Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deleting Original Frames when getting the Prime Version

Crowshrink

I do it too. I know there's some people who like to have multiple frames, though -- lets them give different forma set-ups and customize a wider range of builds. I'm not the type of player who goes that heavy into optimization, so I don't do this.

Only exception here is Oberon. He's my favorite frame, and I couldn't bear to delete him after I got his Prime version.

I keep the original for different builds and forma.
I mean I could try to farm up a second prime, but I don't really see a reason to.

Beyond the builds though its basically another 3 customization slots for the same frame so I can have a bit more flexibility in saving fashion.

Also I'm a collector and completionist so I find it nice to have everything in game.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Insanity, I rather keep mine stored away , if ever I need in the future. Having two versions the prime and normal can be advantageous, eg nova ,you can have one frame dedicated to various build of slow, and another in various builds of speed. What you choose will be the prime, and the normie is up to you.

I sell off my normal versions. Maybe one day I will gather them up again. The loss of one forma on some of them will not bother me the slightest. And I got almost 50 reactor blueprints. Exception being my Excalibro. When Umbra comes out and slots become scarce I will bin it over my bro so fast the servers will crash. 

The only weapons I've gotten rid of were early gear like Braton, Lato, Sicarus, Kraken, etc. that I got when I first started playing.  Hell I even have the Akzani even though mechanically, it's literally just a straight up weaker version of the Dex Furis.    I bought, leveled, and sold the mark one weapons added with Vor's Prize cause I gotta fill out that codex!  I tell myself it's for Conclave loadout variety, (The Tigris Prime has objectively worse stats than the Sancti Tigris in COnclave) but I honestly don't play conclave enough for it to matter...

Edited by Shoelip

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Am I the only one that keeps them for fashion frame? I'll keep them as mannequins to save extra color schemes for my skins

Same here.
I mean 3 customization options just isn't enough, especially when you have colorsets in certain layouts that you are currently getting tired of but know that you will be returning to sometime in the future.  Having an extra 3 customization slots per frame allows for a better fashion-frame endgame.

I keep the original if I've dumped a lot of forma and a golden tater in it, and if I like them on top. I keep em as others have said, for different builds or as a backup for when I've just forma'd the prime version and have to do high level missions outta the blue. Frames that are just "ok" in my mind are not worth a duplicate for me.

Never sell anything. After the first couple of times they added a new weapon that required an old one to build, it became apparent to me that they weren't going to stop doing that. How annoyed are you sellers going to be when it turns out you need an o.g. frame to build an Umbra version? No sir. They can sit in my inventory and collect dust as long as I know I'm prepared for that sort of shenaniganry. If I'm running out of slots, I can easily farm up enough junk to sell for plat. Sorry folks, but selling stuff just because it isn't immediately useful is short sighted at best.

I'm the type of guy who sell things he don't need to make some place for the new stuff when buying slots with plat isn't an option at the moment.

Like, I sometimes sell a Warframe to replace it with either the Prime version or another frame. I sold my starter, Exca, a couple weeks before his rework to get my hands on that sweet sweet Chroma because I didn't have the plat at that time. I did pretty much the same with Wukong, Vauban, Zephyr, Nyx, and even... Loki Prime. Yep, you read correctly, I sold Loki Prime, about a year ago. Wasn't using him at all, didn't like him much and I still don't, and, like I said, I sold him to make some place for another frame I might enjoy, at least a little.

But, sometimes, I don't want to sell the regular. I've put about 3-4 Formas and an Exilus adapter, and my Frost P is still unchanged, so unless I put more effort and get the same stats or better on the Prime, I'm still gonna use the regular one. If I give the Prime some Formas and an adapter, I would probably sell the regular one.

For Oberon... it's a bit more complicated. I don't want the Prime. Oberon is my fav and my second frame, I'll never sell him. I have the Feyarch skin, so the uglyness (imo) of the Prime isn't that much of an issue, but I just don't care about him. At first I was excited to se my fav's Prime being released, but once it got added, I litteraly didn't give an F about him. A bit more armor and energy isn't that appealing to me either, so I prefer my regular Oberon. He's just as good and I love him way too much to jus sell it to get a Prime version. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16