Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Rebecca Did the team just forgot to look at the prime/rakta ballistica or is there really no plan to change it? I think its only fair to get a charge rate buff too and/or a decrease on reload(draw speed) especially on rakta ballistica(2 secs reload!) its what really makes the weapon so hard to use, it's just so slow. The damage is not even close to bow like dread or cernos anyway so I really hope it will get a buff as well 

What does a guy have to do to get a reload speed increase for the Kraken? Seriously! This is a pistol that takes longer to reload than even Ak pistols and takes even longer than most rifles! What it up? The Kraken didn't need a damage and status buff it needed a reduced reload speed desperately. It is just way too slow to reload for many to even consider using it. Please, please, please increase the reload speeds for the Kraken! I really love the weapon mechanics on the Kraken but the power behind it doesn't justify such a long reload time.

18 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Ah, and an another important question - should the enemy of us will get the same treatment? Is Grakata and Dera improvement affects Lancers and Crewmen, and we are suffered by more status/critical rate?

AFAIK they are completely separate in stats.

Stradavar

Status chance increased from 5% to 12% (Auto)

Critical chance increased from 15% to 24% (Auto)

Status chance increased from 15% to 16% (Semi Auto)

Critical chance increased from 20% to 28% (Semi Auto)

Decreased automatic recoil

Telos Boltor

Status Chance increased from 7.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 30%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 50 to 30

Thanks now stradavar more competitive   to tenora . And telos boltor is great again

I think the Dual Toxocyst is more a nerv then a buff.
Because 2s buff is nothing, ok you can restore it if you make headshot after headshot but if you have not enough enemys or enemys where it is very hard to hit the head this buff is useless and without the buff the weapon is useless. In my oppinion the Dual Toxocyst DPS will be very low aganist other weapons like AkStiletto Prime.
I play Dual Toxocyst with mesa ... ok its a little bit OP but i would like it when you can make the buff to 3 or 4s. 

Somewhat mixed feelings leaning towards positive is probably the best way I can describe these changes.

Some of them are definitely very welcome. Latron Prime and Gorgon were among my favorite weapons years ago, and I was thrilled when I saw Prisma Gorgon after coming back. It's great to see them brought more in line with their younger cousins Sybaris Prime and Soma Prime. In fact it seems to me like Prisma Gorgon might become a real beast after the update, I wonder if it's about to be toned down...

(A few numbers for reference: According to my calculations, assuming a Point Strike/Vital Sense build and without taking status into account, Prisma Gorgon is getting buffed by 64% and Latron Prime is getting buffed by 51%).

Others I'm kind of in two minds about. Daikyu for instance; having more consistent crits is always nice, but with the faster charge and reduced damage, is it really gonna feel like a greatbow anymore? I'd rather take a slower charge speed with even more damage; personally, when I bring a slow and hard-hitting weapon into an engagement, I don't care about the fire rate, I just want to hit as hard as possible. Although other than that, I'm looking forward to faster charge speeds on bows; charged weapons have felt underwhelming to me for a while (with the notable exceptions of Lenz and Opticor), and I'm interested to see if the update will change that.

Dual Toxocyst is getting another ambiguous change in my opinion. People might have requested a refreshable buff (I wasn't one of them), but I feel reducing the duration to 2 seconds is too high a price. Right now you can get one headshot and use the 6-second window to take down an entire group (or a single tough enemy) with rapid bodyshots. After the change, consistent headshots will be pretty much the only way to use the weapon effectively, which will make it less versatile against weaker enemies.

A few changes just seem bizarre to me. 50% more damage on Pox, really? I'm not complaining, but it's already ridiculously powerful as it is in my opinion.

As for the mastery rank changes... It does kind of make sense to lock the stronger weapons behind higher MR, but it also seems that new players will have very little available to them from the get-go that's actually worth investing a catalyst or forma. As a result, they will either end up wasting resources on weapons that will be discarded soon afterwards, or they will be running around with underpowered and undermodded weapons for a while hoping for someone to carry them through Akkad. It will also reduce the fun of bringing your friends into the game since it will be harder to boost them with items or forma.

Overall, a few good changes and a few questionable ones. I'm just hoping the updates aren't a prelude to an earthquake in riven dispositions...

2 hours ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Maybe I am just a Buzlok hater but I do not believe it is buffed anywhere near enough to justify having it in such a high MR bracket, the thing is so slow and clunky to use and has no real status/crit so I really think it should be lower MR, maybe even 3MR.

