Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Will Never Say Transference is Useless Ever Again

jjpdn

I've also thought transference was useless in terms of its actual applications. The schools are useful, like how Zenurik can regen your energy, Vazarin has them healz, and void mode is great for reviving, but I never thought I'll be using kidmode in a fight before, instead of their supporting abilities.

That is, before today's Sortie 3 (energy reduction, Hyena assassination). The missions started as a team. I think we had a Mag, a Mirage, and some an... Inaros? I was Harrow and was equiped with a level 19 Rubico (I was leveling gear up). I had Vazarin equiped as the focus school. We arrived at the boss room and and suddenly met either a Scrambus or a Comba, I don't remember, but he disabled all of my abilities. However, we just couldn't find him. We kept getting downed and I think wasted half our revives finding him. 

Then Inaros quit.

Well, that makes it a bit harder, as we have no more tanks. None of us had stupidly overpowered weapon, so we had to slowly chip away at the bosses health. The Mag gave up.

This leaves the Mirage. She decides to keep fighting, but we were left with the bullet Hyena. Everytime he did with spin jump bullet hell attack, she got downed. I make a mistake too and we're dead. She quits.

Turns out, she's the host. 

After a host migration, ALL the enemies except for three of the Hyenas respawn and the last Heynna also gets a full health regen. They were numerous, and with only a sniper rifle that took two-four shots on each enemy to kill, it was insanely hard when once again all my energy was drained. Then I remember I have transference.

I pull out kidmode and start void blasting and dashing like crazy, squeezing shots in between. I'm surprised at how effective it is. It becomes a nice routine until I become too used to it and the Tech catches me off guard. I lose my last revive.

Now, its just the Hyena vs me. One life each. 

His normal attack bursts me down in one shot. His bullet hell attack also bursts me down in one shot. I can't make any mistakes. Remembering that rolling either had damage reduction or i-frames, I start rolling like crazy in and out of cover. I take pot shots at the head using my sniper whenever I can and weave in and out. Using this Dark Souls technique, I'm able to remove all his shields, until I make a fatal mistake where I rolled twice in quick succession into his bullet hell. In a split-second, I freak out and press a random button. Luckily for me, it was transference.

The mili-second transition between Warframe and Operator saves my butt once again. I stayed in void-mode for a second or two, not understanding how I haven't failed the mission yet, then snap back to action. Now using operator mode to get to different positions without getting hurt (which honestly felt better than rolling), I was able to kill the darn Hyena after a few more minutes of scratching his health.

Success! I had finally finished the mission, alone, no energy, and with a crappy weapon!

And, of course, I also get a fitting reward for all my effort. 

EV9fjgo.png

TL;DR: Just normal transference wins me a Sortie Hyena assassination where I had no energy (or the pads) for most of it.

Even if I'm not sure if this is a special experience, it still felt very rewarding for me, and I just wanted to share. 

Well, if I had to do what you did, I'd have raged once I saw that Anasa sculpture...

The T1 Scaffold is 9000 void damage, so it's not as useless as what people claim.

@jjpdn i Main Vazarin since focus came out and with Focus 2.0 i started enjoying it even more tho i miss the radial healing and reviving. I constantly keep an eye on my team`s health and often dash through teammates healing them wile on the go, Vazarin`s Void Aegis is absurdly useful, completely protecting the team in Sorties against Kela and Ambula`s Bombardments. <3

I never found the kid useless, they are completely immunue to damage when in cloak which is super good for reviving in any situation. Amps deal quite a lot of damage to not heavily armored enemies even at sortie levels. They can be used to rapidly reposition your frame especially if you are naramon or zenurik and being immune to any damage meanwhile. They are good to wait out deadly poison or slash procs. And if you have Magus Elevate, they can heal your frame very efficiently. And you can use the kid to stealth into nullies bubble and take them out without much effort even at lv100...and so on and on

I wish more people use the operator just to revive at the absolute very least. Thank god I main Unairu and i can cloak the people who run in to revive someone while being surrounded by 30+ enemies who aren't cc in any sort of way, still shooting at them.

Built a few amps, with some waybounds, arcanes, and nearly close to maxing out Unairu ever since getting a few Eido lenses and all the shards, I really like using the operators. I know i need to make a amp with the t3 primary, it's the only one i don't have yet.

Edited by PR1D3

craft an amp from the ostrons and marvel at the damage :D
mote really is bad... if you cast the tier 1 rep at least it's a world of difference,
i hunt eidolons with t2/2/2 + volt, firing through shield adds quite a lot of crit chance so each shot does nice damage.

if you fire 222 against a 0 armor target it does 3500 damage or 9000 :D (Over 9000!) :P 

Edited by helioth137

57 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

@jjpdn i Main Vazarin since focus came out and with Focus 2.0 i started enjoying it even more tho i miss the radial healing and reviving. I constantly keep an eye on my team`s health and often dash through teammates healing them wile on the go, Vazarin`s Void Aegis is absurdly useful, completely protecting the team in Sorties against Kela and Ambula`s Bombardments. <3

I tried Aegis, but I dunno if its worth it. Seems to use a lot of energy.

transference is a very useful tool. My main use for it is its invulnerability when in void mode. I can revive teammates safely, walk past drone bombs, avoid orbital drops from kelya, etc. It can also help you cross the plains or large bodies of water rather fast too. As naramon, i can go in void mode and blast to disarm and confuse groups of enemies. 

i wasnt a fan of operators lore wise, but they are a cool mechanic. 

Il y a 1 heure, jjpdn a dit :

I've also thought transference was useless in terms of its actual applications. The schools are useful, like how Zenurik can regen your -snip-

Void Dashed from the bombarded no man's land of General Discussion to a safe spot in Fan Zone.

Edited by Yaerion

On 2/21/2018 at 1:19 PM, DarkFlameZealot said:

Hyena assassinate = EV trin....bloody joke of a mission, even for a weak frame like Loki or squish like Banshee even with energy reduction. 

Banshee is literally kill or be killed. Whoever strikes first.