The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a God Roll Riven?

(XBOX)HypeR SnipE x

I wanted to get an informed view of what is a God Riven?

I've been told multiple answers and yet when I go to advertise a Riven I get of that stature I am told it I should not a God roll.

just looking through the market trade people say a God Roll is 2 +'S and 1 negative.

But does that rule out rivens I have rolled to have 3+'S for example ; +CRit Damage +Status Chance +Crit Chance.

To me the above I said a God Roll, however when advertising I am told it is not as it has no negative, surely no negative with no bad affect on the gun is what makes a God roll?

Please could I get a reply to what you think a God Riven is.

Thanks.

It's one that somebody really wants for a weapon they like using, they usually want it because it has three awesome traits and a harmless penalty but it might also just favor a couple of specific features.

Bonus points if it's a very popular weapon and if you're nailing the meta (crit slide on an Atterax, that sort of thing)

There absolutely are godrolls.

It's just that people advertising their rivens as godrolls almost never have them.

For example for the Zenistar a godroll would be:

+81.5% Range (or anything over 80% really)

+37.4% Attack Speed (very slightly lower is okay too)

-Something pointless you won't need, like Slide Crit, combo duration (won't do anything for the disc) or something related to channeling.

Roll something like this and you can easily expect getting more than 5000p for it.

• Like 1

The name says it all GOD riven, whenever you see God, a god, whatever, you'll know it, there are no stretches, any stretch beyond absolute perfection or near absolute perfection is trash and wont spark the interest of people with tons of plat like me. Do you get it?

It's not hard a concept, rich players are smart otherwise they'd be poor, don`t try to fool a smart person nor flood the chat with false advertisement, that will get you nothing but much deserved backlash.

Furthermore, negative buffs increase the positive buff output. That's why you want a negative on it, and it has to be an irrelevant negative. God roll means perfection, there's no almost. 

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

I have heard, though I didn't find proof in a quick look at the wiki, that having a negative on the Riven gives the positive stats higher values.  That's why people ask for a harmless negative when they're looking for a perfect riven.  

I will say that god rolls do exist, but it depends too much on the weapon and the person to really nail down exactly what a god roll is.  Just because a Riven has 3 positives and 1 negatives, it's not a god roll.  It needs to have the correct rolls in order to qualify.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)HypeR SnipE x said:

I wanted to get an informed view of what is a God Riven?

I've been told multiple answers and yet when I go to advertise a Riven I get of that stature I am told it I should not a God roll.

just looking through the market trade people say a God Roll is 2 +'S and 1 negative.

But does that rule out rivens I have rolled to have 3+'S for example ; +CRit Damage +Status Chance +Crit Chance.

To me the above I said a God Roll, however when advertising I am told it is not as it has no negative, surely no negative with no bad affect on the gun is what makes a God roll?

Thanks.

Depends on the weapon, but there is always always a negative that doesn’t effect the weapon which can majorly boost the positive stats.

for example, getting -impact or - puncture on a soma riven would be ideal, you can have more CC/CD etc, and both puncture and impact are worthless as damage types for the gun .

therefor the riven has a negative, that technically doesn’t effect the weapon in a negative way.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)HypeR SnipE x said:

I'll take a different approach and tell you to just stop posting with the term 'god roll' altogether.  The only thing using that term does is distract from your purpose by opening to door to debating whether or not the term applies to your mod or not.  You should be bargaining a price back and forth with potential buyers not talking about whether some arbitrary quality definition should be used.

Link your stats and let them advertise the mod.  If the stats really are top notch you will get a top notch price.

In theory, a "God Tier" Riven is a Riven that's +Multishot, +Damage, and depending on the weapons, +Crit Chance, +Crit Damage, or +Status (depending on what the weapon needs/is good at).

In practice, whether or not a Riven is "God Tier" is fairly subjective. Yeah Damage and Multishot is nice, but on the other hand, I use a +CC +Toxin + Damage Vs. Grinner -Fire Rate Riven for my Sybaris Prime that I never want to get rid of (unless it's at least the first two with no penalty or -zoom), because it lets me have Corrosive damage, 100% crit w/o Argon Scope, Hunter Munitions/another elemental mod (depending on how Status 2.5 pans out), and Punch Through (via Shred to offset the Fire rate) all at once. It's not awesome for me because it is a straight increase to damage, it's awesome because it allows me to stack more of the mods that I like while still achieving the "must have" stats that the weapon does best with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

A god rolled Riven is a made up description to describe the one that seller want to sell at an extraordinary price.

A good Riven is one that the buyers know what stats he/she wants on a particular weapon. Riven are there to tailor a weapon to YOUR liking. The perfect roll is whatever YOU want it to be.

This is pretty much it.

As much as I hate the concept of rivens, they can serve a purpose of being helpful. I have a riven for my pox, + ammo max, + mag cap, + flight speed. It gives me the option to use companions / sentinels other than Carrier Prime.

Example about Atterax god riven:
Range 78%

Slide attack has 54% chance for critical hit.

-28% Finisher damage.
At the end these are very good and useful stats for a melee weapon with 1/5 disposition.It would be nice if you have Critical damage in there but so far i haven't seen if those even exist.

According to the trade chat "God Roll" or "Godly" usually refers to a mediocre, meh or outright bad riven mod paired with preposterous price tag.

In my mind the good (no god is involved there) roll is the one with 2-3 stats most beneficial for that particular weapon (which are nowhere near damage+cc+cd on status weapons) and insignificant negative boosting the positives. Another thing is the personalized build and the purpose of it, which in effect might turn out seeminlgy bad stats to be great on some weapons (-recoil for burst mode Pandero, projectile flight speed for long range Plasmor or +reload speed on Twin Rogga).

Edited by saradonin
  • Like 1