Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, ShadowExodus said:

Yeah calm down mastery rank is not that hard to rank up in until you reach like around 20+ where the vaulted primes/prisma/wraiths would start to actually matter. This isn't even the full list of weapons in the game, this is few compared to the full roster so yes you will have enough weapons to rank up and warframes, then there's archwings/kubrows/sentinels. 

That's only half the point. And its not really an argument. 1. if you were MR 7 or lower you wouldn't be enjoying this (this is putting some weapons days, weeks, and in some cases months further away for thousands of low MR ppl who wont get heard cause all the trihards are to excited about the buffs to remember where they came from) 2. It's not so much the increase in MR. It's the DRASTIC increase in MR. I mean MR 2-14 ?!?! think about that for more then 2 seconds. Maybe 2-8 for the boltor prime but none of the weapons starting in the 0-3 range should've been brought above the MR 10 line.

4 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

...for a weapon that is INTENTED to proc status. That's a good catch.

That's what I fear. I am already rank 22 so I am not suffered by it, but it is too punitive for the beginners.

It raises the question: how many players stick around to, say, MR8 before bailing? That's like, what, about 10 frames and 30 weapons worth of mastery acquisition -- if the really cool sh*t keeps being just one more mastery fodder item away (or, for lower-MR players, was just pushed another 30 weapons farther away), how many fewer people are going to stick around to make it that far? 

I do not object in concept to MR requirement adjustments, but these are drastic. 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Pandero

Damage increased from 76 to 86

Status chance decreased from 15% to 14%

Crit chance decreased from 30% to 26%

Crit Damage decreased from 2.5x to 2x

Very sad to see a great weapon getting a nerf. Hopefully the weapon will still remain as it currently is or get a slight buff.

As much as I want most of thesee buffs, I implore you not to skew Mastery Rank so far forward. It's already hard enough to get new players into the game and these changes make Warframe much less accessible. A lot of these were weapons that new players would strive for, especially attica and Braton P. I understand you wanting to balance the game, but making new players this much weaker is a disheartening way to do it.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Soma

Damage increased from 10 to 12

I do not know if anyone has brought it up, but it seems Soma prime has no change to its dmg. so i am sitting here wondering if it is intended that the standard soma gets the same amount of damage as prime.

Comparisons:

• Soma, compared to Soma Prime:
    • Lower base damage (10.0 vs. 12.0)
      • Lower Impact b Impact damage (1.0 vs. 1.2)
      • Lower Puncture b Puncture damage (4.0 vs. 4.8)
      • Lower Slash b Slash damage (5.0 vs. 6.0)
    • Lower status chance (7% vs. 10%)
    • Smaller magazine (100 rounds vs. 200 rounds)
    • Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 800 rounds)
    • Slower spool-up (8 rounds vs. 5 rounds)

Taken from Wikipedia

Wow! Very impressive. I definitely did not see this coming :O 

I must say, some of the things in this list definitely make my mouth water (metaphorically speaking) :D

It is too bad, however that Bows do not get a more "substantial" buff. I wish we could add something more specific to bows like bonus multipliers on headshots or maybe just a crit dmg increase across the board :D

Anyways, I'm stoked to get my hands on some of these weapons and I can't wait what you guys have in store for beam-weapons and melees :D

Keep up the good work :D :thumbup:

I personaly dont understand some buffs:
the grataka one for example why does the prisma variant not get the crit multiplier?
and the Detron / Mara Detron one,why increase the base damage of Mara Detron, to smaller their base damage difference?

Detron, compared to Mara Detron:

• Higher base damage (280.0 vs. 210.0)
  • Lower critical chance (2.5% vs. 5%)
  • Lower fire rate (3.33 rounds/sec vs. 4.17 rounds/sec)
  • Shorter range before damage falloff starts (13m vs. 16m)
  • Shorter range before damage falloff ends (26m vs. 32m)
  • Larger max damage reduction due to falloff (65% vs. 50%)
  • Smaller magazine (5 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
  • Less accurate (7 vs. 13)
  • Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 9)

As the wiki states. Does mastery make now that great impact on weapons, that the normal Detron needs to be that inferior

But i like the idea to change the weapons which are quiet old.

Can we expect the same for melees? Will the Synoid Heliocor be revisited too?

And finally whats about damage 2.5? 

13 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Seriously you're MR 7 don't worry about the higher MR until you get there 

LOLOL I wasn't worried about my MR until 20+ weapons just got placed multiple ranks outside of it lol are you daft??? I could've gotten Boltor Prime 5 ranks ago now I have to WAIT 7 ranks!? This effects low MR WAAYYYYYY more then anyone over MR15+ because now we have decent mid game incentive weapons being completely STRIPPED from us where as MR 15+ are just getting some slight buffs for weapons they've been using forever. Don't worry all the entitled high MR ppl (not all high mr are entitled) will get their way. Over the few months I've been playing i'm starting to realize that whole "most inviting and helpful communities for newcomers" that all the Youtubers spout is B..S.. 

3 minutes ago, DepressiveOgre said:

As much as I want most of thesee buffs, I implore you not to skew Mastery Rank so far forward. It's already hard enough to get new players into the game and these changes make Warframe much less accessible. A lot of these were weapons that new players would strive for, especially attica and Braton P. I understand you wanting to balance the game, but making new players this much weaker is a disheartening way to do it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

7 minutes ago, DepressiveOgre said:

Like I said, if you're going to make new players this much weaker (or suddenly push "aspirational" weapons another 7 ranks farther away), then matchmaking probably ought to be restricted to a ~2MR range, so that people at least feel like they're able to contribute equally and that the players they're with have roughly the same level of equipment. 

