The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Story Spoilers] How would you all feel if we aged?

Personally it would feel like a cheap Anime timeskip where the writers couldn't think of anything better to do. 

Even more so because my understanding is the Operators are essentially immortal or they would have aged in the tubes. Cause I would imagine any kind of stasis that would have kept them from aging would have suspended all body functions which means no active minds to control the Warframes. So I'd see the stasis they where in as more along the lines of something from the Matrix where they where effectively just asleep while the pod maintained whatever nutrient requirements, assuming they have any at this point and nothing more. 

51 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The answer to this is ‘bad, inconsistent writing from DE,’ sadly.

There are the ancient Tenno, who were actual space ninjas with a warrior culture, who designed weapons and laid out delicate water gardens and executed a grand betrayal of the Orokin, and then there are the actual Tenno we see in game, who are trapped in childish stasis.

Well, we did apparently lose all of our memory. It was just in TWW that we even remembered our origins, to my knowledge the Tenno do not remember anything about the old war or their ancient culture at this point in the story. So we grew up once and made this great culture and now we have to grow up again. The sequence of TSD (Child learning that they are their own person) to TWW (Angsty teen learning about responsibility) to Sacrifice (?????) kind of looks like a "growing up" story where we become what we once were.

I think it would look really weird to have these adult bodies in latex like suits.

Just imagine an adult woman standing next to your warframe in a latex suit. Not even mentioning how combat would look like. 

I was never a fan of these kids but I was also never bothered by them. This would deginitely change if they were to grow up. I think I would actually feel uncomfortable haha.

they are actually teenagers. tennos were used as weapons almost in the end of the old war when all hope was lost. Before that they were always in cryo sleep after being rescued from the ship because they couldn´t control their power and Magulis put them to sleep to help them control. So I think no matter how old they naturally are, their real age is just that of teenager.

Edited by Horaciozhao

10 часов назад, Artek94 сказал:

I am 100% on board of more mature operators. 18 at least would be nice as oposed to... What are we now? 15?

I won`t mind having a 35+ Operator. Or at least the age and body condition Tenno Operatives have (humans that lies in cryopod during defence missions, saved in rescue missions, protected during defence sorites)

I don't care about the physical aging.

But please have them mature a tad as quests get completed.  The brattyness is off-putting.  Understandable if we go from them having poor social training before being stasused, but seriously they should have some growth as time passes.

11 hours ago, Gaminus said:

So, to preface this, I want to say that our Operators as they are, are mentally mature.  Just counting the number of years the Old War must have taken, and how long we were "awake" before the second dream.  They just have the bodies of early teenagers, it seems like.

I don't know about the biology of it, to be honest.  Tenno don't seemingly eat, drink, or have other bodily functions that don't bear repeating.  Our ship certainly doesn't accommodate for it, but we are physically capable of drinking as seen when and if we drunk the kool-aid at the end of War Within. 

What do you all think?

Hide contents

P.S. I'm only suggesting this because I want this idea to gain traction so that we could have beards and other facial hair on adult male operators.

the void grants immortality. They don't run on food because they aren't human, they run on void.

I don't think ALL Tenno are or were children. Why WE in particular are is because story. Every single player actually plays a single character. There is only ONE Tenno with Ordis who happens to be in the middle of every single problem the system comes up with. It just so happens that every player is that Tenno. It's the Commander Shepard deal, one character, many variations but a single story and some core static concepts. 

I'd argue that MOST Tenno in actuality were adult clones made special for the purpose, Yuvan theater rejects and Dax volunteers. Zariman kids were Margulis's special project that got swept up in the whole deal. There's too many of us for everyone to be a Zariman survivor. So why we have kids as Operators is simply because we're Commander Shepard. One person, many "lenses" 

Now I do think there's an interesting mechanic idea: What if the Operator matured and grew physically the more you used them? Meaning right now we have these skinny teens but over time, the more weight you put behind your operator in missions, they bulk up, grow. Get physically stronger and agile from the experience. 

And last point: It's a game story. You can overwrite it in your head as much as you like. The quests and story to me are nothing more then a window to the world of warframe, I have my own story and characters. 

Edited by Lakais

13 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

they are most defnitely not mentally mature. havent u seen the dialogue for the TWW? nothing but cringy brats talking. not sure if intended or just bad writing

What has never been considered is that keeping them as “dreaming children” might not be the work of the void at all...

If Ballas used the Tennos’ sleeping memories of their adoptive mother (Margulis) to allow Natah to recreate her...

If Natah is forever locked into her form and barren due to the rails, would having “forever” children be a temptation?