Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artax Rivens... Why? (DE Can We Have Them Back?)

Lawmonark

I returned to Warframe about a month ago... after a long break.

Right before i left, the Taxon and Artax were added and i remember rivens for them. Some time after the ability to acquire these rivens were removed... but not the rivens in circulation.

So currently people are trying to sell these rivens for 5.000+ Platinum. This is un-healthy. We do not need another mod to be like "Primed Chamber".

Can we please get this riven back in?

What was the reason to even remove it? If it was because it is a "starter item", then why do we have Rivens for any of the starting weapons?

20 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

22 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

What was the reason to even remove it?

If they ever made a Taxon Prime, maybe. But the regular Artax's stats are just too low to even be benefited by Rivens.

22 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

then why do we have Rivens for any of the starting weapons?

What 'starting weapons' ? If you mean the Braton, Bo, etc, they have prime variants that can actually make good use of the rivens. 

19 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

So currently people are trying to sell these rivens for 5.000+ Platinum. This is un-healthy. We do not need another mod to be like "Primed Chamber".

Who cares if people sell it for thousands of plat if it's a useless mod that no one will buy? Primed Chamber is just as trivial, it's only viable on one sniper, being the Vectis/Prime. 

If i recall correctly the reason of its removal is the fact that no stats could really help the weapon that much and people were complaining of getting rivens for sentinel weapons at the time.

Honestly not being able to get it is unfortunate ONLY if you're looking for one but what would you want for it ? I don't know, the stats are to low to make anything out of it.

42 minutes ago, Xylden said:

If i recall correctly the reason of its removal is the fact that no stats could really help the weapon that much and people were complaining of getting rivens for sentinel weapons at the time.

Honestly not being able to get it is unfortunate ONLY if you're looking for one but what would you want for it ? I don't know, the stats are to low to make anything out of it.

Just because the stats are low doesn't mean the gun is useless. The Artax is one of the few good Sentinel CC weapons with its guaranteed cold proc. The only thing people would find useful on the weapon is +status duration I think.

Doesn't justify the removal of Rivens for that specific weapon, imo.
To be honest, I don't even remember why they did when we have Rivens for every other Sentinel weapon in the game.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

20 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I returned to Warframe about a month ago... after a long break.

Right before i left, the Taxon and Artax were added and i remember rivens for them. Some time after the ability to acquire these rivens were removed... but not the rivens in circulation.

What was the reason to even remove it? If it was because it is a "starter item", then why do we have Rivens for any of the starting weapons?

That’s a fact. Not only should Artax Rivens be reinstated back into the game, but the Artax is the only status/sec weapon left in as well. This weapon needs to be rebalanced accordingly to the present Beam Weapon mechanic, and the Rivens should go back into circulation to supplement its utility.

I mean, for the longest time, Snipetron Rivens were out of circulation as well for some unknown or odd reason, and it was brought back in very recently.

Weapons like the Aklato or the Dual Skana have Rivens, but they cater toward lower level content and having a boost to their stats with a Riven barely elevates their statistical value to be worthwhile.

Quite honestly, there should be no reason in my mind why the Artax Riven should be singled out and remain removed from the Riven pool.

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Just because the stats are low doesn't mean the gun is useless. The Artax is one of the few good Sentinel CC weapons with its guaranteed cold proc. The only thing people would find useful on the weapon is -zoom or +status duration I think.

To be honest, I don't even remember why they did when we have Rivens for every other Sentinel weapon in the game.

-Zoom on Sentinel artillery severely decreases Sentinel enemy targeting for the equipped Riven. A Sentinel like the Djinn may have a huge range of enemy acquisition for their LoS, but if they have a decreased Zoom stat that means that they’ll notice the enemy but won’t take fire on them because their equipped weapon won’t allow fire due to the decreased detection range.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
addendum

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Just because the stats are low doesn't mean the gun is useless. The Artax is one of the few good Sentinel CC weapons with its guaranteed cold proc. The only thing people would find useful on the weapon is -zoom or +status duration I think.

