Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please just get rid of syndicate emblems already?

Xianyu

To be completely honest, when I think of ways to earn syndicate rep, I cannot think of a worse way than the current system.

It sucks. Period.

The entire point of the syndicate system is to pick one, and work on it until it's done. There's no spreading the love around, because if you get rep for the wrong faction, you are actively working against the faction you want.

I just counted. I have THIRTY FIVE warframes.

I've changed syndicates once in a while over the years.

So what you're telling me, is, if I want to change factions and not have it bite me in the &#! down the road, I'm supposed to go through each and every single goddamn one of my warframes and change their emblems?

Or I'm supposed to roll the dice that I won't pick a warframe sometime in a month or two that has the wrong sigil on it like I literally just did? Not only did I completely wreck my syndicate standings, but I can't earn any more rep for today.

It's a dumb, counterintuitve system and relies on you plastering your warframe with this ugly graffiti that 90% of people actively try to hide. So you can't even tell at a glance if the warframe you haven't used for months that you decided to dust off for fun is going to ruin your syndicate standings for the day, and probably even longer. Because if you go negative your entire daily standing as I just about did, you have to spend another day worth of rep just to get back to where you were before.

Syndicate standing needs to be a global item. Make it a flag you equip like equipping a pet or a archwing. A completely independent item that works across different warframes.

That way, when you buy a new sigil that gives you extra rep, you don't have to replace the sticker on literally every goddamn warframe you own, and you can't accidentally get rep for the wrong faction and completely ruin your progress.

19 minutes ago, Xianyu said:

The entire point of the syndicate system is to pick one, and work on it until it's done. There's no spreading the love around, because if you get rep for the wrong faction, you are actively working against the faction you want

I have four syndicates, and a variety of syndicate sigils on frames (various levels for various syndicates).

Either just check when you want to use the frame what it has, or just don't worry about it.

It never bothers me when I collect for non-ideal syndicates. I won't say wrong, because it is still useful to me.

A "pledge" option in the syndicate menu would be nice. Want to earn new loka hippie rep for the next match? Pledge to 'em, all actions now count towards new loka. Can be changed anytime without having to re-equip all your frames with different sigils again. Like this players who missed to buy sigils early on also would have an easier way of switching syndicates once they are already deep into one.

Hmm, just realized something, if these syndicates only know the Warframes, why can't a savvy operator work the full gambit of syndicates, being able to use completely different Warframes?

In other words, each Warframe having different syndicate relationships?

Whoa, imagine the possible possibilities between how we are limited now to how the syndicates could actually see different Warframes, against Operators!

Feels like a possible paradigm shift in lore to me.

6 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Hmm, just realized something, if these syndicates only know the Warframes, why can't a savvy operator work the full gambit of syndicates, being able to use completely different Warframes?

In other words, each Warframe having different syndicate relationships?

Whoa, imagine the possible possibilities between how we are limited now to how the syndicates could actually see different Warframes, against Operators!

Feels like a possible paradigm shift in lore to me.

I could dedicate each of my Mag's to a different Syndicate...

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Being able to click a "change all sigils to x syndicate" would be nice too.

Eh, but not all Sigils are created equal, that'd still mess with Fashionframe
unless you e.g. hide everything behind a cape-y Syandana on every Frame.

3 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

A "pledge" option in the syndicate menu would be nice.

This pls.

If having Sigils be "only" cosmetic is not good enough, attach the +X% multiplier thing
to the total amount of Sigils you own for that Syndicate, at +1-2% per Sigil. Completionists rejoice :D

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Either just check when you want to use the frame what it has

The biggest hassle in choosing a syndicate is that it is not part of your loadout, much like how focus is not part of the loadout.  One must go through either appearance or 'operator' screens just to select what should, intuitively, be a part of one's gear setup.  As focus and syndicate selection are both fairly important (if one uses such things, naturally) when choosing a frame/weapons.

Having things spread out amongst various menu layers just to setup your frame every time, should different needs arise, makes things annoyingly cumbersome.  Thus we..

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

just don't worry about it.

because why bother changing if we cannot do so quickly and cleanly.  Yes it is fairly simple for those who use Focus path A and syndicate sigil B always on the same frame, but some people actually do like (or at least try to like) the concept of being versatile and trying different things.

I recently switch my chosen syndicates from red veil/loka/perrin/steel to steel/arbiters/suda/red veil.  Each has very specific sigils which much be equipped depending on standing amount available, lest one go under.  All the harder when trying to gain ranks in a new syndicate, especially when the old syndicates sigils (spread over 30+ frames the past two years) tend to muck things up.

Yes, its best to carefully check each frame prior to entering a mission, but realizing at EoM that you forgot and just lost 10k standing and dipped under a rank on a syndicate you'd just spend several days getting in the green is just beyond fraking frustration..

