The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope & Maiming Strike can ruin friendships

LoneWolveYoutube

My friend has been farming for these since the event started, and he has gotten none of them.  I bought one off a guy for 100p, and he got so mad that I got one without even doing the event that he left the discord call and hasnt talked to me since. 

A few minutes after he got offline.  I got argon scope my first try.  I'm afraid to tell him. 

Moral of the story: Please remember that it's just a game.

if you think you are a real friend to him, you shouldnt be afraid of telling him you got one at first try: just gift him your extra copy and done.

Also maiming strike is for scrubs that like to be forced to slideattack all the time just for some damage. I will never do a such silly thing just because other people say its meta, and i can still melt down enemies of any level with ease and in a shorter amount of time

4 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

if you think you are a real friend to him, you shouldnt be afraid of telling him you got one at first try: just gift him your extra copy and done.

I'm guessing the OP bought maiming and just had argon drop.  Why would you pay for a mod and then run the acolyte that gives it?

1 hour ago, kyori said:

If the friendship is so damn fragile... then be glad you have known him before now.

I think these days people call others “friends” when they’re more just associates.

just like people validate their lives by how many “friends” they have on Facebook people that they barely even know if at all.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Argon Pepe and Memeing Scrub aren't even that useful/needed on most weapons...

People just over estimate the mods, the only reasonable weapon I could even slot maiming strike on is orthos or atterax, which is just a budget option as my zaw polearms can massively out damage the orthos and with a riven (which is much much cheaper around 50p) can have maiming strike+2 other strong bonuses.

the most useful mod I’ve gotten from the event is laser sight, works great on the Corinth combined with hunter munitions.

If your friend values your friendship less than his jealousy of you having an in-game item, he is not a friend you wanna have.

In fact, your friend needs to grow up and understand that wealth is power and while money can't buy everything, it can buy a lot and there will always be people having things that he cannot have because of the difference in wealth but that does not make them better or worse than him even if he has to scrape by to get the same things.

To OP, he wasn't much of a friend if that's the case.  I personally wouldn't call anyone online that I haven't met in real life a friend.  Just an Online Associate

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Argon Pepe and Memeing Scrub aren't even that useful/needed on most weapons...

1 hour ago, JohnKable said:

Also maiming strike is for scrubs that like to be forced to slideattack all the time just for some damage. I will never do a such silly thing just because other people say its meta, and i can still melt down enemies of any level with ease and in a shorter amount of time

I completely agree with both of these quotes.  Both of those mods are vastly overrated. 

Il y a 1 heure, DatDarkOne a dit :

To OP, he wasn't much of a friend if that's the case.  I personally wouldn't call anyone online that I haven't met in real life a friend.  Just an Online Associate

I completely agree with both of these quotes.  Both of those mods are vastly overrated. 

Overrated yes, is that a reason to look down on people who use it ? Don't think so.

Doing so make people on the same level as what i called a meta "Nazi" (basically both are intolerant self righteous people)

It's very childish to rage over someone else getting maiming strike or argon scope. I do not have argon scope, but when the acolytes FIRST came out, Maiming strike dropped on the second acolyte fight I did. I never even bothered to farm for Argon Scope - my guns don't build for full crit anyway, and remember there's only 8 slots. There's really no point putting in Argon Scope without Pointstrike first going in, and full crit builds just don't have that raw power once you go to Sortie III (unless you want to Hunter Munitions)

Do I use it? No, none of my weapons use maiming strike. I never found space to slot it on any melee I have (I use a Broken War with Riven for Starchart), and often it's just not worth one of the eight slots when I go Status Meta. That friend of yours should grow up, really. Condition Overload far outdoes Maiming Strike, and the price of a pre event maiming strike can buy you 10 condition overloads.

The Salt, really. I'm not complaining that I don't have stinging thorn, even if that is the true ultimate meta melee when used with a dagger and CL.

I got 4 memeing strikes from 10 runs. My clanmates hate me now :shocked:

Was fun I got into a pug team, said I hope they will share in my luck, we got no meme in 2 runs, they said my luck was a lie, they left even though there was time for one more run. I went in with another team, got meme again :P

2 hours ago, Syln said:

Overrated yes, is that a reason to look down on people who use it ? Don't think so.

Doing so make people on the same level as what i called a meta "Nazi" (basically both are intolerant self righteous people)

Not sure if you meant to quote me for this.  Where in my post did I say that I looked down on or perceived other to be beneath me?  

il y a 50 minutes, DatDarkOne a dit :

Not sure if you meant to quote me for this.  Where in my post did I say that I looked down on or perceived other to be beneath me?  

I quoted you but you weren't the target at all ! (I tried to quote your quote but meta quoting isn't working ;3)

lol and here I am basically willing to give one away to a clan mate if he can't manage to get one by the end of the event. 

I've managed to get the one I needed and then lucked into another one a bit later when I just felt like doing another run.

Now if I can just get another maiming strike (got this last time)...

I got Maiming strike for the first time last night.

...and I don't know what to do with it.

I have an Atterax, but I've been 100% content with just Blood Rush/Body Count and an Eternal War Valkyr. Plus spaming slide attacks gets uncomfortable after a while with my keyboard, and I'm not willing to rebind keys or get a decent keyboard just for one mod.

I might end up just selling it to pick up Argon Scope instead, which I'm pretty sure I can actually find a couple weapons for... Though it won't be for the Sybaris Prime, already got Riven mod that lets me hit 100% crit without it. Maybe Cernos Prime combined with Hunter Munitions so it will actually be good for the couple of weeks before status 2.5? Tenora would be a good fit as well.

Or maybe it will be a Christmas present for the next WTB for it I see in trade, "What do you want for it?" "How about an ammo drum?" ":shocked:"

Edited by Foefaller