not from viewers. 

Cursing != mature. That's something I can wrap my head around.
But these smileys?
I mean, was there someone in the meeting saying: "Hey guys, we need those smileys to rate posts."
And then, everyone else was like: "Great idea. That's what we need."
What's next? Hashtags? 

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Based on :

I'd say they did it because the company that provides the forum software updated it and DE likely didn't have much choice about that happening.  Perhaps certain features will be changed based on feedback and depending on how much control they have over the workings of an Invision Community forum (see bottom of page for 'Powered by Invision Community' link if you want to research the forum provider for yourself).  I'll admit I don't have the slightest idea what they can and can't do, but I also don't care enough to go find out.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I'd say they did it because the company that provides the forum software updated it and DE likely didn't have much choice about that happening.  Perhaps certain features will be changed based on feedback and depending on how much control they have over the workings of an Invision Community forum (see bottom of page for 'Powered by Invision Community' link if you want to research the forum provider for yourself).  I'll admit I don't have the slightest idea what they can and can't do, but I also don't care enough to go find out.

Maybe that's the reason. But man, that'd be S#&$ty if you have to use everything, Invision Community provides....