Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

AkZani, AkStilleto,... Does this mean we will get Zani, Stilleto,... single secondaries at one point?

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Pandero

Damage increased from 76 to 86

Status chance decreased from 15% to 14%

Crit chance decreased from 30% to 26%

Crit Damage decreased from 2.5x to 2x

^ Please don't change Pandero. It is a highly crit based secondary (I rerolled Riven so many times, like probably quite a few others, until I sacrificed pure dmg for crit dmg, which with these changes doesn't make sense). Most of all, Pandero is right where it should be - great, but not overpowered. It has a great set of stats, quite special actually, and with these nerfs it is a mediocre weapon. Please don't do that <3

Magnus

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Damage increased from 45 to 84

Status chance increased from 20% to 25%

Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%

Reload speed increased from 2 to 1.6 secs

^ Wow, this is a great change! Recently I leveled Magus again and remembered how great it is! With these changes it will be the best! I can't wait. <3
Also, Magus Prime soon? :)

Dual Toxocyst

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 11

Damage increased from 70 to 75

Status chance increased from 35% to 37%

Frenzy buff on headshot can now be refreshed while it’s active

Frenzy buff duration decreased from 6 to 2 secs

^ I am a bit scared for this one. I hate when the buff is off - In Survival buff would be always on, but in Exterminate maybe 1 more second would be a great benefit? In any case, a welcome change, I can't wait to try it out! <3

Rakta Cernos

Since all bows cut down charge time to pretty much don't need fire rate mods - How can Rakta Cernos compete with that? It had 1/4 charge time compared to most other bows, but with these changes it is only 1/2. It has one extra mod slot compared to other bows, but with these changes it won't. DPS ratio with this change is way off (if we consider that current in-game bows dps ratio is good). Can Rakta Cernos get some love? Dmg or crit or status or some gimmick except syndicate proc? Thanks <3

All in all, great changes (except Pandero, pleeeaaaaase don't touch Pandero). I can't wait to retry so many weapons! GJ DE!

23 minutes ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Supra Vandal still has the Higher Clip Capacity and higher Max Ammo Capacity (Also higher Accuracy, but it's still a Supra), so the difference is minor, really minor, but it does exist.

Your right on that one but theres also a error regarding the Scourge:

Scourge

Damage increased from 30 to 70 (Primary Fire

Normal Scourge shots do 60 corrosive damage which is why i am questioning some of the changes on the list as accurate.

1 minute ago, Hieracon said:

Your right on that one but theres also a error regarding the Scourge:

Scourge

Damage increased from 30 to 70 (Primary Fire

Normal Scourge shots do 60 corrosive damage which is why i am questioning some of the listed changes as accurate.

It's good to point those out so hopefully someone from DE will see em, I pointed one about Prisma Tetra having 15% status, not 10% in a post, and I know someone else pointed out another one earlier as well.

Cernos Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 12    

Charge speed increased from 1 to 0.5 secs

Status chance increased from 10% to 30%

Just sayin' but giving it a single arrow mode would drastically increase its popularity. That, or at least making it share the Artemis Bow's reticle mechanics. It's not like the issue with this bow lies in its stats, because if I need a spread shot, I'd take a shotgun instead or a machine gun.

*reads the notes*

Buff, buff, buff, another buff, this weapons getting a buff, so's that weapon, oh look, that weapon gets its damage lowered, but with those new stats, its pretty much just a pure buff. More buffs, buff, buff, awesome buff, much needed buff, OMG look at that buff!

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Latron Wraith

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 7

Damage increased from 50 to 72

Critical chance decreased from 25% to 20%

Why lower the crit chance?

Latron Wraith could have used 25% crit chance to get over 100% with a riven(and I did use it for that) without combining critical delay and argon scope, now it's sh*t; because Latron prime has more of everything...including crit chance/multiplier.

It didn't hit very hard (around 3-4k) even with a riven to get it over 100% crit before; all it needed was a damage buff.
This is still a semi-auto rifle with some recoil(so spamming at maximum rate of fire will miss at range) so it takes more skill to use, so it should be able to get better damage/crit/status mix than typical automatic assault rifles, somewhere between normal assault rifles like braton and projectile weapons such as boltor.

1 minute ago, ComradeHX said:

Why lower the crit chance?

Latron Wraith could have used 25% crit chance to get over 100% with a riven(and I did use it for that), now it's S#&amp;&#036; because Latron prime has more of everything...including crit chance/multiplier.

Funnily enough I am in the exact same predicament, I have a Riven Mod for Latron that can get my Wraith over 100% but not if this change goes through, also Wraith having less Crit than Prime feels weird.

4 minutes ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Funnily enough I am in the exact same predicament, I have a Riven Mod for Latron that can get my Wraith over 100% but not if this change goes through, also Wraith having less Crit than Prime feels weird.

Yeah, it's not like Latron Wraith ever hit hard despite 100% crit chance(around 3-4k per shot unless headshot, worse if dealing with high level grineer; in addition, it recoils like a grakata or at least seems like that due to higher zoom).
Even with the base damage buff, this is an indirect nerf since Primed version was buffed to be way better at everything.  That really shat on all the forma/potato people invested into Wraith version.

