Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

too many people leave defense at 5 Waves

Daskrieg

At the rate im seeing groups break up on defense maps at wave 5, I don't think it would be a bad idea to impliment a wave selection option just before entry that lets you pick if your staying for 5, 10, 15 or more waves so that you get paired up with people who plan on staying as long as you are for the random groups. true it can be avoided by forming a group in the looming for group chat but for times when you do not want to be spending time looking for more people amongest the mass of others doing the same this would not be a bad idea.

There's nothing wrong with players leaving in the first 5 waves, and I don't think that DE needs to allocate resources to alleviate this "issue" when it's easy enough to get a group willing to go more than 5 waves if you just look around a bit.

Things come up sometimes, and for some players they only need to stay 5 waves to finish leveling or take a lucky wave 5 reward before they run the risk of disconnecting because of internet issues. That's personal experience for me.

When rewards don't scale, and if players don't deliberately say they're leaving at wave 20 or more, there is nothing wrong with them leaving right away if needed.
Implementing functions to assist players to find groups that will stay longer than 5 waves is unnecessary because those methods already exist.

9 minutes ago, Daskrieg said:

At the rate im seeing groups break up on defense maps at wave 5, I don't think it would be a bad idea to impliment a wave selection option just before entry that lets you pick if your staying for 5, 10, 15 or more waves so that you get paired up with people who plan on staying as long as you are for the random groups. true it can be avoided by forming a group in the looming for group chat but for times when you do not want to be spending time looking for more people amongest the mass of others doing the same this would not be a bad idea.

I'm down. 

I would love to be able to select my ideal waves or time and be paired with similar selections, it would honestly make me more interested in playing endless missions.

14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm down. 

I would love to be able to select my ideal waves or time and be paired with similar selections, it would honestly make me more interested in playing endless missions.

if your selecting when you want to leave(its now capped), its not an ENDLESS mission anymore, its a standard mission you selected to leave at a certian wave

Edited by xXHobbitXx

sounds like you're queueing for a couple Defense Missions in particular probably - do not play these Missions in Public if your goal is to get anything done at all. the Players queueing for these in Public don't know what they're doing and are just going to waste your time. go to Recruiting Chat or just play a different Mission Node that isn't as popular with people idling but getting nowhere and just spinning their wheels.

I've noticed a lot of people leave at wave 5, always found it odd. Usually I only leave at wave 5 if there is a Banshee being annoying or a bad Frost player...or those people that run off and kill things at the far end of the map, like WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? lol. But if people are decent players, I usually run at least 15 waves. Leaving at 10 I can see, if they just had short time to play. Normally I'm in defense missions just to level formad gear, and I can solo to wave 30+ where I go, but it's nice to have a group so I don't have to use my formad gun, and can still get XP for it while using melee. 

Always so disappointing when you get a decent looking group that actually stays in the center of the defense mission together, and they warp out at wave 5, lol.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

With public groups you have no control over the time someone spends in the mission, if you want to ensure you get the longer runs then it's recruit I'm afraid.

Yup. I solo most of the game, and make sure I can survive if everyone else leaves. Never trust a PUG to be able to carry you. I only like groups while leveling an item, so I can use a different weapon and use the co-op XP to level my holstered weapon.

people leaving early is simply the risk you take when playing with randoms

finding like minded players is literally the whole reason recruit chat exists.
thus I highly doubt your proposal will become a thing

Edited by BaIthazar

Being able to select desired duration at mission screen would help more than recruitment.  

With recruit chat you have to wade through Relic spam, Eidolon spam and quest help requests. It would be a lot better if we could just click on a node, select wave or time, cue up and just go with it. 

it would have to be an option. Sometimes a group doesnt work out and i would hate to be stuck until 20, sometimes a group is great and i want to go to 25.

but if its an option....who would voluntarily lock themselves in? it would be a useless feature unless its used for recruiting, and if your using it in recruiting, then finding people stay shouldn't be an issue anyway.

It might be such that having an option for the number of waves you'd like to stay helps match people. However, it's also true that this would create problems finding matches for some players, at which point they'll have to resign to recruiting chat anyway. This problem I can foresee as particularly detrimental on consoles, rather than PC.

Usually I leave early when my weapons maxed already.

As far as i'm concerned if people want to do excavation till 20 digs, camp on survivals, doing challenge rooms, 20 defense runs thats for recruitment chat. Some are new players who just want to clear the node as fast as possible or just need that last 2 ranks in weapons. Team mates can complain all they want but its a public random game. I never agreed to any terms especially when bigger problems like people AFK and leeching on defense missions gets a pass by the system.

11 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

This behavior is expected when participating in online public play. That is why solo matters.

at least YOU get it. people need to ditch this idea that going public means they'll find players who want the exact same thing as them, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

11 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

I don't think it would be a bad idea to impliment a wave selection option just before entry that lets you pick if your staying for 5, 10, 15 or more waves so that you get paired up with people who plan on staying as long as you are for the random groups.

sounds like a lot of effort for DE. an easier solution would be for you to use the magical tool that is recruit chat, where you can specify how long the game will be and only get players willing to go the distance. if you can't find others, then try going Solo, with the right setup you can easily reach wave 20 and beyond.

People leave after wave 5 because of  someone having affinity booster while others don't and they level up way quicker.

Also on top of that, there maybe someone who was screwed by "someone" who decided to leave after wave 5 which made their weapon/frame level at 27-29 and only need 5 waves which leads to endless domino effect of people leaving after wave 5.

I don't see a problem, Anything goes in pug. People are free to stay or leave as long as they want too. If you want to stay for a certain amount of waves with a group you have rec chat for that, no need for some wave selector thing. I also stay for only 5 waves sometimes, need to rank a weapon by 1 rank, annoying players, life stuff, etc.