The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reset Focus tree option?!

Zephyr_TheMLGPro

I was thinking maybe DE could add an option to reset a focus school, many games have something like that implimented.

And with the insane focus grind with focus 2.0 what if someone uses up their only points on a node that they didnt like. We should have an option to correct our wrong choice.

Thoughts?!

EDIT: Added an idea i thought would be great.

What if we could trade our brilliant shards for resetting a focus tree, the cost for reset would double every time we reset the tree, for example

1st reset = 1 shard

2nd reset = 2 shards

3rd reset = 4 shards

... and so on.

Edited by Zephyr_TheMLGPro
Added an idea i thought of.

28 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

How do you even mess up? Did you not bother looking at all your options?

I did not mess up, the thing is i used up my points for Vazarin's Mending Soul skill(the one with insta revives), but then i noticed you cannot stack them anymore, so i thought extra operator health one would've been a much better choice.

Plus its not like no one makes mistakes, but at least there could be an option to revert it back.

I wish. When you spend 11,000 hours worth of grinded focus on a node you end up hating it really sucks not being able to reset it. There's not even an option that costed plat. It wasn't a big deal before Focus 2.0  because at that time maxing a tree didn't take 9 (thousand) years, but now it's something I strongly want because I ended up disliking some of the nodes I took early on in Zenurik and Naramon and could of spent them on better things. Fixing it will literally take me years~ not even an exaggeration.

44 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I wish. When you spend 11,000 hours worth of grinded focus on a node you end up hating it really sucks not being able to reset it. There's not even an option that costed plat. It wasn't a big deal before Focus 2.0  because at that time maxing a tree didn't take 9 (thousand) years, but now it's something I strongly want because I ended up disliking some of the nodes I took early on in Zenurik and Naramon and could of spent them on better things. Fixing it will literally take me years~ not even an exaggeration.

^This, fixing a tree on its own will take weeks. But the plat for reset may feel like a 'pay 2 win' option to some people.

5 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

How do you even mess up? Did you not bother looking at all your options?

Descriptions don't always give you the right idea and things don't always work as well in practice as they sound on paper.

There should definitely be a respec option - at some reasonable cost in terms of plat and/or in-game effort.

Edited by Omnimorph

Ok so i had some thoughts about it and i think the Plat for reset would be bad.

But what if we could trade our brilliant shards for resetting a focus tree, the cost for reset would double every time we reset the tree, for example

1st reset = 1 shard

2nd reset = 2 shards

3rd reset = 4 shards

... and so on.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love to respec and change my lenses, because after Eidolon I rushed it and mess up a lot stuff. Brilliant Eidolon Shard sounds rough - I would make it 10 Formas, and for each additional reset one additional Forma (so 10, 11, 12, etc.).

But I doubt that is going to happen - first it needs an additional button in the UI and we know how long that usually takes (about years of begging from my experience :smile:) and than they they prob make it something like 100 :platinum: plus 10 :platinum: for each equipped lense or some nonsense like that.

Am 1.11.2017 um 21:41 schrieb Zephyr_TheMLGPro:

Ok so i had some thoughts about it and i think the Plat for reset would be bad.

But what if we could trade our brilliant shards for resetting a focus tree, the cost for reset would double every time we reset the tree, for example

1st reset = 1 shard

2nd reset = 2 shards

3rd reset = 4 shards

... and so on.

Sounds good but a cap would be nice. 

• 3 months later...

I would love the reset option...

I had a break, came back when plains came out and dropped all my focus into a school without realizing everything had changed and ended up making my game experience pretty bad and left again...

I have returned again yesterday, the game is fun but my tree is still broken and it already sucks seeing everyone use their awesome skills so I'm not sure how long I'll be around for this time but screw re-farming all that focus again

• 3 months later...

I support this. Even if there were some cost associated with it, whether it be in Focus, Eidolon Shards, or something else, I'd still support the ability to respec one's Focus tree. If nothing else, it would make life much easier for DE if they ever update or rebalance the trees in the future, since they wouldn't have to auto-reset everyone's Focus each time.