Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 21.4.0] Hydroid Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Honestly, I feel like if you could cancel out of Tidal without going into Undertow only, it would remove a lot if Energy costs and up his efficiency.

Like, going into an Undertow cancel is useful, but being able to hit Tidal mid-use to cancel without Extra energy punishment would be nice.

Or something QOL like whilst in undertow you don't need to charge his 1 or 4, or generally lower costs on his tidal surge, that would be massively better QOLs cause as it stands right now natural talent feels like a necessity on him.

So i updated my rework with some pictures made by myself, i still dont trust the DE team can get good feedback through these megathreads but i will post  this one here regarless,  hope they can see it.

Here is the actual, individual post in case your curious, and for lotus sake dont move it to this Megathread, im doing this specifically so you can see it here but i can also get feedback on my idea.

Update List

Spoiler

15/08/2017:

- Added pictures for all abilities.

14/08/2017:

- Moved tread to the Fan concept forums.

10/08/2017:

- Added Spoiler version to all abilities.

(Passive) Underhanded Tactics: Hydroid has a couple of tricks to have an edge against the enemy.

hydroid_rework____passive__escape_plan_b

Spoiler

If your wondering for pictures of "Strike them Down" its such a simple concept i just didnt do it. I could later but i got others things i got to get back to while i wait for the respences on this one.

- Strike em when down! Increases All damage done against knocked down enemies by 100%.

- This includes Enemies already knocked down and recovering from the knock down until they have stood up.

-Includes damage from Hydroid's Finishers, guns and abilities.

- Escape Plan: When downed Hydroid will become a small gooey puddle, he can't fire his gun but can move at normal walking speed and revive other downed allies.

- Reviving an ally will also heal Hydroid from his downed state.

- If an ally begins reviving Hydroid he is unable to move.

(1) Hydro Buckshot: Hydroid shoots pressurized water at foes in front of him dealing damage, staggering and shredding armor.

hydroid_rework____1__hydro_buckshot_by_k

Spoiler

Reworked Tidal Surge

- Hydroid shoots pressurized water in a cone in front of him. The wave has an initial width of 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 meters, disperses at a 30° angle, and travels over a distance of 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters.

- Cone spread where Hydroid is aiming.

- Deals 50 / 125 / 150 / 200 Puncture damage, stagger and permanently removes 20% of max Armor to all enemies hit.

- Damage and Armor Shred are affected by Strength Mods. The Armor Shred cannot go below 10%.

- Unlike Corrosive the Armor Shred will count max Armor and not current Armor.

- "Projectiles" are only aesthetic, damage, stagger and armor shred will be instantly apply to all enemies in the cone.

- If an enemy is on a puddle when hit by Hydro Buckshot the damage and armor shred are reapplied every two seconds so long as they remain in a puddle.

- Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target with each instance having its own timer.

- Last two more seconds if the target exits a puddle.

- Buffs on Hydroid will not increase the damage if the buff was applied after the instance of damage. It can only be increased by decreasing the enemy's resistances or applying the buff before he uses the ability.

- Each instance of damage has a 40% of applying the Puncture's Weakened effect.

- Airborne targets will fall to ground if connected.

- Staggered enemies will be vulnerable to finishers for 3 seconds. Unaffected by Mods.

Ability Data:

Buckshot Damage: 50 / 125 / 150 / 200 Puncture damage.

Range:

- Cone Wide, Start: 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 meters.

- Cone Wide, End: 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters.

Armor Shred: 20%

Cost: 20 Energy.

Ability augments:

Disarming shot: Reduces range for a chance to disarm enemies.

- Reduces the range of Buckshot by 5 / 20 / 35 / 50%.

- Augment's Range reduction is accounted last after the Warframe's Power Range.

- Has a 20 / 40 / 60 / 100% to disarm enemies, striping them to melee. Unaffected by mods.

- Melee enemies are unaffected by the Disarming effect.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Unaffected.

