The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

24 minutes ago, Prof.549 said:

Are you aware, that you are playing open Beta(or idk how they call it, "constantly improving game", same sh*t - side view)? YOU are tester.

No, we're not the beta testers. Beta testers get their feedback responded to. You must have missed the very large amount of INCREDIBLY long-lived issues which have been repeatedly brought up and repeatedly ignored (examples: single status increase mods being utterly pointless, this has been the case since damage 2.0; broken enemy spawns; many many many many threads indicating the dislike of the flashing yellow focus orb).

Also, when something has a cash shop and microtransactions, then as far as I'm concerned, it's a complete shipping product. Simply declaring something to be a beta test does not make it so.

EDIT: also, problems like "this mission can't actually be completed" fall under alpha testing. Beta is balance, feature integration and edge case compatibility.

Edited by DoomFruit

it's hard to pass through zone 6++ in solo sometime, because the effeciency is really fast to decrease and the portal to the next wave is looong enough to spawn, so thats make waste of the effeciency that i have.i'm always end on the 7 or 8 zone. and really? 15-20 % effeciency is gone because i'm waiting for the next conduits to spawn.

Tried it with a few setups.

First i was soloing with Trinity, couldn't pass the 3. or 4. stage because Efficiency ran out, not enough enemies to kill.

Then played with Capacitance nuke Volt in both normal and elite, public mm and Ignis and it trivializes it hitting a constant 90-100%, only struggling above stage 10. where it can't kill fast enough to sustain Efficiency.

Yet to check out how a nuke setup works in solo but it's clearly a bad design when all your options are press 4 to win, would have liked a real endurance mode instead with anti-cheese mechanics. (no staying in the Rift forever or invis cheese, etc.)

It still isn't viable for gaining any meaningful amount of focus. If you max out your daily cap (lol good luck without a microtransaction for affinity boosters and eidolon lenses and hours of your day dedicated to just this mode) every day you'll still have to do that for months to fill out a single focus tree.

8 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

It still isn't viable for gaining any meaningful amount of focus. If you max out your daily cap (lol good luck without a microtransaction for affinity boosters and eidolon lenses and hours of your day dedicated to just this mode) every day you'll still have to do that for months to fill out a single focus tree.

No meaningful amounts? I left after 9 zones with almost 100k focus, without even thinking about it, and without boosters. I'd say that's pretty damn good, compared to the cheesy meta alternatives. Also, how is it a bad thing, that it takes time to master a focus school? Imagine you could max a focus tree in just a day, what kind pointless nonsense would that be? You're not supposed to max everything as fast as possible, that's why focus gains are highly regulated.

I seriously don't understand this "I want everything and I want it now" mentality. The people who complain about not being able to max everything in a week are those people, who complain about content drought just 2-3 days after a major update. It's your own fault for blasting through the content like that.

45 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

No, we're not the beta testers. Beta testers get their feedback responded to. You must have missed the very large amount of INCREDIBLY long-lived issues which have been repeatedly brought up and repeatedly ignored (examples: single status increase mods being utterly pointless, this has been the case since damage 2.0; broken enemy spawns; many many many many threads indicating the dislike of the flashing yellow focus orb).

Also, when something has a cash shop and microtransactions, then as far as I'm concerned, it's a complete shipping product. Simply declaring something to be a beta test does not make it so.

EDIT: also, problems like "this mission can't actually be completed" fall under alpha testing. Beta is balance, feature integration and edge case compatibility.

One way or another - it's not a "true released" game. And yea, most of the time it feels like games that falls under "Early access" in Steam.

And THIS was nominated(more like "vote for us and get this item*) for best optimization game etc. Oh well

18 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

-snip-

Yeah, nah, we're not going to get anywhere because you've already assumed what I want without reading a word I've said.

Fun fact: not wanted years-long grind does not automatically equal "give me everything immediately". But fanboys wouldn't know that, because they have to strawman any criticism of this game.

7 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

Yeah, nah, we're not going to get anywhere because you've already assumed what I want without reading a word I've said.

Where was I implying that you are meant with that part? I said that I don't understand this mentality in general.

8 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

Fun fact: not wanted years-long grind does not automatically equal "give me everything immediately". But fanboys wouldn't know that, because they have to strawman any criticism of this game.

