Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #97 Overview

AM-Bunny

52 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Why ... Like seriously could someone from DE Tell us WHY they are scrapping the skin ... is it because the Drama surrounding it?
Did they realize the changes they wanted to make to it were dumb and it's too late to apologize to the creator of the skin?

What? What drama? What changes?

21 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

There's enough silly looking things in the game already though, I don't think it really hurts it any further.

Well yeah they are silly. That's exactly why I think having a skin that isn't doesn't really fit this game. I mean don't get me wrong, they look great (a little boring, tho) but it's just very weird. 

20 minutes ago, Nathalieh said:

Well seems like i'm not buying any more deluxe skins... way to go DE.

same, *i don't know about you but...* im done with fashion cause all fashion is lie, everytime new design skin comes then decide to rejected or confirmed then "nah forget it you're fired" 

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

Well yeah they are silly. That's exactly why I think having a skin that isn't doesn't really fit this game. I mean don't get me wrong, they look great (a little boring, tho) but it's just very weird. 

I really don't agree. I think it fits the original aesthetic of Warframe well enough. Many of the oldest weapons in the game (some designs older than Warframe itself) are closer to these proto skins than they are to the over-the-top designs we get nowadays as DE struggles to come up with things that are unique and distinctive (often gimmicky). So when I see these, I associate them with the things that originally defined Warframe. And I want them.

I also still want the original Burston appearance back as a weapon skin. Preferably credit-bought, but I'd buy it if it were for plat too.

Spoiler

A few examples that come to mind, in no particular order:

Lex.pngVasto.png

Latron.png20170210002056

Furis.pngTennoMagnum.png

20160820040925R.I.P.

Et cetera.

Edited by AgentSkye
Fixed typo; added spoiler

thanks as always bunny!

so embers deluxe is being scrapped huh? great, that means we lost the talent of IgnusDei for nothing. hopefully the new design will be even better, it really needs to be after the controversy and the waiting we've all endured. Nekros' deluxe Skin looks decent though.

also, that Proto-Bronco Sawn-off Skin might sway me into using the Bronco again (please have a version for AkBronco!)

I dont see what that new frame has to do with glass but ok. Starting to wonder if DE is running out theme ideas for Warframes. That nekros deluxe skin looks cool but these skins from DE seem to take forever to get released. I'm glad they are starting over on the ember deluxe skin...was never a fan of it.

4 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

I dont see what that new frame has to do with glass but ok. Starting to wonder if DE is running out theme ideas for Warframes. That nekros deluxe skin looks cool but these skins from DE seem to take forever to get released. I'm glad they are starting over on the ember deluxe skin...was never a fan of it.

She has glass all over her, what do you mean?

I'm happy that the Ember Deluxe skin died. DE's handling of that situation was poor at best, perhaps this sour taste in their mouth will make them consider their artists' opinions more. Aside from that, very curious to see how the Proto Skins go, wonder if we'll get the old models for the Ignis, Ogris and Burston as well.

Looking at that Lato skin...

People said it wouldn't be right to add realistic, "modern" looking weapons to the game when I suggested it. Who's laughing now?

All we need now is a more realistic, hell, just...BETTER sound and some nice effects like bullet casings getting ejected and smoke from the barrels.

40 minutes ago, Penguinbuddy91 said:

What drama happened with the Ember skin? Looks amazing imo

5 hours ago, VectorWolf said:

What? What drama? What changes?

Disagreement between the artist and the Devs.

None of our bussiness, Ignus even made a very chill post about it, not pointing fingers or anything.

There was none of that drama bull:poop: people are talking about, both parties are grown people and dealt with it in a mature manner. THE. END.

41 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Disagreement between the artist and the Devs.

None of our bussiness, Ignus even made a very chill post about it, not pointing fingers or anything.

There was none of that drama bull:poop: people are talking about, both parties are grown people and dealt with it in a mature manner. THE. END.

Oh my? A reasonable person on the forums? 

Edited by Kjahla81

You know, i really like that lato skin, but you know... when i was a noob and got back into the game after the closed beta, i deleted my lato vandal and only realized the dumb mistake i made more than a year later, now i want it back :c Time to get a normal lato and any OP riven for it ._.

I wonder what would be of the proto skins event, just archaeological finds or something more? I'm all for some nice Darksector connection, it looks like a typical pistol and a saw-off shotgun but If it's somehow to do with Hayden would be cool.

Edited by Yhtmahyll

12 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

There's enough silly looking things in the game already though, I don't think it really hurts it any further. I think it's great to offer an option for players who want a full Dark Sector cosplay (or it might also be useful for non-Warframe related cosplay looks).

Personally hoping for Nemesis arm-scythe somehow... maybe as part of the Sentient-arm-weapon concept that was shown ages ago...?

Simple, tonfa skin :P