Never said the weapon is useless, it's actually the only i used since its introduction in the game, and doesn't -zoom make the sentinel react less efficiently ?

All other weapons can do something with their riven giving almost any stats.

What we need that would make it useful if it's reintroduced is an update of all sentinel weapons.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

-Zoom on Sentinel artillery severely decreases Sentinel enemy targeting for the equipped Riven. A Sentinel like the Djinn may have a huge range of enemy acquisition for their LoS, but if they have a decreased Zoom stat that means that they’ll notice the enemy but won’t take fire on them because their equipped weapon won’t allow fire due to the decreased detection range.

Ah, so if you could roll +range on a Riven for the Artax, that would assist it greatly compared to -zoom or +zoom for that matter.

Pretty sure you can't roll range on Beam-type weapon Rivens however, which is also kinda odd.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

41 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

The only thing people would find useful on the weapon is +status duration I think.

+zoom, +statuschance and +fire rate. That's really all you want on an artax riven.

42 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Just because the stats are low doesn't mean the gun is useless.

Ikr? Meanwhile DMR still has rivens to get and is actually useless.

I wouldn't be opposed to returning artax rivens but all i know is that they turned into primed chamber nr. 2 which means people getting screwed over if the price drops down to double digits. If the intention was to remove "useless" rivens, they should have expanded it and remove so many more...

personally I'd be fine with removing ALL sentinel Rivens. and yes, I admit some of this comes from having had the truly brutal and disheartening moment of opening a Shotgun Riven, hoping for something Hek or Tigris related, only for it to be... a Sweeper Riven. why not just slap me IRL? it'd be quicker and a lot less painful than that.

to be fair, who even Forma's their Sentinel's weapon as much as their own? I've reached some real burnt-out points with nothing else to do and I have never thought "oh, I should make my Sweeper better!" I only Forma'd my Taxon to make a Sacrifice/Primed Regen build for Solo play. pretty much all sentinel guns do about as much damage as a spudgun no matter what you put on them. most people see a Stinger Riven and go "WTF is a Stinger? am I missing that weapon? where do i get it?", forgetting it's actually Djinn's weapon. if all the Sentinel Rivens were taken away, it'd be slightly less likely to be a trash Riven.

that was rather ranty.. but seriously, Artax is the only useful Sentinel Weapon IMO because it actually helps me! and I still don't want a Riven for it!

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Iirc the official reason for removal was that the rivens were making the artax too good and they didn't want a newb weapon to be that good. 

If I recall the "official" reason was actually that the Artax had such low stats that the Rivens didn't really do anything and where essentially a "dead riven" drop. Tho it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it ended up being that DE felt that the Rivens were surcharging the Artax beyond what they where comfortable with. Cause the turnaround between when they where added and when they where ripped out of the game was like one or two days which seems really quick for something that is touted to be pretty lackluster. 

But what do I know *adjusts tinfoil hat*

They didn't want a starter sentinel to be any use at all when it came to killing and maybe a riven mod made that possible to a certain (and pointless) degree, i mean rivens only become equipable at MR8, even if killing was possible, it would be at a very low level and so i found the decision pointless, i have no clue what were they trying to stop, because after a few missions you probably have the resources to build a new sentinel that can kill.

The sentinel however is pretty good at providing aim and extra CC, in fact i don't think there is any other weapon that can blast and slow down enemies at the same time.

Bringing rivens for it would be nice, but i fear that this is another primed chamber, players have traded for thousands of plat and now DE is afraid of bringing artax rivens back.

Taxon is a tenno created sentinel, so a prime version might come in the future, that might make the riven mod come back, don't know about those who are still trying to sell an artax riven, but the clock is ticking

There's no reason for this riven to come back, Artax doesn't do damage which is why DE removed it.  There's no promises of any Artax Prime or real need to revamp the current weapon.

Let the people who want to continue paying like 10k+ for an Artax riven do so, not like it's going to be gamebreaking with extra zoom or status duration

TBH Artax could do with a utility based riven in lieu of a damage one. Something like + status chance + fire rate + magazine capacity - damage.

It is still nice to proc status like viral if it could.