Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Names of your Zaws

Baterial

MAY INCLUDE BAD ENGLISH, IT WILL

While i was thinking about names for my zaws i thought about hiding something behind their names.

This are my namze for zaws which i currently have

BO2dpDi.jpg?1

First one [NO POWER NO CONTROL] When your warframe is out of energy you are very limited in terms of survavibility and playetyle and also CC. This is why it is named as it is

Second one. [THROUGH THE RED SEA] it is rapier, it is using vulpine mask stance and it always procs slash while tapping melee attack button

Third one [WARKATU I] I just like this (it is not a song because it does not have rythm and words fitting it, so i think it is just a music) V

All of this is reffering to genre of music called Dark ambient which i really like. It started when i was watching anime, then i realized how much i like sad, dark and eerie music

No power no control and Through the red sea are parts of titles used in mixes on this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnie13black/videos

Show me your zaw names and why they are named like this

Second question: What are your feelings after listening at least warkatu?

I named my Machete Zaw the Sunbreaker Sword. The next one I’ll make will look more like a scythe than a staff and I’ll call it Thanatos’s Scythe.

p.s. I hope Hok has a strike that can be used for Nikana and Polearm zaws or at least something for dual weapons in the near future. That would be awesome.

The last one has been guilded and I plan on trashing it when maxed, but I've been way too lazy to level up stuff for the past 2 months.

This.

All of this right here.

All of this right here is the very limit of my creativity.

f403636f92f1ec420a7b690b64664d3c.png

Edited by LazerSkink

11 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

The last one has been guilded and I plan on trashing it when maxed, but I've been way too lazy to level up stuff for the past 2 months.

This.

All of this right here.

All of this right here is the very limit of my creativity.

f403636f92f1ec420a7b690b64664d3c.png

Why would you want to trash your own Zaw? I’m asking out of curiousity

3 hours ago, (PS4)SWAGberg_2012 said:

Why would you want to trash your own Zaw? I’m asking out of curiousity

Zaws are unappealing and just boring to me (except Plague), so I made the cheapest parts only to level all the strikes for the mastery. I'm only keeping the Balla dagger because I was told of its effectiveness and am generally pleased with the results.

3 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

You guys know you can name your non-Zaw melee weapons too, right?

Should be general knowledge by now.

Edited by LazerSkink

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Should be general knowledge by now.

It SHOULD, but lots of us discover it weirdly late (I'm seeing it a lot in people who've been around longer than me but aren't really into PoE).  

Figure if one person realizes they can name their favorite Dark Dagger too then it was worth it. :)

3 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

It SHOULD, but lots of us discover it weirdly late (I'm seeing it a lot in people who've been around longer than me but aren't really into PoE).  

Figure if one person realizes they can name their favorite Dark Dagger too then it was worth it. :)

Yeah, I've seen a lot who didn't know about it until told. It's a bit odd, DE also mentioned the feature in one of the streams leading up to the release, but it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a glaive/boomerang zaw! Come on, boomerangs were used by aboriginal Australians, at least, very, very long before the Europeans came and overran them. Since it's such a classic weapon, how can Cetus not have this weapon? All of their zaws look like they're made of stone, so might as well go ahead and finish going down that route of Stone Age weaponry.

3 hours ago, Mach25 said:

I want a glaive/boomerang zaw! Come on, boomerangs were used by aboriginal Australians, at least, very, very long before the Europeans came and overran them. Since it's such a classic weapon, how can Cetus not have this weapon? All of their zaws look like they're made of stone, so might as well go ahead and finish going down that route of Stone Age weaponry.

I feel like saying that he tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif.

But then again, it's in Off-Topic.

• 1 month later...

Polearm- Eidolon Epilogue: It was before I learned that Eidolons are not something that require a melee weapon so I named it in hopes to use it against them but I guess not.

Rapier- Ostron Pledge: Its the Plague Star Zaw parts so I named it as a promise to always help the people of Cetus in their times of need.

Dagger- Fang of Surah: Named as a memento of the kindness of the Ostron people. 

Staff- Maharishi: The staff shape reminds me of something a master/teacher would use to impart wisdom on their students so I named it after the hindu word for great sage, so that I may forcefully impart wisdom on my enemies.