Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

50 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Raising them makes the game more streamlined and less overwhelming for new players by 

1. limiting options (while still giving enough options for a personal playstyle)

2. showing New players, which weapons are good by giving better weapons a higher MR requirement.

3. making MR more relevant as player progression.

I agree with this but more should be done on deciding the effectiveness of that weapon in relation to Mr rank it will reside  and I'm seeing a hole here that they're just increasing maybe the ranks to fill the very lacking roster of weapons in higher MR.. There isn't even any weapons on the 15 up MR if I'm not mistaken. They're just band-aid fixing some problems of no weapon to chase towards in later MR. 

@[DE]Rebecca I'm really glad to see these changes in the works. I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. While there will always be top tier weapons in the game, it's nice to see some of the older weapons more useable than they currently are. It gives players, even new ones, something to look forward to getting their hands on. Don't need our veteran players discouraging newbies to not keep a weapon because it's dubbed "Mastery fodder" by the community because the weapon simply can't keep up with other choices we have. This is especially true for weapons that need other weapons in the crafting requirements. I remember when Panthera was significantly worse than the weapon needed to craft it, Miter, but you guys fixed that awhile ago. Something to keep in mind. No one wants to craft a few weapons to build a weapon that isn't as good.

PS: I was kind of hoping more of a buff for Despair's crit chance and crit damage to keep it in line with it's brothers Dread & Hate. I know we have Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker though. Maybe you took this in consideration for the stat buffs?

no melee i see.

sucks i sold my karak riven for endo.

nice to see zenith and azima buff. got rivens for those 2. 

nice to see many of these like despair, dera vandal, burston prime and boltor.

i wonder how these will affect riven dispositions.

not nice to see mr increases. i hated lvling up weapons i disliked just for mr to use a wep i wanted to use.

i already have to lvl up weapons multiple times with forma.

luckily i am past the crappy grind. 

i suggest increasing karak wraith max ammo or mag size.

fire rate can be used to MULTIPLY the damage of these weapons,and any beam weapon that is even close to being status friendly would be ruined if you lower the fire rate or make it fixed,

the ONLY thing you guys should do is make the status per second into regular status chance and double the tick rate of these weapons,

that is such an easy fix and it would be so much better than just upping the damage and locking the fire rate!

3 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

fire rate can be used to MULTIPLY the damage of these weapons,and any beam weapon that is even close to being status friendly would be ruined if you lower the fire rate or make it fixed,

the ONLY thing you guys should do is make the status per second into regular status chance and double the tick rate of these weapons,

that is such an easy fix and it would be so much better than just upping the damage and locking the fire rate!

Can you not? -_-

We haven't even seen ANYTHING regarding beam weapon buffs. Let's wait and see. So far, DE has done a great job :]

Archived