Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE farming isn't warframe.

Shockwave-

Warframe is about killing. The Devs have said a number of times on the streams that Tenno should feel overpowerd a bit, like a ninja god cleaving through hordes of enemies. And to farm the things in Warframe we had to do just that. Sure there was the occaionsal rare crate we looked for, or the syndicate medallion, but mostly it was killing, or sneaking, or something.

WIth POE we can now use our uber powerful warframes to:

Mine, by standing around tracing a pattern (that is buggy as all hell when it's not on a flat rock)

Fish: by standing around holding a spear to throw at fish

Stroll on the beach - in order to farm cetus wisps which you need a TON of, you literally have to spend time doing nothing but walking around the shores of lakes.

Not only is the farming more of the "standing around and waiting" type but it is vastly exacerbated by the day night cycle. Fish only come at night (at least the ones you need), and it is reported that wisps spawn better at night, and eidlons are at night. That's a lot of things that happen at night, where as during the day you have nothing, well the 3 rare mods from excursions, but that's it.

I get wanting to stretch out POE content and have it take a while, but farming by standing, especially cetus wisps, is ridiculous, and limiting much of that farming to a day night cycle that many people could simply miss if they log on for 1 hour a day is harsh.

If for one moment I thought POE would be self contained, that you only needed these things for operators and such I'd be fine, but I will bet $1M that in a future patch everyone will wish they had max operator standing with max arcanes and the best amps. I guarantee that even though it doesn't seem like we have to farm these things now, we will in the future. DE seems to be trying to maker operators the central focus of Warframe.

While mining and fishing are marginally tolerable, and tradable (with fish and gems) wisps are not. You simply have to walk around and gather them yourself, doing nothing else.

In reality, DE, the OStrons woudl be selling the fish and wisps and other things for Orokin cells, neural sensors, and stuff we have. How can we be better spear fishers than the Ostrons?

Can Warframe not branch out and be something different when appropriate?

EDIT: Being stuck doing the same thing over and over is what kills games or at least causes immense swathes of break-taking.

Edited by ChargeBeam

I love the change of pace that PoE offers. Fishing and mining is a great distraction and a different way to play the game.

Sorry OP. I'm sure you'll find some people agreeing, but I'm not one of them.

edit: Also, fish only at night? I'm afraid you're mistaken -- there's a lot of fish that can only be caught by day, and plenty of others who appear all the time. The day is also the only time you can build your rep with Incursions.

Edited by Varzy

Honestly the thing that frustrates me more than anything else in the plains, is the fact that it's the only map in the entire game with an exit, without an exit timer. Sometimes there is that player who lingers (like me in crossfire missions) a bit too long. Like I wouldn't even care if the timer was three minutes long, just let me exit without force or losing items.

Just now, Entropydemic said:

Honestly the thing that frustrates me more than anything else in the plains, is the fact that it's the only map in the entire game with an exit, without an exit timer. Sometimes there is that player who lingers (like me in crossfire missions) a bit too long. Like I wouldn't even care if the timer was three minutes long, just let me exit without force or losing items.

You can just use the 'Leave Squad' option to enter your own instance.

1 minute ago, Entropydemic said:

That is when you hit esc -> leave squad

1 minute ago, Entropydemic said:

You can leave squad and exit plains by yourself without losing items

I personally like POE, it's a change of pace, but it still feels pretty neat to play. Progression is a little slow (loading in and out, and in and out, ect, to do new bounties.) but aside from that, there's not a whole lot to complain about on the plains. 

1 minute ago, SergeantSunshine said:

I personally like POE, it's a change of pace, but it still feels pretty neat to play. Progression is a little slow (loading in and out, and in and out, ect, to do new bounties.) but aside from that, there's not a whole lot to complain about on the plains. 

Agree.

There were a lot of things that, once upon a time, "weren't Warframe." Quests, for example. Syndicates. Melee combos--real ones. Treasure hunting. Raids. The whole point of all of those things, and the point of Plains of Eidolon, is to expand on what Warframe is.