Strength Mods:

- Buckshot damage and Armor Shred.

Range Mods:

- Buckshot range.

Efficiency Mods:

- Energy Cost.

(2) Tempest Barrage: Call down a cannonball barrage on a location.

hydroid_rework____2__tempest_barrage_by_

Spoiler

Refined Tempest Barrage

- Now Marks a squared area.

- Cannonballs are "fired" in a 90° angle above the square.

- Each use of the ability sends a single barrage of cannon fire.

- Each barrage consist of a line of cannon balls falling on the area from bottom to top.

- Each cannon ball has a 5 m explosion radius. Unaffected by mods.

- Each line of cannonballs crash about 0.5 seconds from each other, starting from the bottom to the top.

- Each cannonball has about 3 m separation between each other.

- Increasing range adds another cannonball every 3 extra meters. Reducing range removes cannonballs. Work when increasing both vertical and horizontal range.

- Can also Mark enemies where the barrage will follow them before crashing down.

- Barrage begins 0.5 seconds after casted.

- Each Cannonball stops at the first solid object hit, dealing damage and knocking enemies in an area around it.

- Enemies can (and will) take damage from multiple explosions.

- Launching a barrage on a nullifier field will damage the barrage and all enemies around it but not enemies inside the bubble.

- The barrage's AoE will damage the Nullifier's drone if the cannonballs fall near it.

Ability Data

Cannonball Damage: 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 Impact Damage.

Cast Range: Unlimited.

Marked Square: 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 meters.

Cannonball Explosion radius: 5 meters.

Augments

Corroding Barrage: Each cannonball has a chance to proc Corrosion on enemies.

UNCHANGED AUGMENT

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Unaffected.

Strength Mods:

- Cannonball Damage.

Range Mods:

- Marked Square radius.

Efficiency Mods:

- Energy Cost.

(3) Undertow: shoots a large bubble that explodes on contact, creating a puddle at the impact location.

hydroid_rework____3__undertow_by_krauser

Spoiler

Reworked Undertow

- Shoots out a large cannonball that on contact deals Impact damage and knockdown enemies near the impact, then creates a puddle around the location.

- Cannonball is launched directly from Hydroid toward where he is aiming.

- The Cannonball explodes on contact with any surface, an enemy or reaching its maximum range.

- Cannonball flight speed is equivalent to Excalibur Exalted Blade's Energy waves.

- Creates a puddle at the explosion location.

- Enemies in the puddle are slowed by 20 / 30 / 40 / 50% and knockdowns are 40% more effective on them. Slow is affected by Mods while the knockdown debuff is not.

- With enough negative Power Strength puddles will increase Movement Speed Instead.

- Undertow Cannonballs will damage Nullifier Bubbles and Puddle will be created inside and around it but enemies inside the bubble will be unaffected by the ability.

- Hydroid can only have 3 puddles active at a time, summoning another one will destroy the older one.

- Undertow Puddles will not be cancelled if Hydroid is "Nullified" in any way, he won't be able to shoot another cannonball.

Ability Data:

Explosion Damage: 150 / 160 / 175 / 200 Impact Damage

Explosion radius: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 m

Puddle Range: 8 / 12 / 15 / 18 m

Puddle Movement Speed Slow: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50%

Puddle Knockdown Debuff: 40% (Unaffected by mods)

Ability augments:

Deep Tendrils: Knocking down an enemy inside an Undertow Puddle has a chance to summon a Tentacle.

Replaces Curative Undertow.

- Every time an enemy is knocked down inside an Undertow Puddle there is a 40% change a Tendril will appear on the puddle and slam down enemies near it.

- Counts Knockdowns from any source so long as they come from Hydroid (Melee slams, Abilities, Pets).

- Tentacles spawned by the augment are significantly smaller than the Depths Assault tentacles.

- Tentacles will last as long as they have a puddle under them. Casing another puddle under the tentacles will keep them standing.

