Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Ramses Skin feedback

IEpicWolfI

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The art team is working away on improving things for Inaros Ramses based on texture feedback - expect this to hit your PCs Monday!

image.png

Ohh wow nice,that looks much bettrer...tnx for that :)

@[DE]Rebecca rechecking the pciture, I see that the Tint 3 lines look somewhat rough and have some tint mixing on the edges (you can see a magentaish outline), which is accentuated with the material change. Since the Art team is working on the skin currently I was wondering if that could be looked at, as it makes the skin look rather lower quality than it should.

Warframe0393.jpg

Warframe0394.jpg

Warframe0395.jpg

Warframe0396.jpg

It'd be appreciated.

At all this, I must say some of the latest releases present similar issues. I'm wondering if there's some settings you guys are lately using that's causing this when saving the maps or something.

Edited by NightmareT12

Please, just as important is fixing the "signature" scarab syandana to fit the material of the armour. Right now it looks like it has nothing to do with eachother. The colours and textures look like they belong in different galaxies. Just copying armor colours makes it really obvious.

Also... that sword. I cannot use it with the blade mirrored wrong, let alone the blade being a wrong texture too. Fix that and I'll try and forget it being a really odd choice of weapon for a frame that benefits highly from finishers (i.e. daggers / hammers). Sometimes I really wonder why certain decisions get taken.

The mesh of the armor is great tho, but seriously, fix the sword blade reversal (if possible) and at least the Syandana to match the armour at the same time.

Sincerely, thank you for listening to our feedback. And if it doesn't get fixed... it's just lost plat.

Edited by Koalachan

The biggest issue I have is that in the Arsenal, no matter what I do he pretty much just looks like an Egyptian-themed terminator. But the moment I exit the arsenal, the color actually appears. It's not as rich or saturated as I expect, but he's no longer chrome-steel colored, but actually has a paint job. 

It's dull because Inaros is supposed to be visually related to Mummies, you know, old, damaged, dessicating... If he was all shiney and new just because he was metal, he wouldn't look like Inaros.

That said, I don't see why it's so hard to simply tweak your Attachment colours to make them match, rather than just hitting 'copy warframe colours' and calling it a day.

3 hours ago, Bengosha said:

My only complaint is the sword skin. A kopesh is meant to be held with the arch of the blade towards the target. As it stands, its just the opposite.

It's not getting fixed.

12 minutes ago, Koalachan said:

Also... that sword. I cannot use it with the blade mirrored wrong, let alone the blade being a wrong texture too. Fix that and I'll try and forget it being a really odd choice of weapon for a frame that benefits highly from finishers (i.e. daggers / hammers). Sometimes I really wonder why certain decisions get taken.

See below.

This was discussed with the artists but true to Warframe form, we interpret a lot and end up with things different from original references. This is intentional. I'd say realism isn't Warframe's strongsuit anyway - references usually have a Warframe twist.

This was Reb's response to this tweet:

While you guys are at it, can we have the Khopesh skin changed so the curved blade faces outwards, like its actual historical use? The current skin is essentially just hitting enemies with the back of the blade

No offense intended but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Reb's response. As she's the messenger relating what other's have said, the answer the artists gave is a bit of a cop-out. There's reinterpreting an existing design, which is fine with me, and then their's screwing up and then trying to cover up said mistake with the classic "artist's vision" and "the artist is always right" excuse.

So you guys took the time to do Nikanas right, including how you hold them when equipped (blade facing up). I remember the backlash when the blade faced down with people screaming disrespect towards a classical weapon...but you won't do justice to a Kopesh - a weapon dating back to 2500 BC, used in New Kingdom Egypt, and often depicted with Pharaohs, with some Pharaohs even being entombed with them.

The Kopesh was a weapon considered fit for a king *sigh*

Whatever, I'm used to DE doing things their way...

On Inaros' skin...it's looking a bit better, but IMO the helm is still way too shiny and there's too much shiny metal for my taste.

This coupled with the Kopesh not being fixed to face the right direction are deal breakers for me. I'm sure other people won't care - I'm not speaking for them and I don't claim to - but this is just my opinion and nothing more.

Since we are at it, can you guys also tweak Volt and Octavia? Volt cant still be saved but Octavia is straight up ugly with all that metalic.

