Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celebrate Warframe at the Game Awards!

[DE]Danielle

On 05/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

THE GAME AWARDS TWITCH DROP

Tune in to The Game Awards on December 7 at 8:30 p.m. ET on twitch.tv/thegameawards! Viewers who watch The Game Awards for 30 cumulative minutes and have linked their Warframe and Twitch Accounts will earn a Winter Solstice Salix Syandana Twitch Drop! Make sure to link your account here before The Game Awards in order to earn your drop.

And for those of us who will be looking to go to, or even be asleep, that's 1.30AM in the morning for me....that seems a tad 'unfair'. 

While I get that you're obviously contracted to using twitch for a lot of stuff, linking 'gifts' to streams is always going to be a bad idea, especially when it's usually done at a time when at around half the world won't be able to watch it easily because it will usually 'US based' awards that you'll attend. 

I'm lucky in as much I already have the syandana so not missing out but what if it was something super rare like primed chamber being given out again (really does need to be re-released due to plains suiting snipers) .   

On 05/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

TWITCH EMOTES
Express your inner Tenno on Twitch with six new Warframe Emotes. Purchase a Warframe Bundle via Twitch and you’ll receive a Twitch Crate that includes one random Warframe Emote or Badge to use on Twitch as well as another random surprise!

I thought this game was kind of against rng lootboxes for 'plat only items'...

On 5/12/2017 at 9:26 PM, Sean said:

What is the correct syandana?

The Broca Prominence Syandana would be the previous Twitch Syandana tied with the release of Plains of Eidolan.

The Solstice Salix Syandana is one that was bundled in last year's solstice bundle, along with a Titania skin.

The Solstice Salix is what is being shown in numerous images.

they give you the broca syandana if you link your account with twich and the solstice salix syandana is given if you watch 30 minutes, is the twitch drop

On 12/6/2017 at 3:55 PM, ShadoKitteh said:

Except you probably need to be active on twitch to get the drop. Can't be idle or you don't get anything.

Nope, if you leave the window of the stream on focus (just click on the window), it will think you're watching. I left the Dev Stream 100 idleing on my second monitor while I was playing the whole time and got the Twitch drops. So you don't even need it at attention, but it's probably a good idea just incase. 

Onto a much better note, HI to everyone in twitch chat!! Kind of ironic that so many people are excited that we're the only community showing up hours ahead of time to circle-jerk about the man, the myth, the legend.. CLEM.

!CLEM

On 12/6/2017 at 3:10 AM, Cpt_Verglas said:

DE : Do you really think that european players will watch this stream at 1:30 AM ? You coul just give the syandana to all players as a collective reward. A lot of people are getting fatigued on these sorts of promotions ...

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

for those of us who will be looking to go to, or even be asleep, that's 1.30AM in the morning

6 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

2:30 AM for Germany/Europe... seriously this is BS

info@thegameawards.com

That's who you need to contact if you don't like the time. DE is not affiliated with The Game Awards. They are not the same company, they are not the same people, etc. I know this can be confusing, what with Canadians running the show for both, but I assure you they are not the same Canadians.

DE does not control The Game Awards. DE does not decide what time the stream is.

DE decided to give away free stuff for their fans on SOMEONE ELSE'S MONETIZED STREAM, which they absolutely did not have to do. They could have given away nothing at all, like all the other video games being nominated.

And if they had decided to give away nothing, you wouldn't have complained.

You would've just... missed the stream, and not cared. But because there's FREE STUFF, suddenly you're entitled to it, and you get mad when you can't easily have it.

6 hours ago, PwnstarrDK said:

Nice. That's 02:30 in the morning in EU -.-

33 minutes ago, Totorochan said:

info@thegameawards.com

That's who you need to contact if you don't like the time. DE is not affiliated with The Game Awards. They are not the same company, they are not the same people, etc. I know this can be confusing, what with Canadians running the show for both, but I assure you they are not the same Canadians.

DE does not control The Game Awards. DE does not decide what time the stream is.

DE decided to give away free stuff for their fans on SOMEONE ELSE'S MONETIZED STREAM, which they absolutely did not have to do. They could have given away nothing at all, like all the other video games being nominated.