- Tentacles targeting AI and slams are unaffected by terrain, allowing them to see and attack enemies behind cover.

- Nullifier bubbles can't destroy the tentacles if they touch it but tentacles cant spawn inside the bubbles.

Augment Data:

Damage: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300

Tentacle Size: 8 m tall, 5 m wide.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Puddle Duration.

Strength Mods:

- Explosion damage.

- Tentacle Slam Damage.

Range Mods:

- Explosion and Puddle range.

Efficiency Mods:

- Energy Cost.

(4) Depths Assault: Creates a large Pool of water around Hydroid's location where tentacles sprout to harass enemies.

hydroid_rework____4__depth_assault_by_kr

Spoiler

Tweaked Tentacle Swarm

- Creates a puddle of water at Hydroid's current location where tentacles appear to attack enemies.

- The Puddle works the same way as the ones created by undertow, except larger.

- This puddle doesn't count toward Hydroid's puddle limit.

- Puddles created by Undertow will also spawn Tentacles while Depths Assault is active.

- This also counts puddles created before Depths Assault.

- Spawns 7 / 8 / 9 / 12 Tentacles on the main Puddle, 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 on Undertow Puddles.

- Adds/removes another tentacle for every 3 meters increased/reduced.

- Tentacles spawn about a meter near enemies.

- Tentacles will slam in an specific direction toward enemies, affecting a relatively large area around them.

- Enemies take 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Impact Damage and are knocked down.

- Airborne enemies will be forced back down into the ground and become stunned for 2 seconds.

- Tentacles attack once every 1.5 seconds.

- Tentacles switch targets constantly, prioritizing standing enemies.

- Pressing 4 while the ability is active marks an area or enemy where all the tentacles attempt to slam on it once.

- Giving orders does not cost energy and can be done repeatedly.

- Targeted Airborne enemies may avoid the tentacles if they are moving too fast.

- Tentacles targeting AI and slams are unaffected by terrain, allowing them to see and attack enemies behind cover.

- Nullifier bubbles and the Nullifier drone will be targeted and damaged by the tentacles but enemies inside the bubble will be safe.

- Tentacles created by Depths assault can't be destroyed by Nullifier Bubbles.

- Depths Assault will not be cancelled if Hydroid is "Nullified" in any way, he won't be able to cast another one or mark targets however.

Ability data:

Damage: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Impact Damage

Puddle Side: 10 / 12 / 20 / 30 m

Tentacle's Size: 20 Meters high, 5 Meters wide.

Tentacle Slam size: 5 Meters around the tentacle.

Cost: 100 Energy

Ability augments:

Pilfering Swarm: Enemies killed while assaulted by the Tentacles have a chance to yield extra loot.

Tweaked Pilfering Swarm.

- Enemies killed while affected by the puddles have a chance to drop extra loot.

- Enemies killed by the Tentacles has a much higher chance to drop extra loot.

- Synergizes well with Desecrate, as corpses still remain for it to take effect.

- Drop chances are unaffected by mods.

- Affects Tentacles created by Deep Tendrils Augment.

Augment Data:

Regular Kill Drop Chance: 5 / 15 / 20 / 30%

Tentacle Kill Drop Chance: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100%

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Depths Assault duration.

Strength Mods:

- Tentacle Damage.

Range Mods:

- Puddle's size.

Efficiency Mods:

- Energy cost.

Dont forget to share your opinions in the comments! Hope you enjoy it.

Part of the change must include Hydroid being able to drag enemies along his undertow. Currently, once he moves off of an enemy, they will resurface. This makes the ability very unwieldy. That change along with shooting into puddle, damage scaling, reverting the range nerfs, and making it much easier to hit the enemies being CC'd by Tentacle Swarm (as right now the tentacle CC is frustrating for your team) would make Hydroid a much more usable and enjoyable Warframe.

Edited by Lyry

Alright after reading a lot of the comments and my own ideas after playing his rework this is what ive come up with.