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

The Hek series don’t need a buff. Both of them are incredible weapons that can destroy high level enemies quickly. Don’t really see a reason to buff the Hek series.

Sancti and non prime variant got buffs... Both of these can wreck high lvl enemies quickly.... Your argument is mute.

Hey Im just wondering will the primes be getting a damage increase like their normal counter parts as soma gets 10 damage up to 12 it has the same damage as soma prime i feel as if the the soma prime needs something too kinda move it back into prime category with just spool time and ammo size not being a huge buff. i think in cases like the soma prime perhaps their damage should go from 12 to 14?

9 minutes ago, LaVitaBella88 said:

LOLOL I wasn't worried about my MR until 20+ weapons just got placed multiple ranks outside of it lol are you daft??? I could've gotten Boltor Prime 5 ranks ago now I have to WAIT 7 ranks!? This effects low MR WAAYYYYYY more then anyone over MR15+ because now we have decent mid game incentive weapons being completely STRIPPED from us where as MR 15+ are just getting some slight buffs for weapons they've been using forever. Don't worry all the entitled high MR ppl (not all high mr are entitled) will get their way. Over the few months I've been playing i'm starting to realize that whole "most inviting and helpful communities for newcomers" that all the Youtubers spout is B..S.. 

If certain weapons are so important for you, you can set goals for yourself and have things to aspire to. This is the whole point of Warframe, it`s a grinder and you set goals for yourself and farm for it. I wanted nTigris prime and Galatine prime badly back when I finished the main quests around MR 9 or so. So I just farmed for resources and XP and made my way to MR 13. It's really not that hard and it doesn't really take that long at all, even playing only a couple hours per day. Specially if you acquire XP boosters which again, you can easily farm the plat for by just opening relics casually. 

2 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

If certain weapons are so important for you, you can set goals for yourself and have things to aspire to. This is the whole point of Warframe, it`s a grinder and you set goals for yourself and farm for it. I wanted nTigris prime and Galatine prime badly back when I finished the main quests around MR 9 or so. So I just farmed for resources and XP and made my way to MR 13. It's really not that hard and it doesn't really take that long at all, even playing only a couple hours per day. Specially if you acquire XP boosters which again, you can easily farm the plat for by just opening relics casually. 

I really think you're completely disregarding how discouraging it may be to players who may have been considering a weapon that has now moved off another 5+ MR ranks. Yes, of course you can just get back to the grind, but pretending this isn't going to feel like Lucy yanking the football is shortsighted.

55 minutes ago, A7xConnor said:

Just some errors I've noticed with some of the listed stats;

Karak

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 3
Damage increased from 27 to 29

Status Chance from 7% to 15%

Critical Chance from 3% to 9%

CC is 2.5
SC is 7.5

Tetra

Reveal hidden contents

Damage increased from 30 to 32

Status chance increased from 10% to 20%

Critical chance increased from 3 to 4%

Decreased recoil while aiming

Increased accuracy while aiming

CC is 2.5

Prisma Tetra

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 6

Damage increased from 35 to 38

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Decreased recoil while aiming

Increased accuracy while aiming

SC is 15 - Buff > Smaller buff

Latron Wraith

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 7

Damage increased from 50 to 72

Critical chance decreased from 25% to 20%

Damge is 55.1 - Buff > Smaller buff   

Scourge

Reveal hidden contents

Damage increased from 30 to 70 (Primary Fire)

Damage is 60 - Big buff > Smaller buff 

Javlok

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 7

Damage increased from 185 to 230 (primary fire)

Reload speed increased from 2.2 secs to 1.9 secs

Damage is 235 - Big buff > Small nerf

Lato

Reveal hidden contents

Status chance increased from 3% to 6%

Critical damage increased from 1.75x to 1.8x

Crit is 1.8    

AkLato

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 3

Status chance increased from 3% to 6%

Critical damage from 1.75x to 1.8x

Fire rate decreased

Crit is 1.8  

Pox

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 9

Damage increased from 50 to 77

Improved projectile trail FX

Damage is 125 - Buff > Big nerf    

AkVasto

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 8

Damage increased from 50 to 58

Status chance increased from 5% to 12%

Critical chance increased from 15% to 16%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Reload speed decreased from 3 to 3.4 secs

Fire rate decreased

Reload is 1.8 - Nerf > Big nerf    

Prisma Angstrum

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 8

Direct Impact damage increased from 175 to 200

Status chance increased from 10 to 26%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 18%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.2x

Ammo capacity decreased from 30 to 18

CC is 10 - Buff > Smaller buff    

Cernos

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 6

Charge speed increased from 1 to 0.5 secs

Damage increased from 200 to 220

Status chance increased from 10% to 18%

Critical Chance increased from 30% to 36%

CC is 35 - Buff > Small buff        

Can we get some confirmation on the weapons above pls DE? @[DE] Drew@[DE]Taylor @[DE]Rebecca

I really hope my Pox is not actually getting a nerf ^^

Regardless, these changes are amazing! Thanks for this. So many weapons that were not that great before but that are looking (at least on paper) strong contenders for being endgame viable now. 

Archived