Ah you just got to love selective quotes.... my original comment already covered the fact that the stream is coming from a 'US location' and is an awards ceremony, along with the fact that DE are likely contractually obligated to use twitch etc.   I also said I've already got the syandana (pretty sure I paid plat for it so I could have complained about that side of it too) so missing it makes little difference to me but I'm still able to see the issue that this is going to cause.

You would've just... missed the stream, and not cared. But because there's FREE STUFF, suddenly you're entitled to it, and you get mad when you can't easily have it.

Well considering DE actively advertised this 'free stuff' via email, it's kind of 'annoying' if you can't get it because they're doing it in a way that causes issues for half the world because of it being time sensitive. 

If it was a code to use within 24 hours nobody would have an issue and we can watch the recorded stream when we got up or back from work etc the next day.  But because DE are choosing to do it as a twitch drop due to their 'focus' on twitch and twitch loot/drops at the moment it does have a direct impact on those of us who can't watch it live. 

Seeing as you're ranting about those of us in 'EU' raising the issue I'm going to assume that you're from somewhere where it's not an issue... I wonder how you'd react if it was something 'exclusive' (say that primed chamber I mentioned earlier) that you could only get at a time when you couldn't get on to get it...

With The Game Awards starting soon (8:30 PM ET), we wanted to give you guys some more information on what you can expect from our new Twitch promotions: 

What are the new Twitch Promotions starting December 7 at 8:30 p.m. ET? 
Three new promotions begin: 

1. “Winter Solstice Salix Syandana” Twitch Drop during The Game Awards 
  2. PC Prominence Bundle II
  3. New Twitch Emotes in Twitch Crates

What is the Twitch Drop during The Game Awards? 
As a celebration for being nominated in The Game Awards we will be doing a Twitch Drop during The Game Awards show. We will be giving viewers the Winter Solstice Salix Syandana for free! 

How do I get the Winter Solstice Salix Syandana Twitch Drop?
Link your Warframe and Twitch accounts here and watch The Game Awards on Twitch! You can view any Twitch stream that is hosting The Game Awards. You will receive the drop as long as the streamer’s selected “game” is The Game Awards, you watch the stream for 30 minutes, and you have your accounts linked (make sure you have the correct account linked). 

What do I get for linking my accounts? 
You will receive the Broca Prominence Syandana upon linking your accounts. And, as mentioned above, if you watch The Game Awards stream with your newly linked accounts you will earn the Winter Solstice Salix Syandana Twitch Drop. Make sure to link your accounts ahead of time to avoid running into any issues. 

Can I get multiple Winter Solstice Salix Syandana Twitch Drops during The Game Awards? 
No. The Winter Solstice Salix Syandana is only one per account. 

How long will the Twitch Drop be available for? 
This Twitch Drop will only be available during The Game Awards. 

What is the PC Prominence Bundle II?
This bundle includes the exclusive Twitch-themed Volt Skin, Tigris Skin, and Sigil. It is currently only available to PC players. 

How do I purchase the PC Prominence Bundle II?
You can purchase this bundle here. You can also support your favorite streamer and purchase it from their stream while they are playing Warframe! You can find the bundles under the “Game” category or next to “Get This Game” tag underneath the stream video. 

What are the new Twitch Emotes?
We have added 6 new Twitch Emotes! You have a chance of receiving a random Emote or Badge when you purchase any Warframe bundle on Twitch. 

Where do I use the Twitch Emotes?
Use them to show off your Warframe love in any Twitch Chat channel! 

@[DE]Danielle

I'm hesitant I'll receive my reward... Warframe's account management says this: 
"Twitch Sync: Linked to Could not find, check back later. . Click here to unlink"

But my twitch prime says I am linked to Warframe...  Not sure what to do :( 

edit: Last reward I got was Frost Prime/Soma Prime when I linked a month ago.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Totorochan:

info@thegameawards.com

ok, so DE is providing this Items, with the condition to watch the stream for 30 minutes straight

DE is promoting this action as well, so who do you believe is to blame? 

you are a weird person and not worth my time :)

23 minutes ago, Distillia said:

@[DE]Danielle

I'm hesitant I'll receive my reward... Warframe's account management says this: 
"Twitch Sync: Linked to Could not find, check back later. . Click here to unlink"

But my twitch prime says I am linked to Warframe...  Not sure what to do :( 

edit: Last reward I got was Frost Prime/Soma Prime when I linked a month ago.

i had this problem earlier in the year and fixed it by un-linking both and then re-linking them

Archived