The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

On 3/15/2018 at 8:50 PM, Chipputer said:

You're calling for them to change something that's basically just a thank you for playing their game because you, personally, consider it a joke. You don't find it useful. You don't like it. They should change it entirely because you only consider it Endo.

That's called not seeing the bigger picture and only thinking of your own tastes-- selfish.

Let’s say you get a job at a nice restaurant as a server and You get table after table giving you 30% tips (let’s say 12 that night and $20-30 each) . Now let’s say table 13 doesn’t give you a respectable tip, you worked your aaa off and server them food with a smile. But all you get is a lousy $1 , you’d be mad and you know it. That’s what the login system is basically especially if they start degrading after time.

would you want to get tips constantly that are $1 and won’t add up or be of value to you? No you’re goinf to get another job and with warframe when we lose reasons to play we play less

a lot of people play warframe to get prizes like arcanes from eidolons or prime parts, well now they just took away another reason to come back to warframe 

not selfish at all. One weapon locked behind a certain time frame is not being selfish

thats ONE weapon , given there’s 4 now it’s still 4 out of what do we have? 300? 500 weapon’s? 

59 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

He called the other guy selfish for having an opinion so I’ll call him a jerk because I share that same opinion and now I’m selfish by association

uncalled for ok

You'll be even more annoyed if you get a warning point or something due to going to his level though. 

1 hour ago, cookieknife said:

He called the other guy selfish for having an opinion so I’ll call him a jerk because I share that same opinion and now I’m selfish by association

uncalled for ok

:facepalm:

Chips has called me a lot worse and I consider them a friend, so calling them a jerk for indirectly calling you selfish is just...

You must spend a lot of time being angry.

Edited by MagPrime

5 hours ago, cookieknife said:

uncalled for ok

This is the Warframe forums.

It is a sin to have an opinion that doesn't cater casuals.

It is a sin to want decent rewards.

It is a sin to give people like myself who have everything the game has offer a reason to login.

Just let it go. I understand your perspective and I respect you for going against the tide.

On a side note, I didn't expect this thread to turn into a "let's bash the guy who is active on forums because I don't like him". Read Devstream 107 youtube comments and you know what I mean.

I just wanted to put out my opinion that the 850 login reward doesn't give me much motivation to even login if all I get is something I turn into endo or sell to someone else.

I agree that this thread devolved into a bashing one and I honestly don't know why I even expected things to be civil. Oh well.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

If your motivation to login stems solely from the desire to get X from a Login reward system then its prob time to have a break ~ its a "50" reward so its a small thing on the way to the next big thing at "100" and its nice to see a change from yet another Potato, Sigil and Booster pack.

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This is the Warframe forums.

It is a sin to have an opinion that doesn't cater casuals.

It is a sin to want decent rewards.

It is a sin to give people like myself who have everything the game has offer a reason to login.

Just let it go. I understand your perspective and I respect you for going against the tide.

On a side note, I didn't expect this thread to turn into a "let's bash the guy who is active on forums because I don't like him". Read Devstream 107 youtube comments and you know what I mean.

I just wanted to put out my opinion that the 850 login reward doesn't give me much motivation to even login if all I get is something I turn into endo or sell to someone else.

I agree that this thread devolved into a bashing one and I honestly don't know why I even expected things to be civil. Oh well.

What did you expect to happen when you started nothing more than a meta-complaint thread? You should've thought of potential solutions to the issue and why that solution would work instead of just complaining. This thread really offers nothing in terms of feedback. The forums are not a place for venting, they are a place for feedback.  

What DE should do is allow those 3 rivens they give you to also increase your riven space permanently by 3 so even if you are at the current in game max of 90 your new max becomes 93.

I will say that in any event three rivens is better than the cosmetics that they give. The 50 day cosmetics (glyphs and sigils) don't really mean anything to anyone that doesn't have it tbh. If I see a glyph or sigil that someone is wearing I personally don't immediately jumpon wiki find out what it means or to find out where to get it. So outside of sticking it on a few frames or the operator its usuage is very limited. 3 rivens however can be used (if you get good ones) on a daily basis and can directly affect your gameplay for the better, you can sell them for plat or you can turn them into endo. So actually the triple riven is one of the better rewards.

