Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status is worse then Crit (Meele)

(PSN)rolandassassin

Yes status is king in very high levels, but we all know that lvl40> is like 1% of Warframe Content. 

I just build godly Zaw and was lucky enough to roll godly Riven aswell. I was super hyped about it and had fun bulding it to the maximum. With Riven i need only 3 duals to reach 100% Status chance, have 120% extra slash and also 300% range with 12m, this thing is a monster and i said bye to my Lesion forever.

But.. you still sometimes need a few hits to kill someone, yes it does melt everything and even better when its high level but thats like 1% of the content as i said. 

My point is that iam losing fun with it, i farmed for it, made (for me) the best Zaw, named my precious one and rolled insane riven on it. However.. whats really the point when i can in 99% of content i play just pick crit weapon and delete everything on screen in one strike :/? 

Yes, status is better technically, but for general gameplay it really lacks behind.

Or is Blood Rush just too good?

What is your opinion?

So now i just want to build crit Zaw and get new riven :/.

Note - I actually havent tried hybrid meele build yet, like CO and BR in one build, maybe i should try that..

Edited by (PS4)rolandassassin

cmonbruh-profile_image-84cf1a6644b6e42a-

Lvl 40 enemies being 90% of the game? If that's the case then Condition overload is still > blood rush.

I can't comprehend how you base your logic but bloodrush needs you to build up your combo counter all the same on longer endurance runs and is generally not needed on starchart missions plus below lvl 60 enemies are a breeze regardless.

Both are powerful in their own rights, and setting only lvl 40 enemy range doesn't help in proving your case.....

Edited by Tsardova

20 minutes ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Or is Blood Rush just too good?

Yep.
Yet from the meme pair everyone blames Meme Strike. The % could've been toned down a little bit, like 100% at max rank, but don't say it out loud, because it might end up nerfed to the ground instead.

If you care about oneshotting low levels so much, you might wanna get crit weapon. I can't see a reason to do crazy high level stuff, but from what I played status based plagued polearms/staves absolutely wreck once the level rises, especially in infested sorties (like in t3 survival some time ago Nekros + plagued Kripath turned into a unstoppable meat grinder).

Level 40 is baby town frolics. Neither status nor crit is needed to deal with those things if you have maxed mods and are a decent player mechanically.

As for which of the two I go with in higher level content (which for me is pretty much just Sorties and the occasional Bounty), it all depends on the mission. With something like Survival where enemies are constantly coming at me, a Blood Rush melee helps a lot. But if I'm going to be dealing with fewer enemies and thus fewer opportunities to maintain a combo, I'd rather take a Condition Overload 100% status weapon (of which I have quite a few to choose from at this point), since those tend to ramp up in power faster and also mess up the enemy with the status procs themselves.

8 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Yep.
Yet from the meme pair everyone blames Meme Strike. The % could've been toned down a little bit, like 100% at max rank, but don't say it out loud, because it might end up nerfed to the ground instead.

People only claim Maiming Strike is overpowered because it is not readily available and expensive if you don't have the mod. Condition Overload scales much better, and it's damage output (once ramped up) is well above MS. Nothing needs to be toned down. The game is all about powercreep, and there was never, and will never be "balanced". OP is right, Crit is better for a majority of the content because there is barely any content over level 70. Even sortie 3 can be breezed with crit weapons.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

50 minutes ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Yes status is king in very high levels, but we all know that lvl40> is like 1% of Warframe Content. 

Axi Relics, Sortie 1, 2 and 3, T4 Bounties, Raids.

I'd say its at least 30% considering the prime parts locked behind Axi relics.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Nothing needs to be toned down. The game is all about powercreep, and there was never, and will never be "balanced".

Totally agree with you. I am going to go a bit off the topic. The reason why we’re so powerful is because of the broken scaling in the game. The reason why we, the players, want to be so powerful is because of the scaling. Going to take a wild guess and say that the whole damage system would be perfectly fine if we had enemy scaling that wasn’t broken. 

16 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Axi Relics, Sortie 1, 2 and 3, T4 Bounties, Raids.

I'd say its at least 30% considering the prime parts locked behind Axi relics.

Ok ok, i didnt want to sound like iam saying crit>status.

Just that i enjoy crit much more and am a bit sad that i dont enjoy status equally by far. 

But everything is fine when there are lot of players who still prefer status :).

Bigger problem is maiming strike i think, there is no point of having best status meele ever when guy 5 meter behind you wipes the whole enemy squad 5 meter infront of you :/.

Edited by (PS4)rolandassassin

This highly depends on the enemy type. Currently crit builds can hit millions unbuffed. Proper bleed status builds can use these crits to hits to proc 200k bleed tics per second over 10 seconds ignoring armor..Elemental status builds can be built in various ways. But they don't work vs sentients and do not have consistent effect across all enemy types. Crit builds are more reliable and consistent.

Considering you can kill anything in the normal starchart with a half modded weapon crit is definately king there. But both have their niches, and the strongest weapons at the moment are hybrids rather than one or the other. At least thats what ive found. Then again the max levels i ever bother fighting are 150s cus i get bored trying to get to the point where i can fight higher and give up

2 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

My point is that iam losing fun with it, i farmed for it, made (for me) the best Zaw, named my precious one and rolled insane riven on it. However.. whats really the point when i can in 99% of content i play just pick crit weapon and delete everything on screen in one strike :/?

uhhh...I think you lost me.