Fanboy? Now you are jumping to conclusions. Hypocrisy is what that's called. I do have my fair share of issues with Warframe, but I try to keep a level-headed view on things. If I, as someone who never really "farmed" focus in any way, can passively level the focus schools in a rather chilled and controlled manner, by just playing the game normally, I don't see a reason why others can't do the same.

Reposting my opinion from hotfix thread:

The efficiency decay time needs to be cut in half. I ran my first solo attempt with a strong Frost build(freeze and kill the whole room and sometimes the room next to it), I also had a Sobek with an Acid Shells build and a strong riven(one shot kills 10+ enemies). This setup failed early in Zone 7. Please DE, at least let us get past Zone 8, Rotation C solo - seems to me like a sensible minimum requirement.

For those who may want to say "git gud scrub, get a better build" - that's not the point. To a new player who might have a couple of level 30 frames and 30% of the mods in the game - this mode will be pretty much impossible to solo. So while I'll be trying out multiple builds and surely get past Zone 8 solo, new players will struggle to get past Zone 4-5. Not everyone wants to go in a squad.

I really like the peculiar mods concept, it is the true endgame. However, I hope the visual effect is more noticeable, like instead of only pale pink flowers, we got some light particles on the flowers or make the flowers a lot bigger, because mostly towards endgame, we kill enemy with 1-3 hits, then usually only 1 flower blooms on the corpses.

It is too unnoticeable considering the sacrifice we made to equip a mod for pure visual effect only. As such, the visual effect should be grand and noticeable. And to compensate that, the drop chance can be lower to 1% only so that it is rare and and an icon of endgamers. This is also to avoid overuse of visual effect that may hinder the fight in game. 

Thanks!

Edited by HeartPurity

I really like it, mode is good, rewards are good - BUT: I really hate how on high lvls its not about killing enemies faster, but about finding them/getting them to spawn/aoe. I understand it is impossible to remove this factor completely due to some frames being able to chesse them to death no matter the enemy lvl, but while requiring a higher kps on higher zones is a good thing, you should adjust the spawns to actually get some enemies close to you all the time - enough to keep up the efficiency decently without movement being more important than dps to determine your kps. that way youll get a broader spread on the leaderboards and a less clogged meta. 

Also, i would really appreciate a balanced solo elite mode with appropriate spawns and seperate leaderbords, accessible via a different dialogue option, not just putting your group on solo. 

so far really good job, far better end game potential than old trials

1 hour ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

I seriously don't understand this "I want everything and I want it now" mentality.

That's a strawman. Don't do that.

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Adaro stealth melee runs are still way more efficient and easier, though. 

Granted, Onslaught *does* provide alternative to Hydron, so there's that. 

Efficiency is kind of irrelevant. Not everyone cares about getting the max possible focus income, and for those that don't, Onslaught provides a decent option.

5 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Well if it can stop game changing updates then why can't it get us free items?

Because it would take work to create a script that would refund everyone's lost items, and they have a lot more important things to deal with. 

Maybe make the rewards and focus save for every rotation like you do for prime parts? I have about 10 hours in total of onslaught under my belt with almost nothing to show for it because I lost most of it in crashes and host migrations

Edited by Kurambik

10 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

Because it would take work to create a script that would refund everyone's lost items, and they have a lot more important things to deal with. 

Like? It's not like they did any real amount of bug squashing before releasing this patch.

1 hour ago, CroqueMortTime said:

Hi guys,

no crash but very annoying freeze and stutter each time a portal is materializing... (I am on a low end pc, with intelHD graphics if that helps...)

I had that on an i7 4790k, 16GB ram and gtx1060 as a client and even at the beginning as a host.... there's something in the 'fetch' process for the next map that's making it stutter.

Admittedly I need to optimise the install but I'm on an ssd so doesn't make that much difference imo.

very long "host migrations", usually fails,booting with 0 rewards, same thing with -> when the 8th zone is finished, players moving into the 9th zone, and host stays behind, long migration with 0 rewards, happened 4 times in a row, lost 1 khora system bp cause of this.

random freezes that ultimately results in a crash, when relogging, there is usually no option to reconnect, or it gives "Host/Client data mismatch"

the spawns when in solo is absolute garbage, combine it with massive zones, and what you get?a waste of time.