Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are we getting a big update next week..?

So Steve replied to a comment on twitter that seems to ask if we can expect the GPU particle update with sacrifice, venus or after. And Steve replied "WITH"

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/991784022991831040

And in Devstream 111, we were told that we could expect the GPU particle update next week...

https://youtu.be/70QbRHnDoH8?t=1790

So... What do you lot think? We gonna be expecting a big update next week?

Edit: hold on whilst i work out this twitter nonsense That'll have to do

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

31 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

So Steve replied to a comment on twitter that seems to ask if we can expect the GPU particle update with sacrifice, venus or after. And Steve replied "WITH"

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/991784022991831040

And in Devstream 111, we were told that we could expect the GPU particle update next week...

https://youtu.be/70QbRHnDoH8?t=1790

So... What do you lot think? We gonna be expecting a big update next week?

Edit: hold on whilst i work out this twitter nonsense That'll have to do

The tweet is not actual anymore. Sacrifice is definitely not comming in next update.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

It's pretty simple: Next update is 22.20, a mainline update.

However, something as big as The Sacrifice/Venus will most assuredly guarantee an entire build jump, meaning update 23. 

Therefore, if it isn't 23, it isn't the Sacrifice/Venus.

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

it is , its confirmed after tennocon

Nah, its not

More like 99% of Sacrifice is already done, because was ready to ship with new particles FX, but sense made it first for more testing

vor 10 Minuten schrieb bad4youLT:

it is , its confirmed after tennocon sence were is to much work to be done

No' it's confirmed to be before tennocon and before venus by steve. Venus was confirmed to be before tenno con aswell. I'd give you a link to the tweet but can't find it anymore, though I'm sure someone can dig it up.

About the particles: According to DE's Devstream overview, the highest setting, "Ludicrous" doubles the amound of particles. You can literally have like half a million particles on the screen...

Now usually I'd say my CPU can't handle that, but since it's apparently GPU heavy and I got that sweet GTX 1060 6GB, I can't wait to see what Ember will be like lol. Or Banshee's first ability... that one already has a ton of particles with PhysX enabled...

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, (PS4)dingdong743 said:

Sacrifice for you lucky pc bois will most likely come end of may or during june

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do like they did with Second Dream and release it universally to all platforms the same day.  Wishful thinking maybe - but how long has Sacrifice been in the oven - like 8 months at the very minimum?  Maybe it's been taking so long because they're getting it ready for all? 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

21 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Nah, its not

More like 99% of Sacrifice is already done, because was ready to ship with new particles FX, but sense made it first for more testing

14 minutes ago, German said:

No' it's confirmed to be before tennocon and before venus by steve. Venus was confirmed to be before tenno con aswell. I'd give you a link to the tweet but can't find it anymore, though I'm sure someone can dig it up.

I dunno wich one but it was in devstream 108-110 they told script is done so they started making levels for the quest and other stuff , expect it after TennoCon

its relatively a "big" update, but it isnt a "major" update. Any really important update comes with a teaser site and tons of hype and crazy devs. When a quest update is coming, you'll definitely know.

Edited by Hypernaut1

29 minutes ago, German said:

No' it's confirmed to be before tennocon and before venus by steve.

You do realise Steve just says things without thinking yes?

He has a nasty track record of saying things and then backtracking. Like when he said Umbra was “likely” to release in 2015.

Even this thread shows it. He said that particle effects would come with the Sacrifice and now look, he’s changed his tune again.

So its more than a little possible that Sacrifice might just be after TennoCon. Hel, maybe even after Venus.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01:

You do realise Steve just says things without thinking yes?

He has a nasty track record of saying things and then backtracking. Like when he said Umbra was “likely” to release in 2015.

Even this thread shows it. He said that particle effects would come with the Sacrifice and now look, he’s changed his tune again.

So its more than a little possible that Sacrifice might just be after TennoCon. Hel, maybe even after Venus.

He didn't say particles would come with the sacrifice, he said the sacrifice will be a perfect presentation of the new particles.

I agree though. Still, that's what an official dev said.