6 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

To be fair it was a rather ridiculous thread and 'complaint' in the first place.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

What did you expect to happen when you started nothing more than a meta-complaint thread? You should've thought of potential solutions to the issue and why that solution would work instead of just complaining. This thread really offers nothing in terms of feedback. The forums are not a place for venting, they are a place for feedback.  

There is no solution to anything in this game unless it appeases the masses by handing them items. My "solution" for the login system is to leave it alone and continue to add stuff as it gives you incentive to continue to login. Of course this isn't fair to people starting their account today or those people who login once every 2 weeks. 

The feedback section is for feedback. You can't tell me how to use an internet forum. The subforums are designed for just that. General Discussion is for just that. I created a discussion about login rewards. How people derailed this into personal trial stats and other nonsense has nothing to do with my post.

Do you even know what a meta-complaint is? A meta complaint would be complaining about complainers or complaining about the community. All I have done here is given my opinion on a login milestone and this absolutely divine community made the thread full of bashing. I don't mind people disagree with me, and many do because everyone wants to be handed stuff. It happens to any long term system in the game until DE hands everything out.

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

There is no solution to anything in this game unless it appeases the masses by handing them items. My "solution" for the login system is to leave it alone and continue to add stuff as it gives you incentive to continue to login. Of course this isn't fair to people starting their account today or those people who login once every 2 weeks. 

The feedback section is for feedback. You can't tell me how to use an internet forum. The subforums are designed for just that. General Discussion is for just that. I created a discussion about login rewards. How people derailed this into personal trial stats and other nonsense has nothing to do with my post.

Do you even know what a meta-complaint is? A meta complaint would be complaining about complainers or complaining about the community. All I have done here is given my opinion on a login milestone and this absolutely divine community made the thread full of bashing. I don't mind people disagree with me, and many do because everyone wants to be handed stuff. It happens to any long term system in the game until DE hands everything out.

DE has literally said themselves that their forums are not for complaining or venting. It is their forums and they can tell you how to use it. General discussion is for actual discussion, not random complaining because you don't like something. You have spurred no discussion, no feedback, nothing. This thread is pointless. 

I suspect that people who logged in 850 days in a row are not newbies anymore. And I can't call 850 days rewards other than noobish. I don't say that it needs to be something special, no, game did have pretty bad rewards each x50 day, but together with boosters/reators/adapters there always was a sigil. The unique item. I didn't read the entire topic but I think lot of people would agree that absence of this small but unique item is a big dissapointment.

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny some even complain about something that dumb. I'd personally say get over it. I'd be happy with those Rivens even though they could give me something better. But maybe I don't really care because I'm just a player who started late and that actually has a life and sometimes can't go on. I'll never catch up to day 850. I will always be behind those who are all caught up. Whether I'm committed or not I will always be behind for not knowing about the game in time from day one of the login system. I'm not gonna complain about 3 Rivens for the 850 login because I know that DE does work hard. Now i'm not saying they don't have any problems but stop slamming them for such a stupid thing. They are the best game developers I've ever joined a game with. I just hope they solve this whole login system.So it just takes commitment and not happening to run into the game on day 1 of the login system and logging in everyday to stay caught up.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:35 PM, Carbonitepon8 said:

but what will happen if you're 90/90 for rivens? not that it matters for myself, I wont be there for quite some time still on my way to my sigma and octantis

I imagine theyre wasted.. I doubt many ppl have actually bought 75 Riven slots. That's 1500 plat, at least on console that's a ton of money for Rivens.  

On 3/20/2018 at 4:08 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

-snip-

So then, what would be a better reward than three Rivens?  I would bring up the fact it's three free slots as well, but the people who really care about Rivens more than likely have already hit the cap.

Not to sound snarky, I agree with you, as honestly most of the Login Rewards are pretty pointless for veterans. Forma or Catalysts are really the only thing I feel are nice, yet I'm also not a veteran who ever stocked up on the former. The hundred day rewards are better, as at least we get a new shiny cosmetic or weapon. If you don't like those at all, well hey, a free slot isn't ever not appreciated.

Yet at the same time, I can't think of anything better than another weapon or cosmetic. Endo, Credits and Resources are fairly useless, especially because the amounts we get are so abysmal. I understand the reason behind making them so small, but it does feel like a waste when you get a reward that isn't at least weighted towards something you have less of. I can't tell you how many daily rewards have given me an Orokin Cell over something like Gallium. 

