Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So now that Focus needs 9000 trillion points and full time job amount of effort...

Wolfdoggie

4 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Defense is not the way to farm focus efficiently.

Then what is?

Why 600k in 15 waves? 

Because I have 18,434,081 focus to go an I've got stuff to do.

Please stop trying to talk down to other people in regards to focus when you still farm it on Hydron.

Me farming on Hydron doesn't have anything to do with the rubbish some others are talking. I talk down to people who play off others lives and act like they are the only ones who exist. 

7 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

almost triple the daily cap.

Exactly. Remove the daily cap DE. No one is going to farm 55 million focus points with this stupid limit in place. Or lower the focus requirement. I don't care either way. I only care that you guys do it.

Overall it seems like all of you fighting for this ridiculous amount of Focus use a lot of "ifs". If you have this, if you have that.

5 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

It doesn't now because they are alerted when someone near them dies. I feel like you already know this but aren't piecing it together.

You do not read my posts do you?

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Please tell me that the Loki stealth kill focus nerf is nothing to do with the "enemies actually can see their friends die" thing. (Actually, do tell me that, that would be funny)

Oh well, I can near match your video of someone with an affinity booster (only trying to get half). So, not sure what you are saying really.

I can hit 44k with an affinity booster (22k without, see the battle report you quoted). The person in the video got 50k with a booster. A 6k difference is not really a nerf - I might just have done a bad job.

2 minutes ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

I'm still confused as to why "people with irl responsibilities" feel the need to max out a single focus school, not to mention all of them.

Because you never know when DE will thrust the Operator into a situation in which focus abilities may be needed. Before you come back with "DE would never punish you for not concentrating on focus", you do not know what future activities/quests will involve. If it's in the game, it's going to be needed, especially if it involves the Operator seeing it's a living plot MacGuffin.

Coming back to this post, I just realized a potential fix is just adding somewhere where there are higher lvl enemies, I mean yeah it will not happen over night but it would be much better and to be honest, I've always wanted somewhere were i could start a survival at lvl 60 - 70 enemies.

So I can test somethings out of a simulacrum without having to wait 30 - 40 mins for enemy lvls to ramp up.

Edited by CaptainJLP

34 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

The change, especially at this point in time since the required amounts of focus are so massive, was a exponentially gigantic efficiency shattering nerf that shook the very foundations of Warframe at the very core causing a huge avalanche of sadness.

Have to disagree with this.
With a Loki and booster I can still get 50-60K focus on a bad run of a stealth exterminate, on a good run its closer to 100-120K depending on how many heavy enemies spawn near convergence orbs.

Thats 2-5 runs of a fairly quick mission to max out focus.

So I fail to see the "exponentially gigantic efficiency shattering nerf" that you're talking about.
The change was that you have to be a bit more careful in the order you took out enemies, or use channeling which destroys the bodies of enemies so that they don't alert others and just make sure you don't kill an enemy while another is directly staring at you (or if you do ignore that one enemy for the 20ish seconds it takes for them to lose interest).

Well I think that active Focus farming should be something that you ONLY do if you don't have enough time to just play the game. The problem right now is that just playing the game gives you a tiny amount of Focus. Without a booster playing for ~5 hours various things (bounties, sorties, raid, etc.) I only got ~40k focus. In a single 10min mission of dedicated farming you can get more than that.

And that really is the problem. There must be a LOT MORE sources for Focus that allow you to comfortably reach the cap if you play 5+hours a day. There are already many ideas all around the forums like Focus rewards for just finishing a mission.

Personally I would like it far more to keep the cap in place, but just make us earn more just by playing the game. That would feel much better and those who actually want to grind out the cap faster could still do that.

1 hour ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

I'm still confused as to why "people with irl responsibilities" feel the need to max out a single focus school, not to mention all of them.

I get why nolifers can feel the urge, because they are "completionists", but other people - why? Most nodes are still trash, pure time sink.

Max out that sweet energizing dash and you are free to forget focus trees even exist.

I hope this post won't be seen as disrespectful, I've been nolifer myself when I was a kid and now I'm a "dirty casul", I know it from both ends and not judging enyone.

