The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons you seem to use but no one else does

(PSN)LeBlingKing

14 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Just a topic where we discuss our favorite non-meta, full-riven deposition weapons.

I personally enjoy the Tonbo. The looks, the damage, everything.

I really like my Reaper Prime, I use a channelling build with this:

0e0aa7456c1e00d270b3f34320a66be8.png

not max disposition, but pretty close, I never see anyone else using the Reaper P.
As I use it on Nekros, energy is never a problem.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Attica. It performs the role of a rifle, sniper & bow in one.

The swift arrow sound is on key, it feels light and very responsive. It's classy looks recolor well and looks great with Mag, Oberon or Rhino.

Accurate even without zoom, I actually have to unlearn zooming in with it because it'll be faster. 

With speed trigger it became a beast and now overcompensates for bad aim with its multi arrows lol. But that's a necessary tool for my main Mag so she can spam arrows for her bubble. 

I trust and keep it shelved for boss battles, mastery tests and specter copies. 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

Pangolin Sword

Am I the only one who finds Pangolin Sword quite powerful? Combined with Relentless Combination (and a good Riven), his ability to proc bleeding on ground strike can increase the combo counter in no time, so the mods like Weeping Wounds or even Blood Rush can make Pangolin almost as strong as everyone's favorite Zenistar (at least by the time required to kill some lvl 140 bombards in Simulacrum).

Amprex

My favorite primary (among all the primaries) for its great ability to kill the entire room targeting only one enemy.

Serro

With more than decent range this pure elemental mop of total annihilation can easily clear a room from the weakest enemies with gas status while shocking the stronger ones with its innate electro.

Hate

My favorite weapon for Inaros. Love it for its good stats combined with Scythes' fast front finisher amination. And of course it looks badass af.

Tysis and Orvius combination

You totally won't see many ones using this, but recently i discovered that these two are almost perfect combined (well, theoretically). The idea is using Tysis for dealing as many different status effects as you can and then throw a Condition Overload gas built charged Orvius in that enemy, dealing a ton of aoe damage. But unfortunately the throwing mechanic is not so perfect, and the aoe sometimes doesn't work. But at least this combo is fun to use.

Obex

What can be better (and more fun) if you want to strip all the armor from lvl 100 Sargas Ruk?

Hikou Prime

Actually everyone knows what a Concealed Explosives Hikou Prime can do in the hands of a Sortie Defence operative, but in fact no one uses it outside of Sorties, so it can be considered as a rarely used weapon

Pox

The best way to make enemies constantly fall down while leaving their armor striped completely. Why just no one uses it?

4 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Pox

The best way to make enemies constantly fall down while leaving their armor striped completely. Why just no one uses it?

It's weird. I see people bring up the pox often enough in chat when it comes to good secondaries and people praise the armor stripping, but I almost never see anyone actually use them.

I can't really say Kohm since there  is a loyal following for it but the Boar prime might be one that I like but no one really tends to ever use.

Then again I do use Hikou prime a lot

I am also finding myself using the Sheev a lot more since gettign blown up by bombards when you radiation proc an enemy with dark dagger on Mot at 60 minutes does not seem to have good results

Edited by Brorelia

Maybe it will sound weird (I'm in the South America server, with english as main language) and I don't many people using the Sybaris (I still need to craft the Prime version, and I'm being lazy) and neither the AKVasto, which I found really reliable... Still, I don't remember other at this time.

PS: Maybe the Gram? I love that one too!

12 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Destreza, Cycron, Ogris and Cernos Prime. Esp Cycron with 43.3% of my secondary usage being Cycron and the stupid amount of EXP it has.

I rarely use Tigris P outside of Sortie after all.

Destreza is a beautiful weapon! Matched with the Limbo it makes you feel like in the old days of movies with many knights fighting duels 1v1! 

Ceramic Dagger! my most used weapon in the game, its the only weapon i will let my ash prime use and only my ash prime is allowed to use it! (very strict with my dagger!). Everyone always laughs at me for using it, till i out damage everyone in the squad! lol love my dagger!  :cool:

5 hours ago, Undirys said:

Destreza is a beautiful weapon! Matched with the Limbo it makes you feel like in the old days of movies with many knights fighting duels 1v1! 

Endura is like that too(although, stylistically, Endura might be better off with Titania or Oberon Deluxe). Blood Rush + Body Count Destreza hits Red Crit level so often I can barely keep track of it.

5 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Endura is like that too(although, stylistically, Endura might be better off with Titania or Oberon Deluxe). Blood Rush + Body Count Destreza hits Red Crit level so often I can barely keep track of it.

You're damn right!

1f1.jpg

War - the OG two hand godfather. While I love Galatine, it was just not fair.
Buzzlock - I have a nasty riven for it, too bad the practical uses are limited.
Dex Dakra - Amazing design, poor output.
Aksomati - no idea why it is not used. Maybe due to the ammo economy?
Sonicor - some people love to hate on that one.
Simulator - Yea, yeah I get it - it was nerfed. The status and energy regains were not nerfed though.

As of the AkLex Prime coming out, the single Lex Prime. AkLex doesn't feel like enough of an upgrade for me to care about spending another three formas. I also think it looks cooler, but there's plenty of people ready to tell me that guns akimbo is its own brand of coolness, so whatever

25 minutes ago, Ventasis said:

That's some dedication. Lmao.

You ain't kiddin' brother...

I just started forma's on the Wraith when i heard they were letting us color them for PoE (I am very excited about this!!)...Then I see a sweet new shotgun dropping with PoE.

On 10/7/2017 at 10:44 AM, rapt0rman said:

Not sure why you linked the akmagnus when im only talking about the single.  And yes, it is weak *relative* to other secondaries, that's what I mentioned in my post & its objectively true. Of course its still viable in all the currently supported level ranges including Sortie 3. If you want to use it, you can be successful with it, I'm just saying that its a shame there isn't a more competitive revolver. If we compare the magnus with my sicarus (which are both single pistols so its fair to compare), you'll see that it falls behind quite significantly.

Magnus: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Magnus/t_30_20000000_193-1-5-204-0-10-206-4-5-212-5-3-263-6-3-543-3-10-605-2-10-806-7-0_204-7-193-11-605-14-543-12-206-11-212-7-263-7-806-NaN/en/3-0-16

Sicarus: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Sicarus_prime/t_30_20000000_193-1-5-204-0-10-206-4-5-212-5-3-263-6-3-543-3-10-605-2-10-806-7-0_204-7-193-11-605-14-543-12-206-11-212-7-263-7-806-10/en/3-0-19/

Again, if you like magnus, more power to you. I'm not trying to S#&$ on anyone's favorite weapon. I'd just prefer if we had a revolver with more punch to it. 

Edited by Ventasis
link wasnt working

@Ventasis there was a chance you meant both/either so I took the initiative, and they both seemed relevant. 

And actually, comparing an "old" standard secondary to a prime that's been buffed twice and still has 5/5 (which it in no way deserves now, but that's beside the point) is a bit out of line. And even THEN, the fact that magnus with a riven is only a few K behind sicarus prime with a riven on burst DPS (I'll admit, the sustained DPS is a bit lacking) with similar status probability, actually counts for a LOT.

Also if you're looking for a stronger revolver then look no further than the Pandero. Sure it looks a bit odd, but a revolver it is.

Edited by rapt0rman