Mods are nice, but they are incredibly niche thus far. Well, at least for me.

Adding something like a Warframe or Companion is obviously a no-go. Slots themselves would be pointless when we already get a free one with new weapons. Relics would be even more pointless with how easy Syndicate Rep is to get.  

Hmm, well, I don't think having three Rivens with their own slots is terrible, but it definitely isn't enough. Maybe giving us enough Kuva for a max roll on all of them would be good too. Probably too good, but hey, it's something.

... How about some Radiant Eidolons Shards? Maybe Sentirum or Nyth? How about a free Arcane? I can't think of anyone who doesn't want some of those, for one reason or another. 

We're vets, we've been playing for over two years with the new login system. Three Sorties Rewards is just a ... weird decision in my eyes.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

So today I logged in, got the riven cashe as the reward for 850 days and was immediately told I had to get rid of three of my rivens or I couldn't run sorties till I did.  Considering sorties is the only thing I still do every single day in game with my friend it's kinda important that I get that cleared up.  So I unlock them, they're moderately good and I have to delete a few of my rivens and we run the sortie.

Then I find out that if I hadn't maxed out my riven capacity I would have gotten slots for those riven mods.  And I got nothing else as compensation for the mistake of doing so.  So my reward for 850 days is I got to choose three of my riven mods to delete or be locked out of the only activity I still actively play.

I could have been given an option for something else like a potato or maybe just hand out a riven transmuter so I could just use them up in a way that gave me something other then disappointment.

I don't feel robbed by this, it's charity on DEs behalf to be handing out this stuff to begin with, but it does feel like I got given something nice at the front door of an arcade and then forced to smash it or something else I owned in order to be allowed to play the games in it.  :)

On 20/03/2018 at 11:08 PM, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

DE has literally said themselves that their forums are not for complaining or venting. It is their forums and they can tell you how to use it. General discussion is for actual discussion, not random complaining because you don't like something. You have spurred no discussion, no feedback, nothing. This thread is pointless. 

yea buddy this thread isn't pointless

this thread is here to show DE that we're not happy to log in 850 days, just to get something that can be gotten easily through sorties or trade chat. Its not incentive to log in, its not a reward, at least when compared to the previous rewards, and hopefully the next milestone will be better.

This is a discussion, or is 8 pages of comments from different viewpoints not that for you?

Personally, this is a spit in the face of those who dedicated their time to log in daily, which isn't easy, especially with IRL stuff coming in.

2 hours ago, Punchyfist said:

So today I logged in, got the riven cashe as the reward for 850 days and was immediately told I had to get rid of three of my rivens or I couldn't run sorties till I did.  Considering sorties is the only thing I still do every single day in game with my friend it's kinda important that I get that cleared up.  So I unlock them, they're moderately good and I have to delete a few of my rivens and we run the sortie.

Then I find out that if I hadn't maxed out my riven capacity I would have gotten slots for those riven mods.  And I got nothing else as compensation for the mistake of doing so.  So my reward for 850 days is I got to choose three of my riven mods to delete or be locked out of the only activity I still actively play.

I could have been given an option for something else like a potato or maybe just hand out a riven transmuter so I could just use them up in a way that gave me something other then disappointment.

I don't feel robbed by this, it's charity on DEs behalf to be handing out this stuff to begin with, but it does feel like I got given something nice at the front door of an arcade and then forced to smash it or something else I owned in order to be allowed to play the games in it.  :)

I'm sitting here speechless and slightly confused. We're going to need some clarification on whether or not you would have received three free riven slots with the 850 day log-in, because if they don't come with free slots, then we'd basically have to PAY for the 850 day log-in reward.

I'm dying right now because the next thread is titled "What is DE's April Fool's joke this year"

4 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I'm sitting here speechless and slightly confused. We're going to need some clarification on whether or not you would have received three free riven slots with the 850 day log-in, because if they don't come with free slots, then we'd basically have to PAY for the 850 day log-in reward.

I'm sitting here at 93 of 90 and have to start weeding out Rivens before sorties reset. Not saying I didn't appreciate the Rivens, but the way they were given out is still a bit awkward.