Il y a 13 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Supra Vandal

Mastery Rank increased from 10 to 14

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased projectile speed

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage reduced from 45 to 36

Il y a 13 heures, (PS4)Boomstickman98 a dit :

Supra

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 12

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased Projectile Speed

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage decreased from 45 to 36

Supra is equal to Supra Vandal ?

Well that's a no for me :'-(

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

And for the suggestions. If Mastery Rank is connected to some features of the weapons, then I think that it should determined for their difficulty to use, rather than its own prowess. For example, Sniper Rifles, Bows and Launchers are far difficult to use than automatic rifles. Also semi-automatic groups are also not so easier than automatics. Some weapons with alt fire are not so easy to fully use, and most of them has very difficult mechanism such as Penta, Quanta groups and infamous Buzlok.

Isn't it normal that easy-to use are easy to access and only qualified warriors are granted to use the difficult and deadly weapons? As the soldiers on our worlds are first taught for use the assault rifle, then some elite shooters are learn to use semi automatic but long ranged rifle or sniper rifle, and some of them are able to use the grenade launchers or even deadly missile launchers. I think that it would better concept for the mastery rank cap.

In addition to this, please looking for the structure of our enemies, the Grineer and Corpus.

The backbone troops - Lancers and Crewmans - are using Grakata and Dera, which should be the basic infantry rifle. But their seasoned troops are using squad automatic rifles such as Gorgon, and special weapons such as Vulca, Lanka and Ignis, and the most elite troops are using heavy weapons such as Ogris, napalm grenade launcher and Supra. Can't we follow the same road? Like as many assault rifles, include Prime/Vandal/Wraith/Prisma weapons are capped at only mastery rank 4~5 at best, but many sniper rifles and bows are capped at rank 2 to 7, and many launchers are capped at 4 to 8, so on.

---------------------------

And for some weapons....

I don't think that Soma Prime seems enough. For the supposed change it has the same basic damage to Soma, means its Prime varient losing already few advantage over it. Can't you give something more advantage on it?

Can you rethink about bomb secondaries(Castanas and Talons, I mean) and Pox's magazine capacity? 20 reserve rounds for Pox is already painful, and I can't understand why the reserves of bombs are have to be reduced to 12. Bomb secondaries are the weapon category that needs for some loves desperately, so please, don't punish them more.

Also, for the bomb throwers such as Penta, Castanas and Talons, why don't you just detonate the most old bombs as soon as fires when the cap of bombs are reaches? It is one of the most annoying point to use it.

And, can't you make some semi-automatic weapons that has too high fire rate to be either making it automatic or reduce the fire rate and increase the damage instead? The weapon like Akbolto Prime has very good possibility, but unfortunately it needs to constant clicks to run it properly, which is painful.

Is there any reason to reducing Latron Wraith's critical rate? As a Latron Prime user, that don't want to use Latron Wraith, like to see the increased critical rate of Latron Prime, but old Latron Wraith users are likes it for its better critical rate anyways. Keep Latron Wraith enjoys its 25% critical rate, while Latron Prime is good with new 22% critical rate and other good stats seems nothing wrong for me.

So I am loving the way this looks. Literally brought a tear to my eye. But one thing really stood out to me. For the rubico I feel you could take away that status and crit buff and instead make the reload faster. 3 sec on a mag of 5 is honestly brutal. Just a thought from someone who uses the weapon alot, but struggles to use it in survivals, defense, ect because you just cant keep your kps up

Especially seeing how Talons / (Sancti) Castanas got some (very welcome) buffs,
I'm gonna join @Amazerath @AuroraSonicBoom @(PS4)MrNishi @Onokosha @omegasenior and @ThaneValkirian 
in their worry about good ol' globby Stug being sadly ignored here.

That little beauty way back when was my first AoE weapon, kickstarting my love of those in Warframe (Penta woo),
and I think it's way past due for getting a serious looking at (beyond when you added the full-auto option, BTW thanks for that),
its ease of killing yourself vs battle performance against enemies just doesn't seem to be quite right :(

Mind you, Stug might be more in need of a mechanics change / fix rather than pure number tweaking
so I can see how it didn't get included in here, but still, please just don't forget about it.

:heart:

[I'm still not against removing (lethal) self-damage / replacing it with other penalites in general but I guess that's a different discussion.]

AkMagnus

Mastery Rank increased 0 to 12

Reload speed decreased from 3 to 3.4 secs

Fire Rate decreased

Magnus

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Status chance increased from 20% to 25%

Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%

Reload speed increased from 2 to 1.6 secs

AkMagnus already have painful Reload speed, and to create it I have to spend 2 Magnus.

What would I receive from AkMagnus? - Same damage, status and crit chances, much longer reload ( but I often recharge before emptying magazine) 2x magazine, lower accuracy and fire rate would be decreased, also I need 2 more MR to use it.
So, why should I craft it?
Only for mastery rank or fashion?

Archived