:smile:

Its not always a case of maxing it out. But when it takes so long just to get 1 or 2 abilities new/casual players are gonna struggle or be put off by it completely. Most people dont wont to spend a couple of hours just farming focus, they just want to enjoy everything else in the game. Focus gain should be something that just happens while you play, You shouldn't have to go out of your way to farm it, to actually get a couple of focus abilities.

I think every warframe and weapon should have a lens as standard that you can unlock with a forma, and you should gain maybe 2000-5000 focus(depending on mission length or difficulty) for every mission you complete, plus what you can gain with the current method.

Edited by (XB1)Deadly Moves

3 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Can we get the Loki Stealth Kill Focus nerf reverted? I mean Equinox allows a non-diverse, tedious method anyways, so like... please?

(all kills while invisible used to give Stealth Kill Bonus XP regardless of the enemies being too close to each other)

Hide contents

If you wish to max out your school (every node maxed and unlocked, including the 2 Brilliant Eidolon shards and 2,000,000 additional focus to add the way-bound nodes to your other schools) you will require roughly the following amount of Focus per school.

• Madurai: 8,700,000 (35 days)
  • Vazarin: 12,300,000 (49 days)
  • Unairu: 9,900,000 (40 days)
  • Naramon: 6,300,000 (25 days)
  • Zenurik: 18,600,000 (75 days)

14 minutes ago, ZUBO-EGT- said:

Well I think that active Focus farming should be something that you ONLY do if you don't have enough time to just play the game. The problem right now is that just playing the game gives you a tiny amount of Focus. Without a booster playing for ~5 hours various things (bounties, sorties, raid, etc.) I only got ~40k focus. In a single 10min mission of dedicated farming you can get more than that.

And that really is the problem. There must be a LOT MORE sources for Focus that allow you to comfortably reach the cap if you play 5+hours a day. There are already many ideas all around the forums like Focus rewards for just finishing a mission.

Personally I would like it far more to keep the cap in place, but just make us earn more just by playing the game. That would feel much better and those who actually want to grind out the cap faster could still do that.

Not to counter your argument but i just find it ironic that people want to do focus farming by doing general unfocused gameplay lol. I mean, at that point focus will just become like syndicate rep with a higher cap.

Edited by KiteoHatto

3 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Not to counter your argument but i just find it ironic that people want to do focus farming by doing general unfocused gameplay lol. I mean, at that point focus will just become like syndicate rep with a higher cap.

M72yiVk.gif

If you want focus efficiently you have to farm it. You cannot complain focus is hard or takes a long time to farm when you are doing bounties and general missions.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Because you never know when DE will thrust the Operator into a situation in which focus abilities may be needed. Before you come back with "DE would never punish you for not concentrating on focus", you do not know what future activities/quests will involve. If it's in the game, it's going to be needed, especially if it involves the Operator seeing it's a living plot MacGuffin.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that all new stuff DE dishes out will continue the trend of Archwing/Conclave/Lunaro/PoE being insulated from the rest of the game.

And as far as future telling goes, I think your point is just as baseless as the one you so kindly put into my mouth.

:smile:

Edited by Tachibana_Hibiki

3 hours ago, KiteoHatto said:

Then you pretty much don't play the game if 10-30k is all you get. 

Why should no effort be rewarded ?

Besides, focus has been farmable for such a long time already, not like you lost all your focus 1.0 points and have to start fresh. Unless you know, you didn't play back then either.

That's bogus. The normal focus gain on a "regular" mission goes from 400 to 2000 focus, with an average of probably 1K per mission for most users just playing the game normally and completing tasks with a couple lenses equipped on their gear. Telling people they do no effort when the do 10 to 30 missions a day for said focus is a little insulting. Doing 10-30 missions a day is "effort" in my book, and the focus system should be designed so that someone that plays that many missions per day should almost be guaranteed to hit his daily cap... It's insulting to complete a ten minute mission and be offered 768 Focus for your effort, frankly, especially when most abilities end up costing 300k/400k and up... And asking people to hit a 250K daily cap when the average is 1000k, that's even worse. Even if you can consistently get 7-8k per mission, that's still 32 missions a day to hit that daily cap.

