Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Tennogen items?

(XBOX)Nautati

3 minutes ago, sati44 said:

I wish DE would pull the plug on this thing... As it is now they have no motivation to make new helmets or skins for new and old warframes. Why would they? They have other ppl doind it for them.

And as much as I admire all the hard work and time those artists put into those creations I'm not intersted in supporting them. I want to support the artists in DE by buying PLAT. And I'm mostly buying plat for cosmetics.

Plus some of the stuff is starting to look old and outdated. Some of the helmets don't fit well with the textures of the warframes and the way they reflect light etc. And to be honest a lot of the skins and helmets look like bad imitations of the art style DE has created and don't belong in the game at all.

DE give us updated immortal skins for all warframes and deluxe skins. Get back to making more helmets and make them avaible only in the shop so you can make $$$.

I don’t think they are able to pull the plug, they have a contract with Steam.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

9 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I don’t think they are able to pull the plug, they have a contract with Steam.

I imagine they do plus it would look really bad if they gave a middle finger to all the creators and ppl that want to support them. Those are just my random thoughts nothing more:P I want more stuff directly from the minds of DE:)

Edited by sati44

More cosmetics is NEVER BAD. Warframe's Deluxe skins are hit or miss ever since IgnusDei was let go (refer to ember skin that just released, ew.)

In my opinion, I feel like Tennogen should be much much less restrictive, instead of it being hand picked every once in awhile by DE, content creators should just be allowed to upload and then we can purchase and have it show up ingame after it gets a quick review by moderation.

41 minutes ago, Aveu said:

More cosmetics is NEVER BAD. Warframe's Deluxe skins are hit or miss ever since IgnusDei was let go (refer to ember skin that just released, ew.)

It was hit and miss even when that overhyped artist was doing stuff.

What need to be added for Tennogen is the ability to Gift them, i know a few people who would love to have some of them but cant justify the cost ~ where as i can. People still get their respective monies as the item is being bought and used by people on steam just not by the purchaser.

Yes I agreer there is too many, not possible that some frame have 6 tennogen skins so expensive and 2 plat skins the most ugly ones in town.

Same goes for syandanas, the crap ugly ones with plat and most of them are real money expensive tennogen.

Seriously.... Equal the balance and add more plat stuff.

5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

It was hit and miss even when that overhyped artist was doing stuff.

What need to be added for Tennogen is the ability to Gift them, i know a few people who would love to have some of them but cant justify the cost ~ where as i can. People still get their respective monies as the item is being bought and used by people on steam just not by the purchaser.

Hardly overhyped. Ignus's skins were amazing, specifically regarding Pnema, Harka, Palatine, Ember (concept), heck I can't think of a deluxe skin from Ignus's that I DIDN'T like. 

Not to mention this beauty aleph__the_first_promethean__by_ignusdei

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

Before you read:
            I know hard work and effort is put into each and every one of these Tennogen cosmetics/items.
Don’t get me wrong, they all look awesome! Whether it be, warframe skins, warframe helmets, syandanas, melee/pistol/sniper skins, etc.
This discussion is not to hate nor disrespect any creator. But to discuss, when is too much?

To begin with, Tennogen started out as a great idea. To have the players that are knowledgeable about 3D modeling create skins and
submit it to DE. To have their creative minds work to potentially have something they made to be put in the game. At that time, only a limited amount
of cosmetics were available and things looked plain to what we have today.

But over the many months, with the continuous Tennogen Bundles and add-ons to the collection of cosmetics.
Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same? What do you think?

/Red Veil Master Assassin Protocols enacted.

/Goal:  Silence the Blaphemer and his corruptive influence.  Make an example.

/Mission parameters: Find target and extract tongue and vocal chords.  Fingers as necessary. All methods with the exception of termination approved, including cauterizing.

/Tennogen-only gear to be worn.

/Target to be cleansed and purged within 24 hours.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I infinitely prefer Tennogen over the original DE skins and accessories. The overwhelming majority of stuff DE puts into the game just doesn't fit my style, but there are a lot of Tennogen stuff that I really like.

As long as DE keeps up their standards for accepting player-made content, my opinion is "more is better".

2 hours ago, Aveu said:

Hardly overhyped. Ignus's skins were amazing, specifically regarding Pnema, Harka, Palatine, Ember (concept), heck I can't think of a deluxe skin from Ignus's that I DIDN'T like. 

I want that frame Nao!

3 hours ago, Sean said:

- Roughly 30% of total profits per skin go to the creator

Wait.. what? The creators, the people actually doing all the work to make those skins are just getting 30% of all the money? Where goes the other 70%? I guess 35% for DE and 35% for Valve. That's not fair at all, DE okay but Valve should get 10% at best.