And for the love of god, can you guys get rid of this horrendous texture? No light color works with it, i was rly hoping to use white.uktUfEF.png

Edited by Caramello

17 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

It's not getting fixed.

See below.

This was Reb's response to this tweet:

No offense intended but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Reb's response. As she's the messenger relating what other's have said, the answer the artists gave is a bit of a cop-out. There's reinterpreting an existing design, which is fine with me, and then their's screwing up and then trying to cover up said mistake with the classic "artist's vision" and "the artist is always right" excuse.

So you guys took the time to do Nikanas right, including how you hold them when equipped (blade facing up). I remember the backlash when the blade faced down with people screaming disrespect towards a classical weapon...but you won't do justice to a Kopesh - a weapon dating back to 2500 BC, used in New Kingdom Egypt, and often depicted with Pharaohs, with some Pharaohs even being entombed with them.

The Kopesh was a weapon considered fit for a king *sigh*

Whatever, I'm used to DE doing things their way...

On Inaros' skin...it's looking a bit better, but IMO the helm is still way too shiny and there's too much shiny metal for my taste.

This coupled with the Kopesh not being fixed to face the right direction are deal breakers for me. I'm sure other people won't care - I'm not speaking for them and I don't claim to - but this is just my opinion and nothing more.

I feel like if they are going to deliberately make something WRONG (covering up a mistake or not) then the least they could do is call it something different.

Nikana =\= Katana, even if the similarities are obvious.

Would it be that hard to come up with a name other than "Khopesh?" The visual similarities would still be interpreted as a shout-out.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The visual similarities would still be interpreted as a shout-out.

My point though is if you going to pay tribute to a classical weapon from antiquity, you should do the homework and figure out how it was used. A simple search of Kopesh on the web indicates that the blade edge faced away from the user, on the top of the arc - not underneath it. I'll happily accept DE's other embellishments on the traditional design because the do look nice...but not that bit.

If you're honestly trying to respect the original source but screwed up, just fix it...don't double down and say "well it's OUR interpretation, so there. Deal with it." and call it a day, because that kind of makes you look like a self-righteous jerk who can't be arsed to do things properly.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Nikana =\= Katana, even if the similarities are obvious.

Agreed. But when they originally showcased the Nikana and it was depicted with the blade edge facing down, a few players complained that this was completely incorrect usage of the weapon type and disrespectful to the original Katana and DE actually apologized and fixed it. I remember this very well.

Now it's ok for the devs to blow off an oversight with a Kopesh, compared to when a couple of folks say something's wrong with a Katana wanna-be and that got fixed within a day or two with profuse apologies attached. Hypocritical much?

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

My point though is if you going to pay tribute to a classical weapon from antiquity, you should do the homework and figure out how it was used. A simple search of Kopesh on the web indicates that the blade edge faced away from the user, on the top of the arc - not underneath it. I'll happily accept DE's other embellishments on the traditional design because the do look nice...but not that bit.

If you're honestly trying to respect the original source but screwed up, just fix it...don't double down and say "well it's OUR interpretation, so there. Deal with it." and call it a day, because that kind of makes you look like a self-righteous jerk who can't be arsed to do things properly.

Agreed. But when they originally showcased the Nikana and it was depicted with the blade edge facing down, a few players complained that this was completely incorrect usage of the weapon type and disrespectful to the original Katana and DE actually apologized and fixed it. I remember this very well.

Now it's ok for the devs to blow off an oversight with a Kopesh, compared to when a couple of folks say something's wrong with a Katana wanna-be and that got fixed within a day or two with profuse apologies attached. Hypocritical much?

It's a bit harder. To do this correctly they'd need to cut the mesh/textures and reglue the blade while keeping the handle the way it is. If the weapon simply gets rotated, I think it would clip badly through the wirsts. The Nikana case thankfuly could be easily be fixed because the weapon wasn't half as intrusive.

Although honestly, this all could have been averted if they had shown it before. I guess I'll have to wait till Gazal Prime appears as hopefully a correct Khopesh sword.