You call 99% of the game <lvl 40, and then state that your most OP melee status weapon isn't capable of one-shotting them.  Then state that it's better at higher levels than your crit weapon, but your crit weapon is capable of one shotting <lvl40's. Plague Keewar still one shots sortie mobs, and manages to 2 shot Physical enhancement mobs.  This being at 100% status.

Also i'm sorta confused on how you're drawing the lines because most of my gameplay consists of Sortie +, which means that 99% of gameplay for me is >lvl 40. 

Anyways, sorta mute point in all this since my weapon build has blood rush meaning that *gasp* I red-crit while at 100% status.

HrahYKp.jpg

40.6% = 108% at 1.5 combo.  Also 14% crit is sorta a lie because when you take Blood Rush + Hunter Synergy + Arcane Avenger I'm Almost always red critting.  No meme strike necessary.

1 hour ago, zehne said:

uhhh...I think you lost me.

You call 99% of the game <lvl 40, and then state that your most OP melee status weapon isn't capable of one-shotting them.  Then state that it's better at higher levels than your crit weapon, but your crit weapon is capable of one shotting <lvl40's. Plague Keewar still one shots sortie mobs, and manages to 2 shot Physical enhancement mobs.  This being at 100% status.

Also i'm sorta confused on how you're drawing the lines because most of my gameplay consists of Sortie +, which means that 99% of gameplay for me is >lvl 40. 

Anyways, sorta mute point in all this since my weapon build has blood rush meaning that *gasp* I red-crit while at 100% status.

HrahYKp.jpg

40.6% = 108% at 1.5 combo.  Also 14% crit is sorta a lie because when you take Blood Rush + Hunter Synergy + Arcane Avenger I'm Almost always red critting.  No meme strike necessary.

How do you attach picture directly without using link?

4 hours ago, MC_Vinz said:

I just got baited...

20% of my play is doing long survival runs, reaching up to Lvl 400, so status is a must.

Also weeping wounds is a blood rush but with Status

I've never needed to use weeping wounds.  I see it's potential but seems like if you use this mod, you plan to make melee the primary as you also need a +timer mod.  Now you just ate up 2 mod slots. 

Considering most status builds can get to 100% (or very close) with three status/damage (180%) mods, you can only fit one extra mod in it's place (90% as prime poison will be in both builds).  If your not planning to keep combo counter up, seems to be a better build going pure status versus weeping.

I'm assuming your just stacking this mod onto a crit build (also primary melee) for the extra status effects.  So you run this and blood rush.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

Edited by Educated_Beast

6 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I've never needed to use weeping wounds.  I see it's potential but seems like if you use this mod, you plan to make melee the primary as you also need a +timer mod.

Weeping wounds is +45% status per combo counter, Drifting contact is is +40% status chance. 2 60% elementals = +120%.  Meaning that at a combo counter of 1.5(5 hits) Drifting Contact and weeping wounds is now a higher %status chance. 

Example:

Base status 20% 2 60% elemental (+120%) = 44% status

Base status 20%, Drifting contact (+40%) = 28% status  + Weeping Wounds = 46.9% status (@ 1.5x, or 5 hit combo)

So in a 2 for 2 mod situation Drifting contact and Weeping wounds sees a higher status chance at a 5 hit combo, which is basically all the time.  You could argue that there is also the + elemental damage, but then you'd have to try and quantify the difference between having a 3 second and 13 second combo counter and how those damage differences add up over time.

And arguing a 3rd elemental vs Blood Rush is just insanity...

Edited by zehne

On 1/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, Educated_Beast said:

I've never needed to use weeping wounds.  I see it's potential but seems like if you use this mod, you plan to make melee the primary as you also need a +timer mod.  Now you just ate up 2 mod slots. 

Considering most status builds can get to 100% (or very close) with three status/damage (180%) mods, you can only fit one extra mod in it's place (90% as prime poison will be in both builds).  If your not planning to keep combo counter up, seems to be a better build going pure status versus weeping.

I'm assuming your just stacking this mod onto a crit build (also primary melee) for the extra status effects.  So you run this and blood rush.

I dont use weeping wounds often, I just mentioned it since he said Blood Rush is too good. i use it on Atterax because of its slash, Pair Weeping Wounds, Relentless Combination, and Body Count and it can potentially be a really good setup, you can achieve 5x Combo multiplier fairly quickly.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Tsardova said:

cmonbruh-profile_image-84cf1a6644b6e42a-

Lvl 40 enemies being 90% of the game? If that's the case then Condition overload is still > blood rush.

I can't comprehend how you base your logic but bloodrush needs you to build up your combo counter all the same on longer endurance runs and is generally not needed on starchart missions plus below lvl 60 enemies are a breeze regardless.

Both are powerful in their own rights, and setting only lvl 40 enemy range doesn't help in proving your case.....

Actually, at ANY point in game where enemies arent immune to slash, corrosive and viral procs, Condi overload is better since its a "net damage" multiplier that works with itself, the benefit blood rush has is that once you ramped it up, it keeps going as long as there are enemies within your combo timeframe around while CO relies on proc spread.