1st Ability: Inconsistent aim and deals bad damage.

I say that if you tap Tempest Barrage the water droplets should apear behind fashioned a bit like the Raiji Syandana and fire off automaticly that way when your speeding through missions he can knock down enemies near him and even better with the augment strip armor as you go.On hold it should do what it does now and rain down but with better aim.

2nd Ability:Way to fast and uncontrolled and does almost nothing for you.

With this one someone said it should be changed to his roll and i comepletely agree its already like a roll you do to get out of trouble it just makes sense and it makes it easier to do the tidal surge puddle combo easier.

3rd Abilty:makes missions take longer, is just a trolly move, and is boring.

I personally love the move and making allies able to shoot in the puddle is a great idea the only things it needs are lower tidal surge cost while a puddle and being able to drag enemies along (i cant stand moving an inch then having to spend energy to pull five enemies back into the puddle), or even while moving if enemies come out an auto tentacle drags them back in for no energy at all.

4th Ability:Flails enemies around and cant hit them and does to little damage it does.

There are lots of things you could do to fix this ability the simple ones are more damage, have the tentecle stop slamming after a hit or 2 and just wrap them up, or wrap them up from the beginning. My rework is a little more complicated i say that while out of puddle move stays the same as now (or with other one of the 3 changes above) but when cast from inside puddle it actually summons the kraken out as a pet and it goes around gathering enemies until you turn off puddle or it reaches its cap.

Passive: His 4th Agument.

Edit:Undertow should have something like volts damage build up with an indicator and the longer you are in puddle the the more damage you get to do instead of each respective enemies having to ramp up damage.

Edited by Kagemitsukenshi

Gosh I was ready to do write some pretty big paragraph...
Then I decided to just let it go and keep on doing my own thing...

I'm seeing Hydroid do some pretty impressive achievements with his current state. Been taking him to Sorties, endless missions, Kuva floods, really pushing the frame and so far, he has been doing pretty damn well. He's just effective at cutting down a crowd of mobs, every time a squad is getting really pushed, do undertow cast Tentacle swarm and tempest (this one 2 or 3 times) and deal with the mobs not under CC, by the time you are done the tentacles probably killed most of everything else, except the VIPs.

It's hard to explain becase it's really a performace thing, he can handle a little bit of everything, very well. IMO Hydroid as he is now is rather an example of how balanced most frames should be. Not every frame is supposed to be a DPS monster.

Not a Nuker but mobs will be dead by the time his tentacles are done (except VIPS), not the ultimate CC, but you won't have to worry about those mobs waving in the air either. Not a healer, but curative undertow is awesome to handle yourself and do some support role. Not a tanker, but he aint going down that easy either, and if he does, it's probably in undertow.

Just today I was in a 1 hour survival Lith fissure, second heavier hitter of the squad, only after coming back to Liset I realised I went into that survivel with the wrong build, on 70str.
I tested him against Batalists, he can drawn the sentients to death (no guns, melee not even augmets, sentinels nor pets)! The other day I was in a Interception sortie and did the same thing to a Bursa, just for fun.

The one thing that breaks me pretty hard are the Eximus, they seen to affect Hydroid further then everybody else, probably because the tentacles make it hard to simply snipe them off. But really, Eximus are meant to do that after all.

31 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

I'm pretty sure i am simply minding my own business before someone started pushing their own opinion and in the ends gets more salty than the person being pushed. Guess, you shouldn't push if you're not ready to be pushed back. Let's just call this your karma, a lesson of life for you. Because if you're still planning to shove your opinion to someone else, even after me, there will be more complain to come. If the reworks is "done"  but Hydroid is still bad, people would still complain and another reworks will be coming.

Well, hope you enjoy your next opponent.

Never really considered you an opponent. No offense intended. But I think that assumption underlines your willingness to take this exchange to the tribal extreme.

