Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 player enemy scaling in solo mode please

DatDarkOne

After watching Rebecca's demo in Devstream, can we please have that same 4 player scaling for solo as Rebecca had.  Brozime mentioned this also in a recent video of his and I completely agree.  I'm an experienced solo player and I can handle to extra enemies.  

Do any of you want this to be a thing also?  Should it be a toggle option when selecting missions?  Only in PoE type thing? Please let me know if you think there are any downsides to this suggestion.

Please voice your opinions.  :D

i agree we should have an option for spawns a x1 for one player that can be set up to a x4 as if single player had four players, or have 2 players and have it on x4 as if it was four players. but i don't think de will as its to farmable  

31 minutes ago, Grimm said:

but i don't think de will as its to farmable

This is the one aspect that I was concerned with.  But, honestly sometimes I just want to farm or kill massive amounts of enemies without having to worry about effecting other players or having what they want effect me.  I do agree that this suggestion has a strong possible benefit of making farming more efficient in solo mode, but it'll also give that extra bit of challenge to some players.  

I thank you for bringing this point up fellow Tenno.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

For example, Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army has this option. You can first off set difficulty (MR level as Steve says), and the number of spawns can go from normal up to x4. Maybe due to the massive amount of spawns and the extreme scaling for us higher MR players, x2 spawns would be the max. Besides, if I can spam Amesha or Itzal abilities, no amount of enemies means anything to me unless I'm going stealthy.

To fight greater hordes in solo... yes.
As TheCometCE said, a matchmaking mode to achieve this would be effective. Only thing is... what if an unsuspecting player used it?
Should such a game mode be MR locked? Or do we let them learn their lesson?

Farmable, yes. But in a way, wouldn't it be rewarding? You successfully fought 4x more enemies, you have the resources at such a rate too.
Would definitely sort out solo survivals.

I'd like to see a option implemented to choose the Difficulty in the modes "Friends Only", "Inv Only" and "Solo".

In the "old" days you had this Choice, in "Solo" there were only the Enemies for one Player, in the other two mentioned above there were the Enemies for 4 Player.

This was changed to prevent solo farming and to not overwhelm new players.

If this Change would be reverted, I would highly appreciate it. But its highly unlikely to happen :/

Maybe a custom Mode would be a good solution. With Settings for Enemylevel, Playercount and Modifications like in Nightmare Mode and Sorties

5 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

Maybe a custom Mode would be a good solution. With Settings for Enemylevel, Playercount and Modifications like in Nightmare Mode and Sorties

This reminds of the if the Devstream were they mentioned clan and being able to make missions for the clan members.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Philosophically, I like the idea.

In practice, 99% of the players would use this simply to rank faster.  Now, if you said "A player or team can choose this option to increase difficulty, but will not receive any more affinity than normal." then sure.

I don't understand the people trying to argue that you'd have to reduce drops or affinity...

You're facing a greater challenge by turning the difficulty up, there should be a greater reward. 

Newer players or those with more limited arsenals may not be able to handle more spawns solo, so there's actually a progression element to being able to select a more challenging mode.

They could even expand it so you have 1-4 player level of difficulty, which just affects spawn rates and then some number of difficulties on top of that which also increase the levels of mobs. That probably wouldn't be something to add to public queues since there's already not enough people queuing for most things to find a group as it is, but it would be great for private games for both solo players and groups. While that would sort of get into D3 territory in terms of how their difficulty system works, I think it would be a good addition to this game. A lot of people get bored with the standard difficulty of most content, giving us the ability to turn it up increases the replay value of all existing content. 

On 9/17/2017 at 11:27 AM, TheCometCE said:

I feel like we should have 2 options for our group, "Solo" and "Solo (Scaled)" or something to that effect. I'm in the same boat, and there are builds I've made that I would absolutely love to use with a full group's scaling, but without the group.

great option, on top of that i would like to see select wave level or monster level option so for a level 30 mission i could jam it up for lets say start at 60 lev mosnters or something, really helpful if you wona do a quick affinity run for a school.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:55 PM, Borg1611 said:

You're facing a greater challenge by turning the difficulty up, there should be a greater reward. 