Back to the topic, I think we should get as many skins as possible, tastes are so different. But they really need to bring down those prizes. 2,99 for a complete skin and 1,99 for Syandanas, helmets and weapon skins. Since the game has so many new players and for once quantity is good, many would buy much more if they could bring down the prize. So they wouldn't lose. Would be cool if they consider that and maybe try it out for the next Tennogen round.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

when is too much?

never. they are completely optional and do not affect gameplay, so we can have as many as we like and all it affects is Fashionframe, which is half the reason Warframe has been so well funded for so long. if you don't like it, you don't buy it; vote with your wallet.

and yes, I'm aware Tennogen is easier to obtain on console, one of the few perks we have.

i would maybe agree with you if this was a strong pvp game, but as it is other people's cosmetics and skins don't impact how you play the game at all.  you might not immediately be able to recognize what frame some one is playing right away but once they use abilities or you hit esc and look at their inventory its obvious.

EDIT: Plus i enjoy buying tennogen skins b/c i know im supporting someone with a lot of talent and put time and effort into creating something awesome

Edited by xattuu

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

Before you read:
            I know hard work and effort is put into each and every one of these Tennogen cosmetics/items.
Don’t get me wrong, they all look awesome! Whether it be, warframe skins, warframe helmets, syandanas, melee/pistol/sniper skins, etc.
This discussion is not to hate nor disrespect any creator. But to discuss, when is too much?

To begin with, Tennogen started out as a great idea. To have the players that are knowledgeable about 3D modeling create skins and
submit it to DE. To have their creative minds work to potentially have something they made to be put in the game. At that time, only a limited amount
of cosmetics were available and things looked plain to what we have today.

But over the many months, with the continuous Tennogen Bundles and add-ons to the collection of cosmetics.
Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same? What do you think?

I say keep them coming until the similarities are too much. Right now, there's still so many unique ideas that more cosmetics is better. It's really cool to grab a frame if you're a new player and realise there's 3 to 6 skins for that frame, and a million helmet choices, and millions of syandana choices. It's really cool.

But yeah maybe in a years time all the skins will start looking the same but then again, there's new frames coming out meaning more tennogen. So maybe it'll never stop, but still some point there may no longer be ember skins, or rhino skins or whatever being made. 

3 hours ago, Aveu said:

OK, I've actually talked to ignus himself. I don't really care if you believe that or not, but I have. Great guy, kinda old as well, but really cool. Our discord was so full that day and we asked him about it all the designs he could have done. Alot of his ideas are actually based off anime. 

But about this skin. He made this before he was hired by DE. Because of this, DE cannot and will not legally claim this skin. When he was finally hired, because this skin was already posted online, this skin never stood a chance to be a frost skin

Edited by Arniox

Just now, Arniox said:

OK, I've actually talked to ignus himself. I don't really care if you believe that or not, but I have. Grate guy, kinda old as well, but really cool. Our discord was so full that day and we asked him about it all the designs he could have done. Alot of his ideas are actually based off anime. 

But about this skin. He made this before he was hired by DE. Because of this, DE cannot and will not legally claim this skin. When he was finally hired, because this skin was already posted online, this skin never stood a chance to be a frost skin

Huh, never knew that. The working rumor around (how I heard it) was that it was just a concept frame. Good to know! 

The issue is not the quantity of the Tennogen items.

The issue is that the quality can outclass the one from Digital Extremes and the fact that majority of the items are hidden behind a rather stupid Steam wall. A lot more people would open up the platinum Reserves if Tennogen items went into the game after a grace period (a year for example).

4 minutes ago, Aveu said:

Huh, never knew that. The working rumor around (how I heard it) was that it was just a concept frame. Good to know! 

Yeah, here. This was his idea for an Atlas skin:

SiLS3qg.jpg

As for a Zephyr skin he wanted to base it off this:

pedXASu.jpg

He also talked about a mesa skin and a couple others. He was a really cool guy. Unfortunately our alliance has kinds been destroyed. You might have heard of the ice alliance? Well recently it was disbanded. I'll try talk to him more though 

17 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Yeah, here. This was his idea for an Atlas skin:

As for a Zephyr skin he wanted to base it off this:

He also talked about a mesa skin and a couple others. He was a really cool guy. Unfortunately our alliance has kinds been destroyed. You might have heard of the ice alliance? Well recently it was disbanded. I'll try talk to him more though 

Hey yeah, my clan was in the Ice Alliance lol. 

Edited by Aveu