The fact that any player that wants to hit the cap pretty much has to combine the best lenses + a booster + A series of increase affinity by melee attack focus nodes + a technique to cheeze the game into keeping the 500% affinity bonus up for pretty much the whole mission and use extremely strategic focus convergence orb usage sucks... It restricts frame usage, forces players to spend 1 to two hours a day in the same mission solo doing menial farming, and it's frankly no fun, but hey, it's the only decent way to get focus, so we're stuck with it...

What topic creator is asking is basically reverting all that crap about the 500% bonus evaporating whenever you hit an enemy while in stealth , plus the fact that enemies seeing dead bodies now become alerted and killing them breaks you 500% counter unless you put everyone asleeep without being seen. I agree with TC... This change broke stealth for many frames and it feels finicky and exploitative to try and manoeuver around these changes.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

3 hours ago, KiteoHatto said:

zOpz1QR.jpg

Yes this seems like 9 years.

Coz if it's not 9 years then it's not too long? To think DE actually want players to use operators...lol lame joke. I've spent like 3000 hours in this game and I hardly hit 100k focus points every day now. And 80% players in this game get even less points than that. GGWP [DE]fender at least focus ain't that useful to worth the grinding.

Edited by Marvelous_A

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Oh, fully geared. Many lenses etc.

I have next to zero interest in looking for focus points. 

To me, farming focus points in basically a chore. It is boring. I have no interest in doing it.

Today, I have killed a bunch of teralysts. Caught a bunch of fish. And leveled a couple weapons and a frame. None of which generates much focus. 

Simply, there are thing I would rather do in game. So I am happy enough to just passively gain focus slowly.

Hide contents

I missed this statement the first time. So, your argument is, I went to an AFFINITY farm and got lots of FOCUS points. Yeah, okay. Great argument. Some people do not like affinity farms, some do. Either side of that coin is fine. I do not do these personally. So, 30 minutes of playing will yield very different results. But yes, if you run Hydron or other nodes good for affinity, you will get lots of focus. I prefer to level gear by just playing missions, not Hydron (or any other affinity node).

^ Pretty much my thought. I do sorties, alerts, Kuva farm, fishing, Teralyst farming, bounties, all kinds of stuff everyday to max out all standing and these are pretty much the game want me to do right? And focus comes from XP right? Why all my battles don't reward me the focus points I need? I hardly get more than 3k focus with affinity booster in a normal starchart mission. Isn't focus supposed to let you get stronger everyday? It should have been something rewards us for all the battle we fight, and it makes me distracted to do focus farming, do use a specific set of equipment to maximize the efficiency. And all I want to do is to just enjoy my everyday fight with the equipment I like. And even if I managed to max out focus everyday it still takes a ridiculously long time to max out stuff. On top of that 90% of the skills aren't even actually useful. :facepalm: So does DE really want players to use their operator? After all this farming? I doubt 80% of the players won't  even complete half of them before they burnt out and leave this game!

Edited by Marvelous_A

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

That's bogus. The normal focus gain on a "regular" mission goes from 400 to 2000 focus, with an average of probably 1K per mission for most users just playing the game normally and completing tasks with a couple lenses equipped on their gear. Telling people they do no effort when the do 10 to 30 missions a day for said focus is a little insulting. Doing 10-30 missions a day is "effort" in my book, and the focus system should be designed so that someone that plays that many missions per day should almost be guaranteed to hit his daily cap... It's insulting to complete a ten minute mission and be offered 768 Focus for your effort, frankly, especially when most abilities end up costing 300k/400k and up... And asking people to hit a 250K daily cap when the average is 1000k, that's even worse. Even if you can consistently get 7-8k per mission, that's still 32 missions a day to hit that daily cap.

The fact that any player that wants to hit the cap pretty much has to combine the best lenses + a booster + A series of increase affinity by melee attack focus nodes + a technique to cheeze the game into keeping the 500% affinity bonus up for pretty much the whole mission and use extremely strategic focus convergence orb usage sucks... It restricts frame usage, forces players to spend 1 to two hours a day in the same mission solo doing menial farming, and it's frankly no fun, but hey, it's the only decent way to get focus, so we're stuck with it...

What topic creator is asking is basically reverting all that crap about the 500% bonus evaporating whenever you hit an enemy while in stealth , plus the fact that enemies seeing dead bodies now become alerted and killing them breaks you 500% counter unless you put everyone asleeep without being seen. I agree with TC... This change broke stealth for many frames and it feels finicky and exploitative to try and manoeuver around these changes.

