Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

Materials can be tweaked for organic texture. Sheate your pitchforks prime until they show the actual model.

The problem is not the texture. The problem is the form. It does not looks like something the infestation would grow. It looks like some forged metal and not organic.

Just now, Carbonitepon8 said:

Idk pizza, to me it looks like nidus and mesa fused or something I'll be buying it asap of course but was hoping for a more infested look

My next hype is going to be the prime variant. I'm hoping to see Nidus Prime having a sleek and clean outer shell, but as he builds mutation, the skin cracks and breaks apart, revealing the infested monstrosity beneath.

The blue arms are utterly ugly and don't belong there, and the rest is just a big MEH

Those "armor" pieces or chitinous whatever you wanna call them are a bad portrait of Warhammer 40K Chaos Marines armor pieces ( shoulders & elbows in particular ) that don't fit jack_sh_it with Nidus theme, at this point the creator should have as well copied some Tyranids details which would have been way more thematic

Edited by arm4geddon-117

17 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

What's the skin? I didn't get to see the stream and it hasn't been released in video form yet. I'm a Nidus main and I'm dying to see it.

A friend shared an image earlier which said Nidus Deluxe on it, but I'm not sure if it was fanart or official DE concept art. If it's the official one, I'm totally going to buy the hell out of it!

af8084d15a6a221d256f8e26d2a26485.png

Deluxe is "A different look" on a Frame.

This turns Nidus from flesh eating Infested that grows stronger as he feeds into "All Consuming Demon that grows stronger as he feeds". Same idea, different style.
Like Ghostly Nekros. Necromancer Lich-king into Vengeful Death Spirit.

8 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

My next hype is going to be the prime variant. I'm hoping to see Nidus Prime having a sleek and clean outer shell, but as he builds mutation, the skin cracks and breaks apart, revealing the infested monstrosity beneath.

Well we'll find out sometime around the fall of 2020 or so

Edited by Carbonitepon8

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Deluxe is "A different look" on a Frame.

This turns Nidus from flesh eating Infested that grows stronger as he feeds into "All Consuming Demon that grows stronger as he feeds". Same idea, different style.
Like Ghostly Nekros. Necromancer Lich-king into Vengeful Death Spirit.

I was going to use Octavia or Nova's deluxe skins as an example, but you described it better.

personally I like that they went to a different direction with it. if you see skins like ember and volt, pretty bland and unoriginal, a phoenix and a Frankenstein(?) skins for fire and electric frames respectively, even with the mesa one which is a gunslinger, but from a different era 

you rarely think of metal when it comes to nidus and that's where it shines. I guess it depends on the frames 😕  

But the whole point of deluxe skins is to have an alternative take on a said Warframe. What about Ember screams 80's rebellious rock star? What in Rhino says Gothic knight? What in Nova says Hindu deity? We all have our tastes and that is perfectly fine. But the point of the Deluxe skins has not been to mimic the original style whatsoever, in fact the alternative take is the exact point of them in the first place.

Am I seeing this right? Are the fashion victims trying constructive criticism and end up in bawling and crying?

I was expecting memeing strike and melee range nerf cries.

Now regarding the deluxe skin. Its barely a concept art and a lot can change

On 2018-05-11 at 1:37 PM, Pizzarugi said:

So it's true. I'm so excited!

Nezha deluxe is taking its sweet time coming, so I wouldn't look forward to Nidus's dropping neither this nor the coming season.

okay my stupidity kept me from watching the first 15 minutes of the devstream that I missed and apparently the Nezha deluxe was put on hold and the Nidus deluxe is actually further along in progress than the aformentioned Nezha skin so ignore everything here

Edited by LazerSkink

Nidus is probably my favorite frame overall, and his vanilla skin is incredible. As his first alternate skin, this deluxe is unusually important, as it could really set a precedent for how future skins are made or even conceptualized. I truly post this as helpful constructive feedback, and I would hope any fellow tenno maintain that spirit.

4mEylRW.jpg&key=2609ae5916af44d5b1b51145

As an overall warframe skin, this is really amazing, and I thank the artist for their work on it. Not to get too esoteric, but I'm not sure it suits Nidus' persona and lore specifically. Nidus is the absolute personification of the Infestation, and his vanilla skin and abilities are all based around a very biological, organic theme. The heavy metallic armor pieces in this design seem to contradict that. As his vanilla skin mutates, it seems to grow like an organism, whereas this one is more built akin to a machine being assembled. The various infested weapons and enemies do merge mechanical and organic together, but they tend to start with the mechanical as a baseline, and the infestation grows outward to cover and conceal the original metal tech with organic tissue. With that in mind, this skin mutates somewhat backwards: it starts looking like very biological entity, but as it mutates, the biological portions get covered by metallic tech. I feel it could start off looking like a mechanical, even robotic, base, but as the mutation grows, the tech would be covered and obscured as the organic tissue elements take over and become the more prominent element overall. The only suggestion to alter this model would be to change the texture and coloring of this model so that the growing pieces look less like perfect shiny metal, and more like an organic element like an armor made of bone or carapace shell, or even an organic crystal type material. And perhaps alter the model a bit to make it less symmetrical and less perfect lines and curves, to better capture the organic feel.

And not to nitpick: the ethereal arms are really cool, but they really seem like an Inaros element, specifically his noble idle pose. I guess it's a neat homage to their many similarities in game, but again, it kind of takes away from the uniqueness of Nidus as a concept.

What do y'all think?

I personally don't really like it. I always thought Nidus is one of the best looking default frames, so I'm not really surprised this skin doesn't make him look better. I can't pinpoint why exactly I don't like it, just that it doesn't feel like Nidus anymore. Like, it looks like it would fit on a bulkier frame, like Rhino or Vauban Prime, not the infested, fleshy Nidus. Looks too metal-y for a fleshy Warframe.

So... yeah, not really excited about this one. Not bad, just not a good fit for Nidus.

1 hour ago, VengefulMaelstrom said:

Those blue arm things around the chest in the Nidus Deluxe renders really throws it off for me. 

Personally the skin looks better without those armor pieces added during mutation. I hope it could be something that can be toggled. 

Not really bothered by the arms personally

But the armor pieces are better off as cosmetics we can put on rather than associate it with his mutation stacks imo.

Can the armor please be an auxiliary thing? I know it is supposed to be part of his whole mutation gimmick but I don't think it looks good. At all. The base of him looks awesome but the armor is too bulky, too busy, and covers up too much of him.

Hopefully this is the gace because I really REALLY like his base design. The glowing arms and exposed brain looks awesome, but I feel like Nidus deserves better than to be forced to have over-the-top Final Fantasy armor bits from the spare parts pile.

Here's hoping.

Edited by Xylyssa