Honestly, if DE scrapped Undertow and replaced it with something better, I wouldn't complain in the least. But as it stands, it looks like Undertow is here to stay. So work with it. Otherwise you won't get anything out of this.

That's kind of been my message from the start, but you seemed to think that I was attempting to insinuate a riot. Someone else noticed your irrational behavior and commented on it. Faced with a pair of opposing views, you immediately jumped to the offensive. Which was pretty immature on your part, but this is the internet, and for all I know: your age and inexperience could justify that immaturity. I do sincerely hope that you would refrain from conducting yourself like that as an adult.

Either way, you can label my advice as an argument, or you can accept it for what it was intended to be. Makes absolutely no difference to me. As for me being salty?

Son, please. In comparison to your former outburst, I come from the low sodium variant of humanity.

Woah, woah, woah!

So DE has no problem increasing Oberon's energy pool. They have no problem increasing Hydroid's energy. But Mag, who gets a couple of threads a week (all of which agree she needs more energy), gets the shaft?! 

DE, why do you hate Mag so much? 

8 minutes ago, Lyry said:

Part of the change must include Hydroid being able to drag enemies along his undertow. Currently, once he moves off of an enemy, they will resurface. This makes the ability very unwieldy. That change along with shooting into puddle, damage scaling, reverting the range nerfs, and making it much easier to hit the enemies being CC'd by Tentacle Swarm (as right now the tentacle CC is frustrating for your team) would make Hydroid a much more usable and enjoyable Warframe.

I agree about undertow not dragging enemies with it. I would also like it if the swarm moves with the puddle. They can spawn new ones in the new location and despawn ones that are too far away (or outside the puddle). Him being able to move doesn't make much sense if he has to recast his ult in the new location or drag in the enemies back into the puddle. 

It might also be nice if the scaling damage of undertow is passed to the tentacles if the tentacles are on the puddle, otherwise, what's the point of spawning the tentacles in the puddle? just so we can say that there is synergy? 

Another thing is hopefully they change it so duration affects cast time. Ain't nobody got time fo that. 

Other than that, I have actually have been enjoying hydroid even if there werent really any major changes.

2 minutes ago, malekas said:

Woah, woah, woah!

So DE has no problem increasing Oberon's energy pool. They have no problem increasing Hydroid's energy. But Mag, who gets a couple of threads a week (all of which agree she needs more energy), gets the shaft?! 

DE, why do you hate Mag so much? 

Honestly, I don't know why DE has hit poor Mag so hard. She deserves at least a 150 base Energy (175 for the Prime variant). Somehow, I get the sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a LONG time before we see another Mag revisited (4th time reworked).

19 minutes ago, Lyry said:

Upvote the original comment, because this Tenno nailed it. Moving the whole ensemble would make make Hydroid work FLAWLESSLY.

I believe the most crucial changes are:

• Much faster Undertow movement. You burn a lot of energy in close quarters having to cast Tidal Surge just to get around obstacles, so if the movement was actually fast enough to move around obstacles it would be much better and fluid.
  • Let Undertow carry enemies or increase the range.
  • Tentacle Swarm needs a much faster charge time. Why does it take 4 times longer to cast the previous range?

I'm not sure why anything on him would be nerfed at all. It's Hydroid.

You gotta change the undertow speed cause I feel like a turtle on sunny day, that's annoying when my energy drain so fast cause of undertow but it's useless cause I move so slow that I can complete a single mission after a month on undertow.

I actually like it's current erratic and very unreliable CC nature. I think it's job of being a choke point area denial or general nuisance mid battle is unique, visually appealing, and has a place in a warframe's kit. As is tho, no. Much like most other purely damage dealing warframe abilities, it doesn't scale in any meaningful way. A sure-fire way to fix this is to implement a %max hp to it's damage, meaning it would deal both a base damage and a percent of caught enemies' max health in damage, ensuring that both low and high level enemies die, given they're trapped long enough to be worn down by enough thrashing.

