Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we let it burn?

grigorije

The only reason I did this event only as much as was needed for the reward was simply because it got farmed out of existence in a day. The Relay was chosen at random, IMO. And the result of an event failure is exactly as all the other ones, a 5 second video clip of the relay going poof with a lot of small ships running away. That's it. Though yes if you do go by the exact wording, there might be a "recapture" event.

But tell me this: what if the other platforms only get Fomorians? What, are the Grineer gonna roll one up to a Relay and board it? I don't think that likely as it goes against EVERYTHING we know of Grineer and their position on everything not Grineer. 

A relay rebuilding event or system will not be introduced or "put into motion" by something as banal as an invasion of robo-dogges and a gaggle of derp-Tenno yammering: "For science!". 

Though some of these conspiracy theories are rather amusing and I find the "commandeering" hint interesting. 

Edited by Lakais

13 hours ago, Duckboy3825 said:

But what will happen to The New Strange quest? The player needs to complete it to advance to the other 2 relays, but in order to complete the quest you must talk to Simaris in a relay. The player can't do that if none of them are available.

Holy S#&$ hes right.

But it does say commander not "blow to hell like the grineer" 

On a side note really couldn't be bothered with it this time around apart from doing the first 3, last time I farmed the hell out of it and I'm not keen to archwing again after the hell that is farming Atlas.

Edited by PH0T0Nman

I'm pretty sure most people are letting it get destroyed so newer players will not be able to access the relays so early on

Most people "letting" it to be destoyed because Razorback's fight is a boring crp. Considering how much you need to grind for the ciphers and grind Razorback itself once you get a set of mods one time you have no reasons to grind for more.

20 hours ago, grigorije said:

Why not just let the relay get destroyed? Just for the kicks.

Heck, we might get a new one built by DE. Bigger, better, and armed to the teeth. Seriously, no wonder we lost two already - there isn't much you can expect from a bunch of guards carrying stock Bratons and Boars.

On a side note, I saw a guard messing around with someone's Liset. Better tell Ordis to keep an eye out for curious personel.

Scripted code is scripted.  This choice is as much an illusion as your choice at the end of War Within. ;)

I'm not liking this destruction idea, partially because it'll turn the fashion frameholics rabid with the loss of their old "Capital" and partially because, if Digital is forced to divert resources to slap-banging together the final touches on a "rebuilda relay" project that's probably been sitting in Cryo for months to years, that means less time spent on getting their Eidolon cash-cow fully operational.

Don't know about you, but I'd rather not smack the poor fellas upside the head while they desperately try to finish a project, that's for when they finish a project and one of the results is so  disgusting for players and unnoticed by them that it takes us raising a very large stink to remind them that it's a very fine line they walk tween pleaseing themselves (or, rather, their investors) and pleaseing us.

10 hours ago, -Icicles- said:

If they decided to destroy the early relay. How are new players going to practice their mr test?

You are better off asking how they are going to go beyond Jupiter...

You need to complete The New Strange to pass the Junction... and they need to talk to Simaris to get the Quest, and the nearest Relay after Larunda is in Saturn, which is after Jupiter.

Honestly speaking, I once thought that the high cost for the Cipher is DE indirectly telling us that they want us to fail. Maybe after Nef take it over, we will have some kind of follow up event to take it back?

Okay, I'm going all conspiracy theory here, but I'm just saying.

Just now, MirageKnight said:

That's also due to DE coding in a health decay for the armada...

Just about to say that. Tons of people everywhere saying how suspicious the Razorback health depletion is. Saw one post that calculated that the Razorback is loosing health at a constant rate of 1.4% an hour, both day and night.

2 hours ago, Duckboy3825 said:

Just about to say that. Tons of people everywhere saying how suspicious the Razorback health depletion is. Saw one post that calculated that the Razorback is loosing health at a constant rate of 1.4% an hour, both day and night.

Tangent's 14+1/2 hour observation period shows a time of highly unusual consistency. That consistency is the entire basis for the auto-decay theory. However, from my own observations, I can say with certainty that there is not a constant damage/decay rate of 1.4% per hour. Not that there isn't any auto-decay--that's inconclusive--but that it's not a constant 1.4%. Before Tangent's post, my early observations (Sunday) were casual and not recorded, but the rate seemed highly inconsistent, yet consistently higher than it is now. If we're assuming that there is auto-decay now, this could mean that there was none at the time, or that there was always enough player activity that it simply did not become apparent.

Today, I've been paying a bit more attention. For several hours now, I've been checking the Razorback status regularly, and I've seen everything from 1.0%/hr to 1.5%/hr except for 1.4%/hr. So if there is a constant auto-decay, it would have to be much lower than 1.4%/hr. I've seen some very significant dips below the average (which is around 1.2%/hr today). It would have to be, at most, 1.0% per hour plus player efforts. Probably less, really.

Although I applaud Tangent's data collection efforts, and the narrative Tangent provides may seem compelling, I'm guessing the 14+1/2 hour period of consistency observed was largely luck, and while it's remarkable for its length, it's not representative. Although I was not online shortly before Tangent's time period, nor during, I was online shortly after it, and I saw mostly 1.3%/hr. Which is further evidence of a downward trend that I've observed...

...so maybe the auto-decay is on a curve? But even then, the occasional significant dips show that, to reach these consistent numbers--which aren't really that consistent--we are still relying on remarkably consistent player effort. So then, to accept the idea of auto-decay, we must accept that the playerbase is adding a consistent number to it. And if we can accept the (very large, worldwide) playerbase producing fairly consistent numbers, then we have nothing left to support the idea of an auto-decay, because the idea of auto-decay came about due to skepticism regarding consistent decay being natural--which it must be, even if there's auto-decay.

That said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if auto-decay is a thing (probably on a curve, but idk what the point of that is), but unless DE says something, it's unlikely to be confirmed. However, I suspect all the tinfoil hat people--and there are many--will always assume it to be so even if DE denies it.

Tl;dr: there is no constant 1.4% per hour decay; the data only seems to support there being any auto-decay if you already have the idea in your head and are looking for evidence to support it; otherwise, there's nothing even close to a conclusive yea/nay.

Tl;dr the tl;dr: we definitely don't know this for a fact