Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.12.2

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, ZortQualem said:

Is it a bug that detron can't reach 100% status chance ? I have the 4 60/60 mods installed on it yet it says that it has 89.7% status chance.

That's not a bug.  Shotguns display status chance in the arsenal based on the status chance if every pellet within the shot hits, and this includes shotgun secondaries like the Detron.  The actual status chance per pellet is much much much lower than the value you see displayed (often only a few % per pellet).  It is statistically impossible to hit 100% status chance without elevating the status chance of each individual pellet to 100% - and with such low starting values as one-digit percentages as your starting values, there are no mods in this game that can elevate a status chance THAT much (requiring several thousand percent increase).

8 minutes ago, Maganar said:

That's not a bug.  Shotguns display status chance in the arsenal based on the status chance if every pellet within the shot hits, and this includes shotgun secondaries like the Detron.  The actual status chance per pellet is much much much lower than the value you see displayed (often only a few % per pellet).  It is statistically impossible to hit 100% status chance without elevating the status chance of each individual pellet to 100% - and with such low starting values as one-digit percentages as your starting values, there are no mods in this game that can elevate a status chance THAT much (requiring several thousand percent increase).

This is actually incorrect. Warframe has an odd, undocumented mechanic where if you hit 100% status before Multishot mods are added, every single pellet in the shell gains a 100% status chance. This is why you see shotgun Rivens being so in demand, they're the easiest way to push a shotgun with 28 or less status over the edge.

13 hours ago, EX-4ID16 said:

HI, this is my first time submitting this to you regarding of Atlas' Petrify. Is it suppose to cut short once it's activated? please check it out, it is much appreciated

yes, it's a quick burst now that petrifies everything in line of sight in a cone.

11 hours ago, Groucho_Master said:

I, for one, grew tired of playing low/medium tier missions with ember, saryn, mesa and banshee users because the rest of our squad does not even have a chance to gather affinity to level weaponry and warframes, but since this last major update every time i logged in and played a mission there was an equinox trolling just the same like those other warframe users.

I like Equinox, but now i am compelled to beg you to do with it the same you did with Ember and Banshee, at least balance damage and distance, so the rest of the squad can hope to enjoy their playtime, and hopefully balance those other warframes as well.

why for equinox? Equinox's 4 only really does damage after enemies have been killed inside it's range(from ANY source, NOT just the caster) and THEN manually detonated(or when you get knocked down/change to night).  It does ok slash damage, and puts them into a similar state like panic when things are on fire, but it's NOT as OP as banshee/ember were.  The skill REQUIRES you to move and actually kill things on mid-higher end missions, and acts more like an "OH SH**!" moment aoe attack when it has damage saved up.  

You know, with Arcanes being a frontline topic again... 

Why not add them as a subsection to the upgrade system, instead of their current roundabout state hidden in the foundry? It seems like unnecessary extra steps to have to tie them to cosmetic items. It'd be simple. Every Warframe loadout, two upgradable Arcane slots. Simple, done, everyone's happy and no one has to one-syandana-fits-all their arsenal because the arcane they want to use with everything is tied to it. 

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Anyone else seeing this? I'm getting a lot of mobs milling around in doorways, which they only started doing after the patch. For now, I've seen it happen in void, corpus ship and on Mars.

Kavor defectors do it too (run in circles in doorways now). I know they’ve been getting stuck since Defection was introduced, but this was a new behavior to me - the four of them running in a perfect little circle in a corridor doorway. 

I'm sorry DE but your methodology for spawning the subsequent Eidolons is horrible.

People aren't getting Brilliants, thus they can't spawn. 5 times now, 3 shards...and 4th person doesn't get one.

I don't mind going to the lake, but you need to ensure that the ability to spawn the next one is guaranteed.

Please please please!

Make vacuum collect Atlas' rubble. It's hitbox is too weird and a pain to pick up sometimes, not even the innate 3m vacuum works on it. Please make vacuum work for Atlas' rubble, it would be SO much more helpful without being too overpowered!

First bug for me to report...  Besides the pop gun sounds of the Tigris Prime...  There's this:

pd4XYT2.jpg

You might not be able to see it, but I'm standing on an Index point.  Between me on the index point and the Rhino that's trying to pick it up, There's either lag or a placement/pick up point issue (sometimes both lag and pick-up point) that makes some of them simply stay there on the ground. 

