Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

User Interface 3.0 (Mega-ish-thread?)

Cyborg-Rox

On 3/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, God_of_Salt said:

the stuff a guy posted in response to the login screen was kinda nice aswell

here:
DZdyCq1WAAAw-sw.jpg:large

Okay, have to admit that I'm not down with this change in particular. I really like going into navigation and having the solar system actually displayed. This feels like a step back into closed beta.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:47 AM, Soulexploder999 said:

And the Devs might be also thinking that the current UI looks bland. If they were satisfied they wouldn't be thinking to do these changes. But it's still your opinion

Theyre changing it bc of consoles. They want a unified cursor UI so it's less work on them to port. 

On the subject of the thread/UI, I'm not looking forward to it, but I hope it works out. Cursor UIs on console typically suck. Destiny, NMS, and others all take longer and arent as accurate over just using the dpad. The UI itself looks kinda retro and not really 2018, but it reminds me of the old days of WF so I still like it.

Will just have to wait until I try it to judge.

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

This is my only concern here; trying to make a UI that fits console and PC together typically ends in a UI that favours the console which, for me, makes for a rather unpleasant UI experience; and also limits design choices when it comes to the UI. 

That said, what I have seen so far looks great - so will have to wait and see if the DE team can pull it off (I have hopes they can).

I'm not sure...

The current UI is very good.  I say that as both a user and a graphic designer.  It's clean and efficient.

I share the concern that a redesign will end up making Warframe feel like a console-to-PC port.

On 29/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

DZVt2N9XUAcsSvh.jpg:large

I personally like all the UI proposed so far except this one. The warframe background image is too distracting and bright right under the mod slots, also this UI doesn't show the arcane slots, where would they go? screen already looks overloaded with stuff.

I like the login screen UI: it's simple, clean and carries this eerie and mysterious feeling that warframe universe has. UI for modding screen... not so much.

And please, leave the starmap as it is now (or change it only slightly). It's the one thing that I really like in Warframe, it makes going on missions feel seamless. I don't think it can be accomplished with a static menu.

I think that the current one what we have is nice and no need to change now. The design ideas not bad but I prefer to use the current one. An option always handy when you can keep the old ui aswell.

1 hour ago, Oliwka said:

I think that the current one what we have is nice and no need to change now. The design ideas not bad but I prefer to use the current one. An option always handy when you can keep the old ui aswell.

The details are still being worked out, but the UI will change. It won't be the same as it is now.

26 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

The details are still being worked out, but the UI will change. It won't be the same as it is now.

Then not really matter. Hoped in that we can keep the old "current" ui. 

3 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

At least DE has a vision. So long as it at least retains the same level of functionality, I look forward to an updated game UI. 

Anything to improve the awful Windows 8-style we have now. I never liked the Windows 8 UI, and Warframe is no exception.

Something that is not brought up enough anymore. Real info that means something for relics in the UI.

EhqH8S9.png

Its great and all DE is being more transparent deep down in a obscure web page for others to sift though. But could DE bring it into the game? Doubt it, but one could hope.

Oh, and owned tags for them too.

Edited by Firetempest

Any chance that we will get a full controller support with button prompts for the PC version with this upcoming UI, so those of us who use a gamepad dont have to run the game through the mess that is Steam Big Picture Mode? God please!

I just have an issue with the arsenal UI. It looks like too much crammed next to eachother.

I'd have a bit less issue if the mods were to the right and the stats to the left, but that's just because I've gotten used to it being that way.

*Squeals & Moans*

That mod screen is.....AMAZING!!!!

uuuunnnnnnngghhhh! I want it NOW!!

It all looks so cool, so flashy, so clean & crisp. I love UI like that.
A vocal minority disliked FF13 but the crazy UI in that game was flashy as hell, clean as hell, & just so damn awesome.

The themes are cool too.

I just hope we can pick the Frame (or perhaps even our Operator) to appear on the login screen.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, KokoroWish said:

Crisp Text 2.0

While I appreciate the work you're doing on the game's UI visuals, it's been almost six months since the game's last major content update. People are starting to feel dry.

True, but they have been doing everything the community has been requesting repeatedly for awhile.

They're doing Weapon repasses/balances, fixing bugs, tweeking & fixing various gameplay issues (Grineer Commander Teleports & etc), polishing some aspects of the game.

It's pick your poison situation (till their Studio has bigger numbers...unlikely though...)

i hope they don't change things to much and force us to re learn everything again, seems good so far but that color scheme is not my jam, needs to be dark grey and black with some white stuff for the perfect look imo.

also i hope they remove that horrible white screen that shows up in start of missions sometimes, i always play at night with minimum lighting in the room and that stuff kills my eyes and it also looks cheaply made.

and they should add specific hud elements scaling, i play with hud at 150% zoom but i don't need every mod i gather to be shown at that zoom level at all, for the best look i need to re-size that one thing and keep everything else at 150% like i do now.

Pretty indifferent about the visual overhaul, I trust DE to make it look swell, and neither do I have problems adapting to a new layout. As long as it comes with functionality improvements like vertical scrolling and immediate keyboard focus on search boxes when entering new menus, I'm looking forward to it.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:29 PM, _junguler said:

but that color scheme is not my jam, needs to be dark grey and black with some white stuff for the perfect look imo.

I'd suggest watching the very first video. Multiple colour schemes are shown.