Here is what i don't get, how the hell are you guys getting so little focus for ANY mission.

You want to hit max possible daily cap as if it were a god damned your given right to do so, in other words you want to minmax with the least effort required.

17 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Here is what i don't get, how the hell are you guys getting so little focus for ANY mission.

You want to hit max possible daily cap as if it were a god damned your given right to do so, in other words you want to minmax with the least effort required.

I'm thinking that they want to hit the focus cap with one piece of gear with a normal lens installed and without going after the convergence orbs.
That's all I can imagine that would lead to such small focus gains.

The only times I've hit focus that low was in missions where I avoided killing enemies (Such as Rescue or Spy, especially the sortie versions) to make the mission as fast/easy as possible.
In a normal exterminate mission with lensed gear I get 6k minimum and thats without the orbs.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Please tell me that the Loki stealth kill focus nerf is nothing to do with the "enemies actually can see their friends die" thing. (Actually, do tell me that, that would be funny)

I tried Sedna extermination with Loki. Did not do a great job of keeping the stealth multiplier at 500%. I did notice that enemies would see their friends die, ending the multiplier if you hit them. This is not a Loki nerf. Of course Equinox sleep is better. You get more than one enemy at a time. If they are asleep, they are not going to see their friend's die. You will notice that with Ivara, the sleep arrow has the same effect as Equinox, but Prowl has the same effect as Loki.

Anyway, here is my battle report. Got around 9k without a booster. So, 18k or so with a booster (because it doubles it). So, assuming I had the patience to do this properly, I should be able to get 25k with a booster.

Hide contents

hIWz1QL.png

ehh why did you quote me here?? did you mistake me for another poster?

1 hour ago, KiteoHatto said:

I kinda don't get it either.  I both actively and passively farm focus by placing Greater Lens on my most used/favorite frames and weapons.  This way I gain focus regardless of what I'm doing.  I don't expect to gain focus if I'm not doing the things that give focus.

So why can't the same thing be done by others if they want as much focus as possible?  I'm not trying to be mean with this statement, but really looks like what KiteoHatto said above is true.

25 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I kinda don't get it either.  I both actively and passively farm focus by placing Greater Lens on my most used/favorite frames and weapons.  This way I gain focus regardless of what I'm doing.  I don't expect to gain focus if I'm not doing the things that give focus.

So why can't the same thing be done by others if they want as much focus as possible?  I'm not trying to be mean with this statement, but really looks like what KiteoHatto said above is true.

IDK? Maybe because capping focus is just like, a very small part of the whole focus issue? Capping it daily is just the first step if you ever want to max that focus tree before your grandkids die of old age. Half year of non-stop hitting daily focus cap for a very small part of the whole game which gives you minor advantages other than few useful passives...I mean, it's not yet a major problem in this game simply coz 85% of it is useless and can be ignored harmlessly. The revenue compared with the input..well I'd say it's a fair trade if you lack a chromosome or something.

zOpz1QR.jpg

Inb4 don't farm it then - currently I'm doing it for Zenurik passives and after that I'd just leave it for good as I did with 1.0

Edit: And I like how 99% of people who say "farming is fine I hit daily cap in 3 missions blah blah blah" are vets or even founers and they totally can't realize how much resource they have compared to 80% of players and not to mention 99% of them have lots of focus points before rework or maybe even stealth farming cheese was still a thing. And these guys are who I called who can't pull out their head from their tiny little dream world

Edited by Marvelous_A

On 10/27/2017 at 11:24 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Because they want focus XP handed to them instead of farming it separately. Same thing happened to Hema. If you want to hit your cap or close to it, you have to slot out some time like you would a resource or XP grind. This game needs goals and grinds to keep players engaged. If focus was like syndicates, everyone MR 15+ would have every tree done.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

What? I've spent 15 millions into Madurai and it's still not enough.

Because that post forgot to factor in pool cost ;^)
There are better calculations on reddit that show that you need ~240 days to max out one school with every waybound, capping every single day.
Including the pool cost obviously since it's required.
With it being around 400 days to max every school.