So far the only workaround is to stand on it for an unspecified amount of time and it will pick up.  It will usually happen between 5 - 10 seconds.  

Another issues is that when index drops on the ground, sometimes there's a random number of them that you might pick up after a successful NPC kill.  Not sure whether this is intended or not, but found myself rather surprised sliding over 1 index point and suddenly having 8 on medium setting.  

Next issue.  Earth Tile set..  Day...  Can we pull back on the glare any?  I mean we're Tenno and we're using a piece of equipment that doesn't have any eyes.  Even at default setting this is a bit much...  (Drivers are up to date):

xUSAHxk.jpg

This seems to be reinforced when looking out from a console on the Cambria Spy Mission which makes the transparency seem...  weird

ikQztow.jpg

Also, I never came out in Operator mode...  Are the abilities that we have now supposed to be active at all times, or something that only activates when we run in operator mode?  

Finally, 

9d1yXpD.jpg

I'm sure this might have been reported before...  It's cosmetic and sort of immersion breaking.  When is this hole in my brand-new quarters going to be plugged up?  I know I'm a Warframe and don't have problems in space, but it sort of sets my teeth on edge when the Operator comes in this room.  

It's nice to see a new update, but I'm wondering when Atlas' Petrify will be fixed. It doesn't last more than a second, if that even. It's totally broken. 

Nevermind, turns out that it is a feature and not a bug. It needs to be adjusted since all it does is drain my energy and barely affects anything I hit with it. 

4 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

This is actually incorrect. Warframe has an odd, undocumented mechanic where if you hit 100% status before Multishot mods are added, every single pellet in the shell gains a 100% status chance. This is why you see shotgun Rivens being so in demand, they're the easiest way to push a shotgun with 28 or less status over the edge.

Ah, this explains the reason why people speak of the "magical 100%" with shotgun status chance behavior.  Very odd - but very useful to know.

However, I hope my response does answer the question which the original respondent made about why Detron was not reaching 100% status chance.  It's all due to the pellet-by-pellet nature of status calculations for shotguns which I brought up - it just turns out that there's one more layer to the mechanical complexity than even I had realized.  Complexity within complexity!

11 hours ago, mazzinia said:

I have just tested for the first time Ember after the changes , and I've a comment/proposal.

If now "this" is the energy drain of World of Fire, please change to 0 the costs to activate it, otherwise it's too expensive to keep turning it on/off  ( or change to 0 the costs to toggle it back on after the very first use )

I am looking forward to testing this soon, but I was thinking about this too and it feels like a good idea.  Now that I see someone who has tested it with the same idea, I want to just poke my head in to second this motion.

These Ember changes are looking really nice (on paper I admit because I've yet to test it myself) for game health, but we don't want Ember to actually find herself unable to keep up without pushing for a maximum efficiency build... which would completely defeat one of the main purposes of this change: encouraging Ember to build damage instead of just goofy amounts of range and efficiency to steamroll low-level content.  If Ember can't be expected to build damage because the energy costs are too prohibitive... we just end up back at square one, but with an Ember that does the same annoying stuff - just less effectively.  Based on what you had to say about Resonating Quake, that doesn't sound like something you'd like to do (and I agree with your approach on this, DE; I think it is best to openly encourage alternative, active playstyles rather than just making passive playstyles less effective).

EDIT: Actually, another thought here.  Actually making the energy costs 0 might look a bit weird on paper would allow awkward things where you could technically toggle it "on" with 0 energy (only for it to insta-deactivate) which could get weird, and perhaps might bug things in a game this complex.  A better idea might be to do it like Valkyr's Paralysis: an almost-negligible energy cost of 5 which is further trivialized with even a pinch of efficiency.  I'll leave the specifics to DE, but a minimal-to-none activation cost sounds more in line with a healthy play pattern for Ember based on the recent changes.

Super important bug that happened with recent patch! I cannot kavat-fashion!

The recent patch removed my ability to change fur patterns and colors on my adarza kavat.

I went to change one of the colors to default without realizing there are no selections for fur colors so now I can't get its fur color back to the way it was.
I have the solstice skins and patterns among others for kavats and I can't access any of them under appearance my kavats.

Edit: colors and skins just randomly popped back in and are selectable for the time being..I don't even.

Archived