Oberon already has such a mechanic in his Smite, but I think Hydroid(and most other damage dealing casters) should have his be able to scale with Ability Strength. Why? To prevent abuse cases where the warframe's offensive stat can be gutted in favor of CC and/or utility with max efficiency+range+decent duration builds that would be inevitable due to an unalterable %hp damage mechanic, as utility and CC is very much valued and scales very well the higher enemies level and eventually outpace flat damage. Trinity also has %health damage like Oberon, but hers is finisher, which is fine. Supports can have %health damage that doesn't scale with Ability Strength because they aren't expected to do damage as their primary role. Tanks are too tanky to need such a thing because they have the best of two worlds with very strong CC skills and high survivability, not to mention buffs and debuffs abundant for both supports and tanks.

I didn't and still don't think Limbo should have ever had scaling damage on his 2nd most disruptive and mass CC enabling skill because it enabled what I complained would be an unbalanced problem earlier, max range+efficiency+duration builds that could still kill everything in sight with ease. That doesn't mean the mechanic is unbalanceable, just that it shouldn't be tied to any strong utility ability. Tentacle Swarm is in fact detrimental to Hydroid's team if they can't kill enemies on their own(which I think is fine if they actually have their job focused on killing enemies), so they provide no base utility to his team(augments aren't part of the base kit). Tempest Barrage, as unreliable as it is, knocks enemies down to make them easier to be killed. 

A few things that'd help both DE and us players would be what enemy level they balance warframes under, why, what role they themselves think Hydroid should fulfill, and why. We can create whatever version of Hydroid(or any other warframe) and push it as much or as hard as we want, but at the end of the day, DE has the final say, so it'd be more helpful if every party knows well what role the warframe's design is being based around. 

Regardless, cutting Tidal Surge's base energy cost in half would be nice and make sense because all it does is serve as a personal mobility tool for Hydroid in a very fixed distance and trajectory(which is fine, IMO), unless you use extra energy to end it early and turn into a puddle. The energy cost is unjustified.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vile Slanders said:

So you're old and mature, is that why you're so insisting to force your own opinion and just calling out people who won't abide to you as immature? pretty sure you're also trying to indirectly calling me stupid.

Well, that explains a lot now, I'm not dealing with average players, i'm dealing with bitter oldman, forcing his ideals to anyone disagreeing while refusing any change

1 hour ago, RikerWatts said:

Or something QOL like whilst in undertow you don't need to charge his 1 or 4, or generally lower costs on his tidal surge, that would be massively better QOLs cause as it stands right now natural talent feels like a necessity on him.

The charges are a little long, but maybe having reduced charge time within Undertow, as well as a minor energy reduction for Tidal Surge, would greatly enhance his play.

That seem fair?

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

Just now, Rekkou said:

So you're old and mature, is that why you're so insisting to force your own opinion and just calling out people who won't abide to you as immature? pretty sure you're also trying to indirectly calling me stupid.

Well, that explains a lot now, I'm not dealing with average players, i'm dealing with bitter oldman, forcing his ideals to anyone disagreeing while refusing any change

You just have to have the last petty word, don't you? If it'll shut you up, post whatever you want to post after this. I'm through with trying to rationalize with you. And if you really want a straight answer, then here you go: yes, you are insufferably stupid. I can almost see you in a ridiculous looking blond toupee and sporting a Cheetos-orange skin tone, you're that mentally stunted. Self-righteous ignorance is your shield, so go revel in your inadequacy somewhere far away from me.

Seriously, if I was a troll, I could've carried this on all week and made a lulz farm out of you.

I like the idea of Undertow absorbing DMG from allies, but let it act like Nova's Antimatter Drop. Like, have Hydroid store DMG and then once he comes out of Undertow it does like a blast of water. (With animations like Kunkkas Torrent would be a nice touch ;P). IDK if there should be a DMG cap or let it be free (might be OP).

