The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

2 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

So..with new game mode for vets we got..nothing!

Except Kora. I mean, Kora is there. But beside her, there are the silly mods where folks can use them to goof off. But beside that, there's focus farming as well. But beside that as well...  I suppose there's just ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THERE.

A thought. What if the mods only worked in the void? Since the laws of physics supposedly work differently in the void it would make contextual sense to have the ridiculousness there. DE could attach the mod usage to a mission/type in the void.

The more of these peculiar mods you have installed, the less useful mods you have, the more ridiculous it gets, the greater the challenge, the better the reward.

Edited by vitz3

Только что, Salenstormwing сказал:

Except Kora. I mean, Kora is there. But beside her, there are the silly mods where folks can use them to goof off. But beside that, there's focus farming as well. But beside that as well...  I suppose there's just ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THERE.

Well..for focus farm you have stealth

28 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

We dont have space for QOL mods cus of damage and multishot mods(aka move them in the weapon rank progression allready). And DE killing their new game mode with this..useless mods! DE! This is not april 1, get your S#&$ together and give us real rewards

They're hinting at real rewards in the actual drop tables. Focus acquisition has been revealed to be part of the gameplay ("special" Convergence orbs that give increasing multipliers above the usual 8x), so I'm glad to hear that we're not getting more Eidolon Shards in the drop tables. I think these peculiar mods are placed where we hit certain milestones, and the actual drop tables will give us useful things that they want us to find for ourselves.

EDIT: Just remembered, they mentioned Khora will be in the Onslaught missions, so I'm guessing some or all of her parts will be dropped there. Not sure if that makes sense, though, since the Ghoul Codex Fragments mention PoE.

Edited by Raspberry

They will be fun for a while, but for a good use in the long run they must provide points to install other mods like auras do when slotted, so i can install more powerful mods without forma. Other wise if they cost me points to install, i can see myself burning them off for endo and credits.

Только что, Raspberry сказал:

They're hinting at real rewards in the actual drop tables. Focus acquisition has been revealed to be part of the gameplay ("special" Convergence orbs that give increasing multipliers above the usual 8x), so I'm glad to hear that we're not getting more Eidolon Shards in the drop tables. I think these peculiar mods are placed where we hit certain milestones, and the actual drop tables will give us useful things that they want us to find for ourselves.

Lets just hope that their "real rewards" is worth farming..cus so far this new game mode is ded on arrival

18 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

No, just No. Peculiar mods should not even exist.

tenor.gif

DE better add an option to turn the visual effects of peculiar mods off...

Agreed... waste of development resources.

I know they said it didn't took many people to do it, but ey, what if there wasnt any, and they could... idk, work on the sacrifice so it releases before the tennocon

Just now, NoLazyShadow said:

Lets just hope that their "real rewards" is worth farming..cus so far this new game mode is ded on arrival

Oh, yeah, I'm only going to be cautiously optimistic there. My post here wasn't intended to focus on that specifically, but I agree with you. I hope the reward tables will be good enough for it to not be DOA.

6 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Well..for focus farm you have stealth

Have you considered that maybe some of us DON'T like to farm focus with boring Sleep'anox spamming and a max range whip?

Just like that isn't for me, maybe very silly mods aren't for you. But you know what, they are a perfectly fine thing to have in-game and can exist side by side without being "This is the BEST, we must MIN-MAX our way to THE TOP!"

Seriously, just like the Kuva Survival is there for folks who don't want to run normal Kuva missions, they can BOTH be in-game and it's OKAY. Some folks will use them. Some won't. It's not a huge deal. So yeah, let folks farm focus in the new mission. If you don't want to, go do stealth farming. Neither is a bad thing. Being absolute-ist in that there isn't room for both IS a bad thing though.

Edited by Salenstormwing
Spelling iz hrad.

12 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

You insult the veterans.

Why are veterans of this game demanding fealty from the dev?

13 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

2) Thats mods with Mirage and Ampex = trolls new toy = fps killed. And we dont need someone to destroy our fun with massive fps drops.

You're assuming a lot here.

14 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

1)This so called "peculiar" mods is a waste of mod slot..and we dont have spare mod slots.

If I'm running something that is on the star chart, I could literally just use 2 or 3 mods on my weapons and have 0 issues. Get rid of everything fun from the game as it would be wasting precious dev time.

16 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

3) That rewards is killing your new dark sector game mode or what even you call it. People dont want waste thei time for nothig

They call it nothing because it doesn't exist at the moment. That this is getting made doesn't detract from their ideas for a replacement for Dark Sectors, merely moves it into the future a bit more.

I am for any kind of new method for farming focus because the current one is absurd. I want them to make Focus lenses more accessible and available for newer players. We already have three tiers of them, why not make the first one easier to get? Let us use standing to redeem them as rewards. Anyway... I got side-tracked.

The idea of Peculiar Mods is nice but I do hate the way they're going to be implemented. "I'm so pro, I can give away one slot" is a horrible mentality and doesn't help a bit. They will only be worth if it they can be equipped separately, like a decoration, as that's what they're going to be. Forcing people to give up mod slots for them is insane! People are already complaining about how Augments need slots, and DE is aware of this with their recent Mesa addition. I don't understand for the life of me creating more mods with no consideration for this.

Easy solution to this: Add a "special effects weapon slot" just for this kind of mods and we might end up beeing more happy with this new content (as long as it doesnt end up as fps killer and doesnt ruin the.... well the entire theme of the game maybe?....)

All i hope for is that it doesnt get to silly and that the entire game in the future is ONLY full of this kind of funny but... killing the true warframe theme... mod effects....

So maybe in the end it is better to have them on the normal slots so not every single weapon has this effects and only people that REALLY want this are sacraficing an important mod for this fun. (Please dont make warframe a spamfest of funny but more and more silly and unfitting effects like this)

20 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

2) Thats mods with Mirage and Ampex = trolls new toy = fps killed. And we dont need someone to destroy our fun with massive fps drops.

If you want to particles, you don't need silly new mods, when you can do it already...

(PS: The framerate seems fine, just... pink.)

If they replaced current mods like serration and split chamber with identical values and drain BUT had a gimmick then sure why not. Would I do endurance runs for a chance to obtain one of them if that was the only reward? Nope.....I would maybe do the void mode a few times to see if I enjoyed it but if there isn't a reward why bother right?

If they removed rivens from sorties and moved them to void? It would be very popular.  

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Soul-scar:

If they replaced current mods like serration and split chamber with identical values and drain BUT had a gimmick then sure why not. Would I do endurance runs for a chance to obtain one of them if that was the only reward? Nope.....I would maybe do the void mode a few times to see if I enjoyed it but if there isn't a reward why bother right?

If they removed rivens from sorties and moved them to void? It would be very popular.  

Dont give them false ideas about that remove from sortie point :D

1 minute ago, Leorion said:

In order to make these worth the *insane effort* that will likely be required, they need to be separately equipped as a cosmetic effect, like a shield or piece of armour. 

This please. I like the idea of these things but if they take up a mod slot imma be angry.