The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please nuke "Nuke" Trinity

Tenno.Rukasu

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

That the OP wants Aviator nerfed shows he neither understands Trin and whats more, probably doesn't even understand that nuking is required in Onslaught.  DE brought this on themselves.  The build has been around forever, but no one uses it because its not fun to use.  EOnslaught has made it one of the few viable strategies - especially if you go public matchmaking.

That said, you realize you can nerf it yourself if you hate them so much - just run saryn with venom dose - cast spores on trin and she'll kill herself with every throw.

There are currently 35 types of Warframe in-game. And just 3-4 are being used in Elite OS, cause players are trying to solo. This is a co-op game, if everyone in a party have same level gear and everybody kills around 25%, there isn't a need to 'nuke'. You can just play the game as supposed to be played, and more important, the whole team will have fun.

"But  I don't have the gear, rivens or 'god' builds." No problem, there's a normal OS mode.

I'm not farming. I'm literally just playing for fun, and some players are messing with that. I won't nerf myself just to adapt to players exploiting a in-game defect.

33 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

I don't think that kill 3 with an ability and readied settings for the weapons and mod seems broken at all. Also Aviator is not the point either.

If you're using Castanas, you aren't killing just 3 enemies. The AoE damage by pass Trinity link, that's why you can clear a room with a few shots. The problem is damage reduction provided by Aviator. If you are a regular Trinity player know that Link and Bless together can never pass the 90% damage reduction. This mod is surpassing that.

38 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

If you're using Castanas, you aren't killing just 3 enemies. The AoE damage by pass Trinity link, that's why you can clear a room with a few shots. The problem is damage reduction provided by Aviator. If you are a regular Trinity player know that Link and Bless together can never pass the 90% damage reduction. This mod is surpassing that.

Got it, and it answers why more than three are dead on a burst. But, still it requires to cast an ability, requires some specific weapons that is capable to self-damage, and very specific settings to reduce the damage on yourself, and need to spam it repeately rather than only once in order to clear that much enemy. Also you may shoot something with Punch Through and will makes similar results. It is already too annoying to do this on the reality. I think that they deserve the reward for their hard work.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

19 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Got it, and it answers why more than three are dead on a burst. But, still it requires to cast an ability, requires some specific weapons that is capable to self-damage, and very specific settings to reduce the damage on yourself, and need to spam it repeately rather than only once in order to clear that much enemy. Also you may shoot something with Punch Through and will makes similar results. It is already too annoying to do this on the reality. I think that they deserve the reward for their hard work.

It's a very clever build, I won't deny it. But it's relying on Trinity immortality provided by a glitch. Without that 'god' condition, will continue to work, but players won't be spamming self-damage. The fact there's a need in Warframe community to be a 'god'. This isn't the first immortal build. I'm playing since U9 and I've seen others. But this is the first time that is affecting team mates gameplay experience.

Not only is it just an addon to the actual mod that allows that build to work. That build is objectively worse than actual DPS frames.
"Best DPS Trinity" does not mean "Best DPS" it's just the best by Trinity standards and even that is wrong since the EV build does % damage and can murder any level enemy whereas the suicide bomber trinity slows down horribly by level 100.

The only reasons this build is so popular is because it's something different, it's an excuse to use Aviator and Diamond Skin and because it's funny.

2 hours ago, NLukaz said:

There are currently 35 types of Warframe in-game. And just 3-4 are being used in Elite OS, cause players are trying to solo. This is a co-op game, if everyone in a party have same level gear and everybody kills around 25%, there isn't a need to 'nuke'. You can just play the game as supposed to be played, and more important, the whole team will have fun.

"But  I don't have the gear, rivens or 'god' builds." No problem, there's a normal OS mode.

I'm not farming. I'm literally just playing for fun, and some players are messing with that. I won't nerf myself just to adapt to players exploiting a in-game defect.

Playing both PC and Xbox, it is significantly easier on PC than console to do ESO.  People on console are struggling to get to zone 8 even with nuke builds etc.  I don't care if they fix it or not... i'm just stating what made it come to prominence recently.

