Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There, Warframe got it's win.

Wolfdoggie

Good job, Tenno.

EDIT:  Too bad Transistor got robbed of best sound track.  Don't get me wrong, Cuphead is good, but Transistor gave me chills. :shiver:

I was also pretty annoyed that Abzu and Stardew Valley were nominated for the category described as: "Games delight and entertain us, giving us much needed breaks from the sorrows and low points of our lives… and let’s be honest, for a lot of people it’s been a rough 2017. That is why the SASC has chosen to celebrate a game that doesn’t involve combat or conflict."

I'm not sure about Slime Rancher, but those two I *know* have combat/conflict.  I was really hoping to see some puzzle games shine in that category, but nope.  =-\

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

1 minute ago, MrTitan123 said:

First off: Hooray for Warframe! 

Second: I never got the whole story about the game awards. I know overwatch "won" but I don't know if it was actually confirmed. Anyone know?

yes overjeff won the on the "OSCARS" even tho warframe and rainbow sige six should have won

3 minutes ago, MrTitan123 said:

That's not what I meant. Let me rephrase my question. Is it confirmed that blizzard bribed the judges?

No! The event was legit. The prizes have been given to deserving titles!

Spoiler

Here you can see a "The Game Awards" judge relaxing.

huellmcduck.jpeg

Excellant. An award I feel is well-deserved given how much I've seen the team sweat over their project, for good (Plains of Eidolon) and for ill (Specters of the Rail).

Can't wait to see what might be new and tasty in the future, especially given the hints of what Venus is like in the latest Khora content set.

4 minutes ago, MrTitan123 said:

That's not what I meant. Let me rephrase my question. Is it confirmed that blizzard bribed the judges?

It's probably just too many people, including kids under 15, play Overwatch and just voted for it because they like it and not because it has the best Devs who love their game/community and update a lot, like Warframe. 

Steam is the best place to judge a game though and is pretty much the PC community as a whole so WF winning something there is pretty nice for it's rep. Wonder if we'll get a Pizza party for winning.

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Warframe and Path of Exile were the most deserving ones, glad to see WF take it.

On an unrelated note, i would have some excessive profanities and questions to say about the winner of Soul of Vitruvius. How.

I didn't even understand that category.  Most lovingly rendered character?  Single character?  Why would you nominate a whole game for that?  Meh.  Just a dumb award.

9 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Warframe and Path of Exile were the most deserving ones, glad to see WF take it.

On an unrelated note, i would have some excessive profanities and questions to say about the winner of Soul of Vitruvius. How.

Bewbz probably. It's a weird category overall, I couldn't think of anything that stood out strongly and actually voted for Starbound cuz those are some damn cute sprites. ;v