Can we get the same treatment for Rhino Palatine just like how proto series got and for Frost Harka too? cuz I think metallics that you guys have started using lately so much on new palettes are so hard to customize cuz we own many palettes but whether you choose aqua blue baby blue or torquoise they will all look the same on metallics I like latex like smooth textures such as you guys used on ember vermillion skin there were some metallics which really annoyed me but there were some matte texturing as well

4 minutes ago, Shidonia said:

Can we get the same treatment for Rhino Palatine just like how proto series got and for Frost Harka too? cuz I think metallics that you guys have started using lately so much on new palettes are so hard to customize cuz we own many palettes but whether you choose aqua blue baby blue or torquoise they will all look the same on metallics I like latex like smooth textures such as you guys used on ember vermillion skin there were some metallics which really annoyed me but there were some matte texturing as well

No. Rhino Palatine is fine, it's unfair to keep changing this stuff post release.

As for Harka Frost, you mean the helmet? Because this is how it used to look before they changed it the day afterwards:

Warframe1547.jpg

It was SO much better, and 1:1 of the concept. But they decided to keep it the way it is now :(

Warframe1555.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

I'm talking about the metallics on his chest the spectrum is too narrow also I don't like his skirt because the color spectrum of that one is much more narrower than metallics even tho. Rhino Palatine was supposed to be getting some sort of PBR because when nyx nemesis and excalibur proto armor got a retouch DE said that they will eventually apply PBR all of the skins cuz as you may realize new trend that DE is doing has started with this new adding 2 different metallics i.e mirage p ember deluxe volt deluxe inaros mag deluxe and nova deluxe etc

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

No. Rhino Palatine is fine, it's unfair to keep changing this stuff post release.

As for Harka Frost, you mean the helmet? Because this is how it used to look before they changed it the day afterwards:

Warframe1547.jpg

It was SO much better, and 1:1 of the concept. But they decided to keep it the way it is now :(

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The art team is working away on improving things for Inaros Ramses based on texture feedback - expect this to hit your PCs Monday!

image.png

Could you please look at other previous deluxes too? They're rather shiny and need some revamps. Such as I quoted below, the Frost Harka's helmet was changed to be MORE shiny and it's a step away from his original concept. Steve said he'd look into reverting it or something, I believe, but it's always been the same and he's already too shiny all over his body.

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, unlike Harka Frost looks like this one will feel good.

5 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Could you please look at other previous deluxes too? They're rather shiny and need some revamps. Such as I quoted below, the Frost Harka's helmet was changed to be MORE shiny and it's a step away from his original concept. Steve said he'd look into reverting it or something, I believe, but it's always been the same and he's already too shiny all over his body.

Steve said they wouldn't be changing it, which is why I orginally opened the topic (which BTW, lost my original message with the merge ¬¬), so as to avoid another change of material that detracts off the concept.

You know me Naith, this stuff kills me and I'm a quality junkie :(

To be fair though, I hate when they release stuff and they change it so soon, although I can understand why in this case. But at least they must take a look at the compression and the Tint 3 stripes because damn it looks rough and unpolished right now. I mean, otherwise it's just me drilling more again. It's not fair, there's so many issues open that don't seem to ever be fixed because I'm the only one that cares TT_TT

Edited by NightmareT12

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

It's dull because Inaros is supposed to be visually related to Mummies, you know, old, damaged, dessicating... If he was all shiney and new just because he was metal, he wouldn't look like Inaros.

That said, I don't see why it's so hard to simply tweak your Attachment colours to make them match, rather than just hitting 'copy warframe colours' and calling it a day.

mask-of-king-tut.jpg

doesnt look dull to me

whether it was intentional or not, im steering clear of the skin/bundle unless they update the metalic textures

(also some of the details in the skin are really low resolution)

Edited by TKDancer

41 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Fine, except for the metallic channel on the chest not matching the same channel on the helmet. It's fine with dark colors but if you tend to go for a gold look with metallics then the top of the helmet and such is a yellow that tends to look horrible and really stands out. Just my own personal issues with getting my color scheme to work on it mind you. I just hope for a bit more consistency across color channels so that everything fits together.

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Oh, I agree, and I am certainly happy that they got the Nikana detail right.

I am simply saying that it's fine to have deviations - even the reversed blade on the Khopesh could be explained as a more shotel-esque design (for going around shields, armor plates, etc.) in the futuristic rendition. They would be better off calling it something other than Khopesh skin in that case. Otherwise it does indeed smack of "oops; can't be bothered to fix it."

For example, the "incorrect" Nikana holster could be explained by stating that the design was closer to that of a tachi than a katana. I would be okay with that because it is called a Nikana, not a katana.

It's splitting hairs, but it's at least a higher-effort excuse.