Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a BUFF

(PSN)JAyMaN002

Idk what it is. But he needs it. I try to mod him all these different ways and use different tactics with him, but out of like the 15 that I have, he’s my worst warframe. 

I was really excited to get him, but being the “Avatar” of the warframes he feels really anticlimactic. I was hoping his abilities would control the atmosphere around him with each element he chooses. They to buff up the adaptability concept of him. 

He could like catalyze the environment, make enemies more susceptible cold/ toxin/ fire/ lighting. I don’t like how you have to rely on the Cold element for him to be good enough...but IDK. He just needs a rework 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

Idk what it is. But he needs it. I try to mod him all these different ways and use different tactics with him, but out of like the 15 that I have, he’s my worst warframe. 

I was really excited to get him, but being the “Avatar” of the warframes he feels really anticlimactic. I was hoping his abilities would control the atmosphere around him with each element he chooses. They to buff up the adaptability concept of him. 

He could like catalyze the environment, make enemies more susceptible cold/ toxin/ fire/ lighting. I don’t like how you have to rely on the Cold element for him to be good enough...but IDK. He just needs a rework 

I disagree. Asking for a buff will nerf him

Ah I see the problem
You want the last air-bender out of a dragon

Seiously though, Chroma is meant to be a tank, with elements meant to give that little extra that can help with CC, health regeneration, range attack and so on
But, a possible buff for him could be making Vex Armor and Elemental Ward re-castable

il y a 17 minutes, ShiraHagane a dit :

* A buff to fire and electric wards defensive buffs

Electric ? Because sending back your oponent damage multiplied by 30 while stunning them is bad ?

Fire and toxin sure... but definitely not electricity.

il y a 17 minutes, ShiraHagane a dit :

* Reduce the energy drain on his 4th or make it more powerful

Probably both.

Right now its only use is CC and making chroma less tanky...

Oh and credit farming, because... dragon ?

il y a 25 minutes, (PS4)JAyMaN002 a dit :

Chroma is nothing of this.

He's an elemental dragon based frame that is just a huge tank and damage dealer.

What chroma needs is a rework of his passive 1 and 4, and his 3 to be fixed.

Edited by Trichouette

He does not need a buff he is quite strong at least not a just straight up buff.

Does he need change ? Yep totaly.

Ive heard Tater talking this weekend on stream with DK and they asked for is 1 to be an ability that allows tenno to switch the current element.

This would totaly change the gameplay and make him more versatile.

Edited by trunks013

I think his 2 and 3 are redundant and should just be one ability all together while adding another ability to fill in the gap. His 1 and 4 are really bad and situational at best, I would like a kit that would give it more character than just 2 buffs. The one thing I want changed more than anything is his 4 since it is god awful when you have other frames that can do summoning set and forget pets way better in spades(atlas,nidus,octavia,nekros and soon khora). Just scrap the skin idea and make it a toggle that lets you fly since his defenses are clearly just fine but a mobility power would be actually unique in terms for the frame since there are very few frames that can fly (wukong,titania, zephyr really needs to be in that category as does chroma.)

Edited by Stalc

For Chroma, I've been brainstorming is swapping the 1st and 4th abilities, and modifying a few mechanics here and there. I'd like to see this so that Elemental Ward and Vex Armor would not be the only abilities he can rely on, having little room for using Spectral Scream and Effigy with tougher content.

Here are the suggestions:

1. Dragon Sentry - 'Effigy'   Energy Cost: 50

• Main changes, replaces energy drain with a health decay on the Sentry. When health reaches zero, returns as the pelt on Chroma and regens Sentry health when worn.
  • Pelt draws aggro and retains 335 base Armor, Chroma has reduced aggro, 15 base armor and 1.15 sprint speed.
  • Guided Effigy Augment should see no changes.
    • Note: Needs 299% Power Strength to reach 1,196 damage, compared to Oberon's Smite, which can reach 1,495 so should be fine with little changes as a 1st ability.

2. Elemental Ward             Energy Cost: 50

• Base Aura Share Range is extended.
  • Augment should remain unchanged.

3. Vex Armor                     Energy Cost: 75

• Adds a tap/hold functionality. Tap allows Chroma to have Vex Armor charge normally when receiving fire as it currently works.
  • Hold allows Chroma to charge Scorn to boost up armor first, by draining Shields, maybe allow Fury to drain health to charge, once Scorn has reached limit.
  • Adds a rate decay when not in active combat dealing and/or receiving damage.

