Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Trinity OP ?

Doomsknightmare

As many of you may know, recently nuke build Trinity got popular since this build just overwhelmes basically every mission in the game (from low level to high level, a nuke tri can just kill every enemy within a ridiculous range faster than any other frame, even nuke frames like Saryn, Mesa, Banshee, etc can hardly compete with her)

So when you got a nuke Tri in your squad, enemies just all died even before you can see them spawn, which is insane. A supposed-to-be-support frame can nuke the whole map faster than any other frame, isn't this shiz broken ?

They will nerf it...on the wrong terms...as always.

It's broken, yes. But I think in some different way most ppl think. (It seems to be Diamond Skin which just has 40% Rad resistance but an Arcane with the same stats won't do the trick)

Also if you are too bad using it you just die on the spot (I watched Quiette Shy's video yesterday and damn she died)

This thing has been around since Trinity's very inception. Congratulations, you "invented" one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Hope you're happy for making this sensationalist thread, you're probably thinking you're so smart.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

As a retired support veteran player (and still a vazarin main) I've got to say that I would personally never play Trinity, without said build.

Why? It's a cool build and it's nice for a support character to have some type of offensive ability for when things get out of hand and just healling ain't enough. You don't see real life medics going around the battlefield with a crazy amount of med kits and no weapons, do you? Also, Persona 3 refrences/roleplay (it's not quite like shooting yourself in the head but it's close enough).

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Trinity is my go-to Warframe, I love playing support and am pretty sad that with the rise in popularity of this build she will no doubt get nerfed. This build is nice but niche, I use it only when the other players agree so that we can privately just cheese a defense mission or two to rank up our gear and Focus efficiently. That's the thing about Warframe, people will always look for the most efficient way to accomplish something and that is not a bad thing necessarily.

@OP

Just learn to play. Someone came up with a nice build and you start hating it? Isn't it just your lack of skill in creating an effective build yourself? Even jealousy needs to have limits. Worry about your stuff instead of looking at the neighbor's grass to see if it's greener.

Edited by NukeSpear
typo

Can't Trinity only link to 3 enemies at a time? How is that a nuke? (Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works)

Also is this the reason I see people dying 4 - 5 times in a row and insta reviving on kuva missions?

Edited by Madway7

12 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Can't Trinity only link to 3 enemies at a time? How is that a nuke? (Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works)

exactly, just 3 enemies, and can u believe this guy is crying over this?

also sometimes when it links to an invincible enemy, it won't unlink, making the skill even less effective. the crying continues though.

8 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Also is this the reason I see people dying 4 - 5 times in a row and insta reviving on kuva missions?

The Link instantly switched the target within range.  The faster you detonate Castanas, the more enemies you kill.

And it also transfers an electric proc to the surrounding targets.  This's quite devastating to a mid-level mob.

2 hours ago, Nakrast said:

I see no nerf needed, it's a clever technique players found, and it's not something lazy like Banshee and Ember are/were.

It's not as lazy, but it's as brain dead as them. Cast link > Throw Castanas > Jump > Detonate > Rinse&Repeat. 

1 минуту назад, aligatorno сказал:

It's not as lazy, but it's as brain dead as them. Cast link > Throw Castanas > Jump > Detonate > Rinse&Repeat. 

why so many fail it and beg for res then?

1 minute ago, Sqecmi said:

why so many fail it and beg for res then?

Because they may not use the right weapon ? Because they might have detonated too quickly/late ? Because of the lag? From the few runs I`ve run with this build to test I`ve never killed myself except one time where I landed on the pod as I detonated so Aviator no longer applied. 

It's a brain dead build, a build that kills everything within 50m of you while you attack the ground.  It's highly efficient, don't get me wrong, but there's no need to try to put it in a higher place than a WoF Ember or Quake Banshee. 

3 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

isn't this shiz broken ?

apparently so, but in this case there's two reasons why I feel it should be left alone: firstly, it's a risky strategy that requires a very specific build and good timing with the Castanas, get it wrong and you essentially kill yourself, meaning someone just learning to do it will go through quite a few revives. I don't see how an inventive strategy that puts great risk on the player should be taken away, since it requires an ounce of skill to master, and on most starchart levels, there are other frames that can still wipe out rooms quickly.

the second reason is that this is Trinity we're talking about. if you were to ask "who's had the bad end of the nerf bat the most times?", everybody here would say Trinity, because it's true. she's be nerfed more times than any other Warframe, leading to such jokes/memes as "Wednesday? better nerf trinity!". DE doesn't have a good track record of balancing this particular frame, either making her a shadow of her former self (RIP 99% Blessing), or not doing anything and resulting in new super-powered builds like this recent Castanas nonsense appearing. Trinity players everywhere would collectively brown their pants if DE said they'd "address this", because they'd likely do a bad job of it. Trinity's always took the brunt of knee-jerk reactions to things she's involved in.

personally I say if something has to be nerfed, let it be the Castanas, Trinity's been beaten enough times and nobody seemed to care about Castanas before this build became a thing anyway. otherwise, let them get on with it. after all, if you don't go public you probably won't encounter it anyway.