The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theres something related to the orbiter that scares me...

Toppien

T͍͇̼̖͇̓ͤ̈́̊̎͑̑H̭͉̺͓̱͙̒ͤE̘̯͙͙͇̬͒ͪŔ͇Ě̢̼̺͎ͭ͒̉̿͒S͇̈ͫ̇ ̱͠ͅŅ̝̠͓̟ͨO̶̼͚͍͎͈̾͊̆ ̶̋̽͐́̈́̿M͎̰̰͚̳̙̖O͕̜̺͙̙͡A̮̥̅ͣR̸̯̬̫̹̲̦̫ ̞̘̫̫͋̈́̎̾D̸̟̬̳̹ͥ̈́̂̎̓̇O̵ͪ̐ͫ̍̍Oͣͯ̇͋̋̾̀R͔̟͡S̡͓͕̊ͧ̒̄ ̶̪̮̬̪͉͕T͍͍͎̙̣̪̻̊͛̚Ơ͍͉͚̇ͥͩ͊̐ U̳̍̋N̢̳ͭͬ̎L͍̼̭̖̦͕̗̈́ͥͥͫ͆O̭͉ͧ̾̽͗́ͦC̖̗͌̎ͭK̨̮̫͍̩ ̛̭̗̬̘̬̋̈́̐ͅI̠̓̋ͧͩ̔ͧN̯͍͆̋̽̂̉̎͊ ̮̦̺̭̻̑ͯͤ̅̀ͧ̉ͅT̘̔̋̇ͫ̊H̫Ě̵̜̑͌̉̈͂ ̆ͥȎ̜͙̻͋͛̎̑̂R͈̕B͇̭̬͎͊ͭ̿̾I̴͈͈̼͎̗͗̃T͙̤̻̟̖͓̍ͫͤE̴̤̗R̨!ͫ̓ͪ̅̑̃ͬ

4 minutes ago, Toppien said:

T͍͇̼̖͇̓ͤ̈́̊̎͑̑H̭͉̺͓̱͙̒ͤE̘̯͙͙͇̬͒ͪŔ͇Ě̢̼̺͎ͭ͒̉̿͒S͇̈ͫ̇ ̱͠ͅŅ̝̠͓̟ͨO̶̼͚͍͎͈̾͊̆ ̶̋̽͐́̈́̿M͎̰̰͚̳̙̖O͕̜̺͙̙͡A̮̥̅ͣR̸̯̬̫̹̲̦̫ ̞̘̫̫͋̈́̎̾D̸̟̬̳̹ͥ̈́̂̎̓̇O̵ͪ̐ͫ̍̍Oͣͯ̇͋̋̾̀R͔̟͡S̡͓͕̊ͧ̒̄ ̶̪̮̬̪͉͕T͍͍͎̙̣̪̻̊͛̚Ơ͍͉͚̇ͥͩ͊̐ U̳̍̋N̢̳ͭͬ̎L͍̼̭̖̦͕̗̈́ͥͥͫ͆O̭͉ͧ̾̽͗́ͦC̖̗͌̎ͭK̨̮̫͍̩ ̛̭̗̬̘̬̋̈́̐ͅI̠̓̋ͧͩ̔ͧN̯͍͆̋̽̂̉̎͊ ̮̦̺̭̻̑ͯͤ̅̀ͧ̉ͅT̘̔̋̇ͫ̊H̫Ě̵̜̑͌̉̈͂ ̆ͥȎ̜͙̻͋͛̎̑̂R͈̕B͇̭̬͎͊ͭ̿̾I̴͈͈̼͎̗͗̃T͙̤̻̟̖͓̍ͫͤE̴̤̗R̨!ͫ̓ͪ̅̑̃ͬ

There are no more doors to unlock... on the current version of the orbiter.  They've changed the internal layout before.  I'm pretty sure to start with it was just the cockpit, then they expanded it at some point with the retractable ramp to the foundry / arsenal / mod storage benches.  Then they expanded it again when kubrows were added (sentinels used to just sort of hover over something kind of like a random water heater.)  If they decide to add functionality that requires more doors, then they can simply change the map to add an elevator that we "somehow never noticed before" or otherwise simply alter the map.

I'm okay that the one room is now a lounge of sorts, feel bad though that Ordis dumped off his things without telling me though.

And there's other ways to expand access to the rest of the ship, I've had ideas since seeing the Lounge so we'll see what the devs have in mind.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

is there anything more that you want in the orbiter? 

A hangar for spare landing craft and a walk-in arsenal where all our currently unequipped Warframes and weapons are stored.

Maybe the hangar could include access to space for an Archwing-styled Simulacrum.

I believe someone has confirmed while exploring the outside of the orbiter that there's actually a door frame behind the hospital bed capsule thingy in the infested room, meaning they could build another room there if they wanted (remove medical bed capsule thingy), make a new door leading somewhere else.

They could also probably add a couple doors (or elevators / ladders)  near where the void console and empty corner are. Woudn't be the first time they expand the orbiter (remember how before the second dream, the ship stopped behind the arsenal console)... Then poof, new update comes and magically there's two new corridors leading to three brand new doors.

Personally though, I think the most elegant solution would be to turn the big round engine glass floor thing in the middle of the corridor with the three doors into an elevator that goes down one floor to a whole new floor, since it would avoid the feeling of having the ship spreading in horizontally in many directions.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Don't worry.

In the past, the orbiter didn't even have doors, the area then magically got increased after an update.

Heck, in the past, there wasn't even an orbiter😂😂😂

So, it is not impossible that we get another 20 new doors later on.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Anyone notice the 4 rings at the operator room?

I always thought they will eventually rise up and be elevators or iron man style suit displays (but the latter is now part of the personal quarters).

You can see 2 of them on the floor here:

98D5FD9123CBE8EB3CA2C00E8008C69AEBA6644E

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

5 hours ago, EmberStar said:

There are no more doors to unlock... on the current version of the orbiter.  They've changed the internal layout before.  I'm pretty sure to start with it was just the cockpit, then they expanded it at some point with the retractable ramp to the foundry / arsenal / mod storage benches.  Then they expanded it again when kubrows were added (sentinels used to just sort of hover over something kind of like a random water heater.)  If they decide to add functionality that requires more doors, then they can simply change the map to add an elevator that we "somehow never noticed before" or otherwise simply alter the map.

Not quite. Orbiter was expanded only once (with TSD). When it was first introduced in U14 there was a bug with a ramp which refused to open up, and it was a progression stopper.