Buzlok gets free +50% flat crit chance by tagging an enemy with the tracer round (And the buff stays for 20 seconds even if the enemy dies in two).

That's 65% crit chance base with no mods, with 2.5x crit damage. The Buzlok is a very strong rifle.

Some of these changes look like they could make some weapons useful, other changes are simply not enough to make a weapon viable even mid-starchart. Every nerf on this list is most unwelcome. And... I gotta ask... why add all those nice buffs to Dual Toxocyst only to nerf the  buff duration? It's like getting a perfect riven with a crippling negative that nulls ANY kind of buff to the weapon...

Some weapons like Cernos Prime are hopeless and need a change in how they behave (arrows not splitting damage for example)...

Also such vast MR locks are NOT GOOD FOR THE PLAYER MENTALITY, this isn't an RPG and balancing weapons on MR is a terrible idea in a game with such vast weapon collection where fashionframe is true endgame, people want their fashion to perform good too. Instead of nerfing, buff. Buff to bring weapons to level and give them some unique flavors.

Oh and wtf with Attica damage nerf?!

EDIT: Shy summed it up perfectly. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ShadowNekrosys said:

Could you consider giving a bit more damage to the attica. I mean.. from 125 to 80 is strong. Maybe 90? Or maybe GIVE ME MY ATTICA PRIME PLEASE!

Agreed. I was apsolutely horrified to see one of my favorite weapons struck so hard... wtf...

Supra and Supra Vandal having the same stats does not feel right. 

Kraken needs a reload speed buff.

AkMagnus should have something more for it... or a Prime version. 

Seer saw some love, finally ... but still a beginner weapon, which makes sense. - I would love to have a JANUS SEER - like a Prime, but instead infused with Corrupted Vor's Void Energy channeled by the Janus Key. Would be a buffed, high MR version of it. 

Vectis Prime saw some love, I like it.  But Primed Chamber WHEN? And we still don't have a 1-bullet version of the Primed weapon. that -60% magazine size mod is still an effective nerf on the weapon. Could review that mod as well.

I feel (Ak)Bronco Prime should see some more love to fit in a higher MR tier. 

Mara Detron and an improved version of the Brakk should be pimped up to fill the MR 10-12 slot of secondary shotguns. (And more secondary shotguns released!)

Buzlok should be able to place the marker on terrain and objects, not just enemies. Could make use of a further buff, or have a Wraith version as well. 

This has been in the game for a long while, but regarding the Spira & Spira Prime. Is the weird projectile trajectory meant to be this way? The knives fly in land in a triangle-shape. Can it be fixed just like the other throwing knives to land where we aim?

3 hours ago, ijoe17 said:

I agree with this but more should be done on deciding the effectiveness of that weapon in relation to Mr rank it will reside  and I'm seeing a hole here that they're just increasing maybe the ranks to fill the very lacking roster of weapons in higher MR.. There isn't even any weapons on the 15 up MR if I'm not mistaken. They're just band-aid fixing some problems of no weapon to chase towards in later MR. 

3 hours ago, TwilitAngel said:

@[DE]Rebecca I'm really glad to see these changes in the works. I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. While there will always be top tier weapons in the game, it's nice to see some of the older weapons more useable than they currently are. It gives players, even new ones, something to look forward to getting their hands on. Don't need our veteran players discouraging newbies to not keep a weapon because it's dubbed "Mastery fodder" by the community because the weapon simply can't keep up with other choices we have. This is especially true for weapons that need other weapons in the crafting requirements. I remember when Panthera was significantly worse than the weapon needed to craft it, Miter, but you guys fixed that awhile ago. Something to keep in mind. No one wants to craft a few weapons to build a weapon that isn't as good.

PS: I was kind of hoping more of a buff for Despair's crit chance and crit damage to keep it in line with it's brothers Dread & Hate. I know we have Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker though. Maybe you took this in consideration for the stat buffs?

So here’s my question to the DE devs: by confining lower-MR players to lower-performing weapons, are you planning to institute a corresponding MR-based matchmaking?

I realize half the hope here is probably to make new players “want that thing so bad” and dream of the day they’re MR8 or 16 or whatever, but new players already spend a lot of time playing Space Ninja Janitor cleaning up behind veterans. Making really solid weapons like the Lex Prime (as an example) gated behind 160,000 mastery points seems like it would be more discouraging than anything, since you’d contribute even less to the mission. 

Archived