Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenurick is awful now

raven2k01

Energy regeneration is one of the only things I used from my focus trees.  This change makes Zenurick basically useless.  Regeneration is better than increasing the return on orbs.
Why?  Orbs require actual kills.  For long fights against something like an Eidolon orbs are scarce while constant regeneration would be more managable.  Furthermore the probability of an orb to drop makes energy now spike and can determrimentally effect dps.  This could possibly be remedied by increasing the energy orb drop rate, however it still requires kills.  Can we please have regeneration back.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who HATES Zenurick now.

1 minute ago, Xriah said:

It takes some getting used to, but I actually like the new energizing dash. Yeah, it's not quite as good for us as individuals, but its really nice to be able to share the energy regen with the other schools.

Your right, the hardest part is to get used to not regenerate energy as fast as before. 

Personally I found that almost limitless energy almost too much, fun as hell sure but sometimes I could see that it was a  it detrimental to the game. After all you aren't supposed to be able to cast an ability  ousting over 135 twelve times un a row and still have enough energy to plant a shield a zap 5 enemies as Volt Prime. 

The nerf isn't all that bad even though it reduced the "overwhelming enemies with power" that defines the Zenurik school. 

I have been going over all the focus trees and nothing seems to be worth putting points in, not just Zenurick... They made the focus system almost exclusively for the operator, wich i'm not too fond of, as i've awlays thought the operator's role should be 'behind the scenes, pulling the strings', not 'on the battlefield constantly dieing'... Back to the topic again, i'll take another look into it, but i doubt ill find anything of practical usefulness for the warframe.

IMO its just as is used to be, the only difference is that instead of waiting some time for focus to charge and then use it for infinite energy u have to dash every 30 sec for the same effect (+u give energy to your mates)

You just need to adapt your builds, the frames, abilities and game all works without infinite energy regen, you don't actually need it.

Besides, spec into the skill tree a little and instead of a personal energy regeneration of 4/s you get team-wide regen at 4/s, new Zen is a straight up buff as long as you actively use it instead of saying 'yeah, but I want my always-on, constant supply like a man with a beer hat instead of having to open a can every time I'm thirsty.'

If there's another Zenurik user with you, you can even double the regen, it stacks.

Why people don't test stuff in the game before they complain on the forums?

The ability is now called energized dash, press 5, press CTRL, press space, press 5 again and you have the same energy regeneration for 30s(rise and repeat). It was even buffed that now the hole team can get the buff by just passing through the zone you create.

14 minutes ago, Djego27 said:

The ability is now called energized dash, press 5, press CTRL, press space, press 5 again and you have the same energy regeneration for 30s(rise and repeat). It was even buffed that now the hole team can get the buff by just passing through the zone you create.

Being able to buff the squad is a very welcome change, plus it encourages more team work. I wish more players were aware of this. However, having to go throught such cumbersome and convoluted hoops, every 30 seconds, just to refresh a single ability, is going to get old very fast but we'll see how the system evolves. The Operator/focus has a lot of potential but still needs a lot of work.

Energizing dash is pretty much the old Zenurik. 

Whats better:

1. You don't have to wait 2-3 minutes until you can activate it. Its instantly available.

2. You can give the buff to others.

Whats not so better:

1. you have to activate it manually every time.

Big deal

Edited by Pixues

2 hours ago, Pixues said:

Energizing dash is pretty much the old Zenurik. 

Whats better:

1. You don't have to wait 2-3 minutes until you can activate it. Its instantly available.

2. You can give the buff to others.

3. (At max) You get 150 energy after 30s now vs 120 energy after 30s before. 

Whats not so better:

1. you have to activate it manually every time.

Big deal

There, I added a 3rd.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

I'm not sure if the change is global or just for plains enemies, but I've noticed considerably more energy drops from enemies in the plains.  I haven't had energy problems as long as I walk over the dead enemies.  I'm using Zenurik but haven't done the new quest yet so I only have the passive that gives more energy from orbs.

37 minutes ago, djternan said:

I'm not sure if the change is global or just for plains enemies, but I've noticed considerably more energy drops from enemies in the plains.  I haven't had energy problems as long as I walk over the dead enemies.  I'm using Zenurik but haven't done the new quest yet so I only have the passive that gives more energy from orbs.

You should hurry up and do that qu'est it is really well done 

Been toying around with the new Zenuirk tree, and have to say I find it significantly more engaging than the old Energy Overflow stuff.  The free energy is still there, and the regen is good, but you also need to think on energy spending because you're not gaining it back constantly while in combat with out exposing the weak operator to bullets.

Generally I have a full energy pool going in to combat, but I need to think a bit during combat so I don't run out mid fight, which is fun.

Spending half the time doing void dashes in a survival,so,very fun...it may yield more energy,but you have to jump through a pointless hoop every 30 sec to maintain your energy pool,it adds nothing to the gameflow,it stalls it.Why on earth didn't they just take the old energy overflow,make it work within affinity range for allies,and done,maybe dash once to activate it permamently and tada

31 minutes ago, Serenna187 said:

Spending half the time doing void dashes in a survival,so,very fun...it may yield more energy,but you have to jump through a pointless hoop every 30 sec to maintain your energy pool,it adds nothing to the gameflow,it stalls it.Why on earth didn't they just take the old energy overflow,make it work within affinity range for allies,and done,maybe dash once to activate it permamently and tada

Because the developers felt that the ability remained too powerful, so I'm a compromise they offered this.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Because the developers felt that the ability remained too powerful, so I'm a compromise they offered this.

"Too powerfull"..well,if they took a single glance at the old focus tree from the player perspective,they would've seen that anything but Energy Overflow and Energy Surge was entirely useless because of direct drawback,or because of Focus 1.0 way too long timer.But instead of making the rest worthwhile,they crippled the only thing that actually was worth using

Edited by Serenna187

18 minutes ago, Serenna187 said:

"Too powerfull"..well,if they took a single glance at the old focus tree from the player perspective,they would've seen that anything but Energy Overflow and Energy Surge was entirely useless because of direct drawback,or because of Focus 1.0 way too long timer.But instead of making the rest worthwhile,they crippled the only thing that actually was worth using

Instead of leaving the broken abilities in place they rebalanced the entire system.

The new Energizing Dash is better than the old one in some aspect and worse in other.

Positives

+It requires player input rewarding you for keeping track of the buff.

+It provides energy regeneration to teammates who enter the zone, rewarding co-operative play and making it less "mandatory".

+It grants more energy per second than the old one.

Negatives

-It is horrendous if more than one player have it at different ranks, a new buff will always overwrite a old one even if the new one last shorter with less energy per second than the old buff.

-Way to many hula hops to activate, taking away speed from the fast paced combat even if you perform it close to perfect, and do not get me started if you screw up.

-The momentum is also kept on the operator meaning that you can in fact launch yourself out of your own circle forcing you to backtrack so you can gain the buff slowing down the combat even more.

-A lot more focus is required to fully unlock it so that it can be equal or even surpass the old one.

Overall i like it however, it is a step in the right direction according to me. All i wish for however is to fix some of the more negative sides although i guess some of the negatives are more related to personal preference than actually downsides.

10 hours ago, Djego27 said:

Now I should do supid things to get energy regen...

well done.

DE make operator only for this? And this change should forsing me to play as operator???

Same thing like archwing, pvp and lunaro, but at this time I cant just be a space ninja.

Old zenurik had retirn me to this game, but now I can go.