Personally, I'm glad DE had the good sense to build the mining/fishing stuff around existing gameplay routines, i.e. aiming and shooting. There could've easily been a huge disconnect, and instead it's just the same skills from a different angle. I like it.

yeah, I'm kinda with OP on this actually. I don't want to play minecraft when I play warframe. I want to play warframe. I want fun, action packed, intelligent gameplay (in terms of modding, squad comps, teamwork, etc) (yes, most of the game can be mindless, but it doesn't have to be either. and that's how me and my friends play, and why we love WF). I want to go around in survivals, defenses, raids, etc killing, accomplishing fast-paced objectives (except the decryption in JV which is slow and boring asf), and that is in stark contrast to standing on a rock waiting for fish to spawn then just clicking fire, or tracing a circle around a rock with no imminent threat of death, etc. So yeah, I kinda agree. And I do so knowing that makes no difference to what the game is turning into. I just hope you can buy that stuff with plat at some point so I can just make plat doing what I love, and not fall behind at the same time.

Wow I should really read more patch notes than watch streams Jesus. Then I'm okay with plains. It's another grind, yes. But really plains is Gara, reskinned units that have a broad weapon set, a new map, and new loot. I'm not trying to detract from what it is, but look how amazing the Kuva Fortress is, and how quickly you forgot about it when the general quests were completed. Most of the maps I've ever played in Warframe are super amazing, beautiful bla bla bla but the intense grind can easily make anyone irritated. I'm appreciative that despite being a small step in a new direction, it is in fact a step in a creative direction. This is very important, as our cultures as a whole are all creative. New isn't always bad. I whined so much about the archwing changes but they stayed and I started to love it. There are plenty of maps that are better than the Plains of Eidolon already.

My favorite are the Grineer factory tilesets. You will need to go there if you want Atlantis Vulcan anyway. <3

9 minutes ago, Entropydemic said:

That moment when you realize that DE has already fixed this issue by allowing you to leave the squad and exit on your own. 

The only reason it wasn't in the game in the first place was because, like so many other things, the dev's vision has been held back by time and money.  The original pitch for dark sector (which warframe is pretty much a second shot at) envisioned a lot of things that "aren't warframe" to you.  That doesn't mean they aren't.

1 minute ago, Aggh said:

The only reason it wasn't in the game in the first place was because, like so many other things, the dev's vision has been held back by time and money.  The original pitch for dark sector (which warframe is pretty much a second shot at) envisioned a lot of things that "aren't warframe" to you.  That doesn't mean they aren't.

YES! It is important to realize that this is the artwork of another person. They do often cater to us forum readers, but in the end they choose what to do with their art. I'd much rather have a company being eccentric rather than your slave.

I have 450 Orikin cells and still would not trade one for a Whisp.

Dissapointed that I now only need 30 fish oil for launchers ... makes fishing pretty pointless now I already have 300 launchers

DE Stop Nerfing stuff

Edited by Retchid
Because English is my first language and I still can't use it

Believe me - If DE are trying to make Operators the center of warframe it'd loose alot of players. and I mean ALOT.

A fair chunk of us only use Operators for the passive abilities, and because we have too, if they force it on us anymore DE will start loosing loyal players (which happened when TSD came out and once more with TWW but to a lesser degree)

But I agree, Cetus wisps should be far more easily obtainable and the Eidolon fight should stick to being optional, along with Operators as a whole.

23 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

Being stuck doing the same thing over and over is what kills games or at least causes immense swathes of break-taking.

This is literally what warframe has been for the longest time. Examples : Old Void system, Kuva Farm, Draco(old), Berehenia. 

The trick is to do other stuff if you get burned out from this. There are a lot of grinding in warframe but you can choose what to grind for. If you're tired of the plains, go back to fissures, kuva, focus, whatever else you are interested in. Don't stay in the plains and complain about being stuck there. 

To me the plains is where I go to relax and get away from the whole grind of warframe or to enjoy on of the best boss battles that we've had in a while. I go there when I want to, not because I have to.

Yes there is a grind wall to climb, but warframe is at base just one big mountain of grind. In a year, you will probably more of the resources in the plain that you can use. If not, other people will and tradable resource's prices will drop by then.