Not really.  Not all the time.

Let's say I go to a lvl 30 mission and I can crank the enemies up to "4 player mode."

Is the game "technically" more difficult.  Sure.  But is it really?  Nope.  

The vast majority, even the ones saying "I want it just for difficulty so I can 'test' my warframe", want it so they can level faster.

If players want to crank up the game, via way more enemies or higher levels, for a challenge, I'm for that.  But I'm not for players doing that so they can level faster.  So ss long as they don't get more affinity than the "normal" mission, I vote yes.

5 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

If players want to crank up the game, via way more enemies or higher levels, for a challenge, I'm for that.  But I'm not for players doing that so they can level faster.  So ss long as they don't get more affinity than the "normal" mission, I vote yes.

This I have no problems with.  I just had a hiccup in the idea when it was pointed out how leveling up and farm drops could be effected.  My idea truly was sparked by watching the Brozime video in which he showed Reb facing off in the Plains.  It just looked intense and fun as hell.  It was the one thing that he and I could completely agree on.  :D

On 9/17/2017 at 10:25 AM, DatDarkOne said:

After watching Rebecca's demo in Devstream, can we please have that same 4 player scaling for solo as Rebecca had.  Brozime mentioned this also in a recent video of his and I completely agree.  I'm an experienced solo player and I can handle to extra enemies.  

Do any of you want this to be a thing also?  Should it be a toggle option when selecting missions?  Only in PoE type thing? Please let me know if you think there are any downsides to this suggestion.

I think it would be nice if we could conrol it in settings in solo mode. It'd be set to that already if we had 4 but in solo mode we could decie fi we wanted enough enemies for 1, 2, 3 or 4 players for hard core or medicore players.

On ‎19‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 1:44 AM, Troll_Logic said:

In practice, 99% of the players would use this simply to rank faster. 

that's exactly why we want that option, I don't like it, that we are forced to play with 3 other players, that rarely understand how Affinityrange/shared Affinity works and run away in different directions, just to have the spawn rates for 4 players.

I for my part would love to circumvent the Annoyance that comes with these ignorant Players by playing solo or with a friend but setting the spawnrate to 4 Player.

The reason for that is, that I don't like ranking up useless gear and want to spend as little Time as necessary to do so. Also I don't want to be forced to play with randoms that scatter all over the map. Which doesn't help when you want to allocate Affinity quickly.

3 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

that's exactly why we want that option, I don't like it, that we are forced to play with 3 other players, that rarely understand how Affinityrange/shared Affinity works and run away in different directions, just to have the spawn rates for 4 players.

I for my part would love to circumvent the Annoyance that comes with these ignorant Players by playing solo or with a friend but setting the spawnrate to 4 Player.

The reason for that is, that I don't like ranking up useless gear and want to spend as little Time as necessary to do so. Also I don't want to be forced to play with randoms that scatter all over the map. Which doesn't help when you want to allocate Affinity quickly.

and thats because of embers frames

ppl want too play dont want too stay put in the same place while ember does all the work
when enemys get some lvl yea u can finaly play in team but most of the ppl dont stay for 20waves  tell them too do 40 60 is insane 

so yea evrybody runs too difrent rooms too have some fun while keeping the 4player spawn rate

i have been away from warframe  like 2 months and the game never change u get some one o runs all the mission with wof on all mobs die and u did nothing 
now ember is a ***** but is not the only one Warframes are too broken for coop 
and solo players new relic system kinda kill the game for me as a solo player 
i hope the POE dont be just a fancy large map and we are done with it i was hyping more for clan stff like the nemesis system then this yea open world gone be a dream come true but .....                                       i think we shoud have something the makes me want too play in Coop dont force me too play in Coop like raids spawnrates  or Relics Droprates