Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.0 + 22.17.0.1

[DE]Megan

Endless Kuva rewards don't scale so there's just no point going beyond 5 minutes. I would just do 5 minutes, get as many towers as I can do in that time, then reset. Please, when you call something 'endless' give a meaning to that word. There is literally no reason to go higher. The way to fix this is, simply put, to make the Kuva rewards scale somehow. For example put it at Average Enemy Level (at that time) x 5 so that it starts at 32 x 5 = 160.

The enemy level cap will top off at level 100 enemies, that way the highest amount you can get is 500 Kuva. That makes it lower than the current 200 at the start, but higher at the end, making it FAR more worth doing for more than 20 minutes.  The numbers I gave might not be the best but you get the idea.

The first few minutes (5 - 20) will not be quite as useful as doing a regular Kuva Siphon as the Siphon would be faster AND award more Kuva. However as it scales onward to higher levels, it eventually becomes better than a Kuva Flood by awarding the players with a LOT more Kuva, as well as being at a tougher level as a counterbalance. 

I am aware that you worry about players sitting and camping and using the same methods for everything all the time, but if I'm being honest, I don't see any problem with that. It may be boring, but it's the most efficient way to do that mission the way they want to do it. You must remember, some players have experimented multiple times and put time into choosing which squad is the best for which mission. It's the same for literally everything in the game - for farming Eidolons, there's always Trinity, Chroma, Harrow and Volt. For Index there's always Rhino, Nova, Trinity and usually a Mesa. 

I dunno if this will get buried under the mountain of feedback but so far this update has been pretty great all around. The Inaros skin looks wonderfully slick while not being too over the top (one of the best deluxe skins I've seen) and the few games I've had of Kuva Survival have been enjoyable while feeling fairly rewarding. 7600 Kuva (with a resource booster) on a 30 minute survival mission is an excellent deal for players like me who don't particularly enjoy kuva siphon mechanics but want to toy around with rolling rivens. I also think that having to balance between maximizing the extractors used for kuva farming and saving some for life support is an interesting decision that doesn't really have an equivalent anywhere else in the game, and gives the interesting side effect of making Desecrate Nekros possibly the most useful frame for the entire game mode. I also like having an excuse to play on Kuva Fortress again with all of its crazy architecture and deathtraps. 

Overall, two thumbs up.

man i dont know why DE have to make this very difficult ...do you guys even play WF like we do ?? do you know how it feels to have 12 or 15 riven mods and all need kuva to cycle ??? 

with boosters (that i paid plat for) and 40 minutes survival and all i got i 8k kuva !!!!! do you know how much effort/struggle to stay that long in a survival mission and in the end all i got is 2 cycle kuva ...realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i paid plat and spent much time for only 2 cycles worth kuva ....that was the worst idea ever 

here is a solution 

1: i dont know how but find an efficient  way to help us get kuva survival mission, quest, bounty ..etc i dont know just find a way 

2: or simply decrease the cycle cost for riven mod 

Still no fix for

• ack & brunt/sigma & octantis with sword and shield danaus skin's melee weapon doesn't shrink when holstered as it's supposed to. (it's been here for a very long time).

qoCn41J.png

IU0et7i.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged with pandero, arca sisco, and stubba.

DTbqvk7.jpg

hdxTiNz.jpg

rTudeM3.jpg

• dex furis's left pistol clip doesn't drop when reloading.

hSw8tLK.jpg

il y a 12 minutes, Atekron a dit :

do you realize that "endless" is indication of mission type, not an amount of kuva that you get?

That's why he said it's not worthy of being called like that. Endless missions should have the purpose to actually be endless, and needing you to stay as long as possible.

At the moment, it's not the case at all.

After trying the kuva survival i found the rewards quite lacking so i crunched some numbers and came to the fact you only get about 133 kuva per min, whilst i am happy to see the life support changes so the beacons are every 90 seconds now it fails to address the fact that the rewards are below the rewards of floods for time.
Having a scaling element in the rewards would help a lot and would be a nice change to survival as a whole.

Kuva per min caculation
200 kuva per life support tower
1 tower per 90 seconds
200 / 90 = 2.2(r)
2.2(r) * 60 = 133.3(r)
conclusions 133 kuva per min is the absolute max you can get and falls below the avage KpM of syphans/flood

Type           Mission              Kuva       Time        KpM
Flood          Exstermnate      1,296      3:37       358.34
Syphon      Cap                      599       3:59       150.37
Syphon       Assassion           600        3:31       170.61

Safe to say if Kuva survival is entended to be between Floods and Syphons it should give 250 kuva per minute so each one Tower should give approximately 375 kuva each.

20 minutes ago, RecklessCarnage said:

nothing to level here. Only skins... again

You really asking for mastery fodder? no ty. I prefer them to focus on fixes.

To the people complaining about kuva not scaling: cryotic doesn't scale either yet people do moderately long runs. I can see this as a kuva variant of cryotic excavations. Definitely not meant to replace kuva siphon farming as a main source of kuva, rather something you do while floods show up or until the fortress leaves Eris alone.

Making it scale will only make kuva traders hoard even more "godly" rivens as they will be able to reach much further than the average player, who wouldn't benefit that much from it.

il y a 10 minutes, ArchPhaeton a dit :

You really asking for mastery fodder? no ty. I prefer them to focus on fixes.

To the people complaining about kuva not scaling: cryotic doesn't scale either yet people do moderately long runs. I can see this as a kuva variant of cryotic excavations. Definitely not meant to replace kuva siphon farming as a main source of kuva, rather something you do while floods show up or until the fortress leaves Eris alone.

Making it scale will only make kuva traders hoard even more "godly" rivens as they will be able to reach much further than the average player, who wouldn't benefit that much from it.

The difference is cryotics isn't a resources you need a S#&$ ton of, once you've crafted everything that needs cryotics, it's not so much of a needed resource, appart from a few blueprints like fomorian discruptor and such. Needless to say it has nothing to do with the amount of kuva we need.

Kuva will always be needed, new rivens will always be here, you'll always want to upgrade them, so you can't compare the two.

1 hour ago, Zack said:

That's why he said it's not worthy of being called like that. Endless missions should have the purpose to actually be endless, and needing you to stay as long as possible.

At the moment, it's not the case at all.

well, thay endless because you, technically, can do them endlessly, and your purpose and motivation maybe be a reason why you choose not to

I'm gonna repeat the echo chamber, but it is necessary.

Kuva survivals needs scaling (or improved ones so people feel it's worth it to go to an hour or longer surpassing Kuva Siphons and close to Kuva Flood levels). It only gets harder and harder and longer and longer to fill out siphons, as time goes on it actually works at a downward scale where it would be WORSE than doing standard Kuva Siphon missions instead.

One noticable downside is that DE decided to be lazy and copy the non-scaling health system of excavators onto the Kuva Towers/whatever.

mmm in a mission of kuva lvl 80-100 with booster + smeeta in 5-8 minutes waiting for the buffer of the smeeta to activate, I get 6k of kuva or more .. that 25 minute survival with a booster gives me almost the same, it does not make sense like that

Archived