Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which weapon has the most "adjective here" reload?

Duality52

Feel free to fill in the quotes on which weapon's reload animation you feel that deserves the feeling.

For me, the weapon with the most "confusing" reload is the Boltor (Telos & Prime). The Boltor ejects bullet casings, but how are the Tenno able to load in new bolts into the weapon by pulling a lever on top of the weapon then pushing it back? Is it some sort of "Void magic" because it shouldn't make any sense at all?

55 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Feel free to fill in the quotes on which weapon's reload animation you feel that deserves the feeling.

For me, the weapon with the most "confusing" reload is the Boltor (Telos & Prime). The Boltor ejects bullet casings, but how are the Tenno able to load in new bolts into the weapon by pulling a lever on top of the weapon then pushing it back? Is it some sort of "Void magic" because it shouldn't make any sense at all?

Space Magic. 

In a game like Warframe, expect some need for suspension of belief. 

Pro-tip: Don't think about it...

If reloads were to be true, many weapons would just shoot some sort of molecular sized pellets (gorgon) or super compressed air (latron prime)

Try some headcanon for fulfilment like I do: Void "transference" (teleportation) works better for small objects, non-living things, like the loot and ammo boxes. And thats why Lua got all broken and people got crazy... and stuff (Zariman 10-0)

1 hour ago, TheDenominator said:

Octavia's Boltor skin? how can strumming a gun fill the gun with bullets?

That one actually makes some sense, as the motion is used to knock out the old ammo puck and slot in a new one.

3 hours ago, Duality52 said:

The gun with the most . . . uh, pleasureable? Entertaining? Whatever reload on my end has been the Karak for quite some time. Sometimes, when I use my Wraith, I'll fire off a round and manual it just so I can see and hear it go through the smoooooottthhh as silk reload.

Also, my money has always been on that the Bolter comes to the mission pre-loaded and " reloading" it is the wielder essentially shifting the ammo stored inside it up to the "proper magazine". That's my two cents on the matter.

when looking at reload animations in Warframe, it's important to bear 2 things in mind: firstly, space magic and super advanced tech is a thing. second, this is a Third-person game, so there's less focus on these animations as you don't really see them anyway. that being said

coolest reload: Pyrana. true gunslinging goodness!

freakiest reload: Paracyst, you basically pull on it's Adam's Apple and it makes that noise. euch. that's an infested reload done right.

least favourite reload: Strun. why are we still loading shell-by-shell so far into the future? takes too damn long!

47 minutes ago, Isca said:

I'm not sure what happens with Tiberon Prime... you kinda tilt the whole gun forward and jam something into the butt, like the whole weapon is the front part of a break action shotgun.

same with vanilla Tiberon, the magazine is in the butt of the rifle. IIRC Burston and Burston Prime is the same.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Dunno, but i haven't seen any new warframe comics. Last one i saw was a set of warframe emojis.?

Her DeviantArt account says that the comic is on hiatus, and her forum account mentioned that she's kinda busy with work. That means at least no more comic for the foreseeable future. Though it doesn't seems like she completely abandon Warframe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

least favourite reload: Strun. why are we still loading shell-by-shell so far into the future? takes too damn long!

That's one of the reasons I like Strun Wraith. It may seem slow (5 seconds total), but in the middle of the game I find it to actually be more comfortable than regular reload. Caught off guard while reloading? Pause it any time between each shell, Bam!, carry on.