TL:DR the syndicate system is outdated and was designed when there were a couple dozen or less frames to deal with.  We have now over 30, time to update the system.

Edited by Xekrin

Easy solution: Have a small tab on players' equip screen where they can simply select which syndicate they want to earn points for. Actual emblems become optional and only for fashionframe. The exp-to-rep % becomes based on the player's rank in the syndicate, since there's no reason for someone to purposely gimp themselves on rep gain once they buy the 15% emblem anyway.

Why DE hasn't done this already I have no idea.

5 hours ago, Madotsuki said:

Why DE hasn't done this already I have no idea.

Because players haven't complained enough.

I am just enough of a bastard to complain. It's not a huge quality of life improvement, and mainly cleans up warframe aesthetics and makes it easier for people who have a bajillion warframes to work with (which must be a small percentage of the community), but, as you implied; it's been long enough already. The system needs an overhaul.

While we do need to untie Syndicate Standing from the sigils, one solution you might find for your issue is to just not wear sigils at all for now. What I do is slap the desired sigil on my Valkyr Prime and run a Sedna survival until I get the amount of standing I wanted, then leave the mission immediately and unequip the sigil. This method ensures I only ever get exactly as much standing as needed to maintain the balance of my syndicates, and don't have to so much as look at standing for the rest of the day. At MR21, it only takes me about an hour to max out my standing for the day (half hour to each syndicate), so not a ton of time investment.

Needs to be a radio button in the arsenal (add focus school to that too while we're at it). Divorce needing to wear the sigil once earned with standing, from the way you earn the rep. Keep the sigils for fashion and instead select which syndicate to run for with the % being determined by the best sigil you've purchased.

Voilá, a lot of slow tedious menu swapping and hasssle eliminated in a big QoL upgrade.

(The Focus School menu is still needed for fine tuning, such as activating or deactivating branches, spending focus etc. But for swapping school, one click in Arsenal.)

13 hours ago, Xianyu said:

Syndicate standing needs to be a global item. Make it a flag you equip like equipping a pet or a archwing. A completely independent item that works across different warframes.

I've make this suggestion before.  Players should be able to change their syndicate at the syndicate standing station and automatically receive the highest sigil's percentage.

13 hours ago, midtarget said:

so?

i keep a special set that i change sigils for, the rest dont change

Dude, that's a terrible suggestion.

3 hours ago, RubenRosas said:

@[DE]Taylor started collecting suggestions for QOL changes last friday, this is for sure one I would love and be truly grateful to have implemented.

Just started? remote observer has been happening for months now, as indicated by your link being the 13th edition of it.  There've been dozens of suggestions posted on those threads and we've yet to see any actual improvements to the game based on them aside from people using those threads as bug report repositories because DE may actually read them.

18 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Just started? remote observer has been happening for months now, as indicated by your link being the 13th edition of it.  There've been dozens of suggestions posted on those threads and we've yet to see any actual improvements to the game based on them aside from people using those threads as bug report repositories because DE may actually read them.

I meant to refer to this particular thread... Thanks for the overly kind and well educated clarification :]

I keep my two different sigils that I majorly use on different loadouts. Warframe is a complicated game, making something something less complicated that doesn't need to be messed with is unlikely to happen, if anything if we could get more than just A, B, and C variants on our warframes it would resolve a lot of the issues that are similar to these.

It would be nice to see sigils just unlock their syndicate boost bonus as you buy them (so players don't feel forced to use designs they don't like just to get the boost stat they like, but then we asked that when syndicates were introduced too).  If we want to prevent players just buying the best one (which they can do now), each one could give a 2-3% bonus that unlocks up to a 15% maximum.

Likewise on changing sigils, a simple option in the settings for syndicate sigil changes to be global or individual could work (even if slightly more complex).  Those players that want it to change on all frames can set it to be global, those that want to set different ones to individual frames or load-outs can set it to individual (thus as it is now).  Simple and covers all players.

I'd like to see syndicate badges as an option to use instead of sigils as well.

2 hours ago, Loswaith said:

It would be nice to see sigils just unlock their syndicate boost bonus as you buy them (so players don't feel forced to use designs they don't like just to get the boost stat they like, but then we asked that when syndicates were introduced too).

Quoting for visibility.  Regardless of any other argument, this alone should qualify the syndicate sigil mechanic to be changed.  Period.

Also linked it here, which in theory DE reads, so feel free to show support there if you like the idea of having it changed.

Edited by Xekrin

You can join three syndicates at a time with no negaitve rep from one of the three coming back to bite you

Example:
You can join; Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, and Steel Meridian all at once and not get negative rep from any of them.
Put together, all three syndicate stores will have mods that cover all frames.
It would be the same if you joined Perrin Sequence, Red Veil, and New Loka

Also we have three customization slots for a reason.
Just make one of them your syndicate look when doing missions.

Edited by Iccotak