4. Spectral Scream            Energy Cost: 25

• Spectral Scream benefits from some Primary Weapon mods.
  • Could have increased energy drain.
  • Activating when wearing Pelt, the energy Wings allows Chroma to hover, so can do a few new movements.
    • Using Roll causes Chroma to use Wings to cause and stun enemies at a energy cost.
    • Crouch activates a Taunt which attacts enemies to Chroma and away from others.
    • Holding Sprint allows for a Charge at the cost of energy.
  • Activating when Dragon Sentry is active, could make the Sentry's attack ability stronger, grants Chroma the ability to dump lethal damage into the Pelt and increased evasion.
  • Augment should remain unchanged.

Passive: Elemental Alignment, unchanged.

These tweaks could help improve gameplay with Chroma and provide more opportunities to use his whole kit in more content, nonetheless I wanted to share a few other ideas about Chroma, at least for discussion along the lines of Chroma being a master of the elements, which shall be in the following spoiler to help reduce confusion, as these are more ambitious.

Spoiler

A possible change for Chroma to be more of a master of the elements, would be to allow all four elements to deal damage and have procs cycle with a built in RNG. Starting with this idea, here are some ideas:

Passive: Elemental Caprice

• Chroma is able to harness all four elements and randomly procs Status effects

1. Dragon Sentry

• The sentry's damage, which at base is 400, would be split between the four so each would do 100 damage at base, and would not exceed 25% damage before factoring enemy weaknesses and strengths in the Damage 2.0 system.

2. Elemental Ward

• Cost is increased from 50 to 75
  • Damage is split evenly between the four elements.
  • Status Effects, apply one at a time and can cycle, based on an RNG.
  • Ward boosts Health, Armor and Agility.
  • Ward is able to send Electrical Arcs to stun the enemy.
  • Damage Multipliers are removed, since the ability is able to sustain a damage aura.

4. Spectral Scream

• As the other abilities, damage is split evenly between the four elements
  • Status Effects change at random between the four when proc'd

And remember that what's in this spoiler is coming from thinking of this line and more as a what if, "The bestial avatar of the primal forces of nature, Chroma, confounds his foes and strengthens his allies with elemental caprice." So it can go further with the actual damage splits being variable and have the bonuses be random for allies, but I figured I'd start the idea with how it impacts the enemy through status procs.

I'd rather they just not touch him outside fixing some bugs.

We don't get anything for free and I'd rather keep the strong brawler we have than get some mediocre frame that "Synergizes".

He has a role and a place in the game. Plenty of frames don't have that. Including newer ones.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

I disagree. Asking for a buff will nerf him

I feel like a Chroma nerf is inevitable at this point, what with the whole one-shotting Teralyst limbs things. Besides, I kinda agree with the OP that Chroma could use an update: his Vex Armor is stupidly powerful but the rest of his kit is kind of underwhelming, making him something of a one-trick pony (and a pretty boring one at that IMO). Then of course there's the whole thing with his element being tied to energy color and not being able to change it mid-mission.

Especially considering his Vex Armor is bound to be nerfed soon anyway, they may as well improve his other abilities so that they see more use.

2 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I feel like a Chroma nerf is inevitable at this point, what with the whole one-shotting Teralyst limbs things. Besides, I kinda agree with the OP that Chroma could use an update: his Vex Armor is stupidly powerful but the rest of his kit is kind of underwhelming, making him something of a one-trick pony (and a pretty boring one at that IMO). Then of course there's the whole thing with his element being tied to energy color and not being able to change it mid-mission.

Especially considering his Vex Armor is bound to be nerfed soon anyway, they may as well improve his other abilities so that they see more use.

I think Chroma is anything but boring to play. Upkeep on his shield levels, 2 buffs, energy and healing while also dealing with enemies makes him one of the more involved frames in this game. Most frames you simply have upkeep on 1 buff and nothing else is critical. With Chroma if you miss either of those buffs, you don't have enough shields when you buff or you don't manage energy to cast those buffs;  he's dead.

He can push lvl 400 Solo Survival. Most frames can push lvl 300-400 and invisible frames can push 800+. Just cuz he makes some trivial content more trivial, he'll prolly get nerfed meanwhile no one talks about Ivara or Octavia.

He pays for his performance with huge flaws. Frames like Nyx with no damage buffs or survival will stomp him in Defense, Excavation or Defection. He's really only good at two things. Killing Bosses and Solo Survival but he'll get nerfed I'm sure. The whole process is really quite maddening.