.Kinetic_Torrent_of_the_Divine_Anchor.gif

So still no real changes to his kit other then more visual improvements that honestly should have been done a long time ago and a probably small boost to his energy pool? So yeah it still looks like puddles prime will be the first prime I throw in the trash just to get the slot back.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vile Slanders said:

You just have to have the last petty word, don't you? If it'll shut you up, post whatever you want to post after this. I'm through with trying to rationalize with you. And if you really want a straight answer, then here you go: yes, you are insufferably stupid. I can almost see you in a ridiculous looking blond toupee and sporting a Cheetos-orange skin tone, you're that mentally stunted. Self-righteous ignorance is your shield, so go revel in your inadequacy somewhere far away from me.

Seriously, if I was a troll, I could've carried this on all week and made a lulz farm out of you.

Might just troll next time and i won't even bother. Troll is annoying, but honest instead of pretentious and self righteous like you.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Not hating, but if you would have used the corrosive barrage augment and modded your weapon for gas, you could have killed all of those guys in about 4 seconds. It made for a relaxing video though. 

Edited by Buddhakingpen

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

HOT OFF THE PRESS (not literally we don't have a press):

Since the last Hotfix and now a lot of changes are being proposed and tested.

Things change quickly so this is just our goal - not confirmed for tomorrow yet - but it's where our heads are at and what we are trying to get in:
Visually we want to get PBR done on Hydroid.
We have increased his base energy pool.
We want Tempest Barrage to have better Audio feedback on its charging.
We want Undertow to have better possible damage scaling over time and as of a couple of minutes ago we are experimenting with squadmates being able to shoot into the puddle to damage submerged enemies. Since this is a recent experiment be prepared that it might not work out quickly or work out at all!

Stay tuned for the Update Notes!

Being that we console players just got the rework, is there still time for us to posts our thoughts and suggestions for the rework or not? I have feedback to share

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Things change quickly so this is just our goal - not confirmed for tomorrow yet - but it's where our heads are at and what we are trying to get in:
We want Undertow to have better possible damage scaling over time and as of a couple of minutes ago we are experimenting with squadmates being able to shoot into the puddle to damage submerged enemies. Since this is a recent experiment be prepared that it might not work out quickly or work out at all!

Posted a response on Reddit and I'll double down here as well.

These are some good updates.

Particularly the energy increase, Undertow having better damage scaling over time, as well as allowing allies to shoot into the pool to damage enemies. One of the problems with Undertow currently is that it trolls allies either intentionally or unintentionally.

But there's still a lot more work that needs to be done with Hydroid.

His passive is straight up horrible. A buff to his shields is questionable because you buffed his armor. Sure it's a survivability buff but because it's shields and armor it's not as effective as it could be. Switching that shield buff with a health buff would add more EHP to him and give him a bit more survivability for the buck. Tidal Surging is expensive for a water based version of Rhino's Charge and doesn't drag enemies or move Tentacle Swarm with you while in Undertow.

Speaking of Undertow, Undertow suffers from the same problem that Bladestorm, Absorb, Cloud Walker and whatever else I'm forgetting suffers from: Sit and do nothing design. Sit and do nothing design is boring and just not fun. Letting us use abilities, move the puddle around, drag enemies in somewhat addresses the issue but these are bandaid solutions.

Tentacle Swarm is not only a bad ultimate but a bad CC as well. It has a target cap, is still dictated by AI, and makes enemies harder to hit. By comparison Frost's Avalanche is far and away better: It hits everything in range, CCs it all so that they can't move which makes it easier to hit, and debuffs armor to make them easier to kill period.

Oh and one the whole Hydroid's damage is woefully in adequate: Tempest Barrage, Tidal Surge, Undertow, and Tentacle Swarm and they don't provide enough or good enough CC to warrant low damage.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why on earth DE sticks to the puddle like it' some kind of Holy Grail? It ain't ability that most people want, it won't make him used by more if You revolve him around it. Make his Kraken useful. Please.