As for "No problem there is normal OS" - get many vandal parts there have you?

And if you are just playing for fun - you can use recruiting, play solo, or - as is usually the case - just play public matchmaking and not even see a nuke trin.

But again - i'm not saying they shouldn't fix it. but nuking (her, equinox, volt, whatever your preferred aoe nuke is)  is absolutely required to get to zone 8 on console.

Players like you are like the plague. 
The sole reason why Warframes like Chroma and Ember getting ridiculously nerfed into the ground, just because your self esteem is destroyed, when you can't have your epeen stroked on the mission result screen?

Instead of nerfs you should rather ask for buffs for other Warframes. 
And it shows that you did not really thought about the real issue about this whole "cheesing" of things. 
Think about it properly for a second. Why are people cheesing things? Because there are cheesy enemies in the game too. Systems are broken. The whole ship is burning.
Armor scaling is broken as hell. Nullifiers and other funblockers getting implemented because people hated powerful builds on Warframes. 
Don't get me wrong. Broken things like Wukong nuking the entire map all the time is of course to be fixed. But always asking for a nerf.. What do you want? Take away all the weapons and Warframes if you can't stand diversity in gameplay. Some like to cheese with Trinity. Others like to cheese with Inaros or Rhino. 

The whole game has issues that forces players often enough to "cheese" the content, if they want to call Warframe still a game and not a major headache. 
Eidolon "oneshotting". Chroma gets nerfed. He is the bad guy. Even if i can oneshot Eidolons with Trinity or other Warframes too and do not even need a buff from anyone. Yet Chroma needs to get nerfed into the ground. Why? Because people like cry out for nerfs, just because they see high numbers on them, not even asking how he did that maybe.

Edited by Derethevil

8 minutes ago, Derethevil said:

Players like you are like the plague. 
The sole reason why Warframes like Chroma and Ember getting ridiculously nerfed into the ground, just because your self esteem is destroyed, when you can't have your epeen stroked on the mission result screen?

Instead of nerfs you should rather ask for buffs for other Warframes. 

Plague are those who keeping relying on one ability. Then start to create thousands of rework articles. By the way, Chroma was buffed, was a solo warframe now it's very good team mate. Ember also was buffed, her 4th deals more damage, you just can't toggle on and keep for the entire mission, need to be played right.

Old Chroma was increasing damage too much. I'm a Eidolon hunter, and I've seen players destroying limbs with a Lato Prime, before rework.

Edited by NLukaz

3 hours ago, NLukaz said:

AoE doesn't transfer through link. What you're observing is multishot or perhaps status proc effects such as castanas electric proc when triggered on the ground.

Edited by TrinityPrime

17 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Plague are those who keeping relying on one ability. Then start to create thousands of rework articles. By the way, Chroma was nerfed, is a solo warframe and now a mediocre team mate, easily replaced by Rhino. Ember also was tweaked, her 4th deals more damage, but decreases the range by half, you just can't toggle on and keep for the entire mission, need to be played right.

Old Chroma was increasing damage too much. I'm a Eidolon hunter, and I've seen players destroying limbs with a Lato Prime, before rework. 

I fixed things for you.
Chroma was never a good support Warframe. His current "buff" is mediocre at best. If you want it to be somewhat powerful you need to constantly hug him and stand next to him. Also he needs to stand still or run after you if you want that "buff". If it should stay like that they need to get rid of that range modifier, since everything but a strength and duration build is now cutting down his survivability even further. And if you play past Mercury, you will notice that as of now he can't properly tank anything reliable nor can he stand still for a moment to, as you call it, "buff" their teammates. If he does that in higher content he is getting grilled just as fast as other support Warframes.

Yes his damage. Here we go again. The one argument every damn fiddle plays the moment it realizes that someone asks to buff Chroma again. I can live without that damage buff as it was. Even if the current "buff" is really laughable. Instead of fixing it how they said, they completely changed the calculation for both his armor and his weapon damage.
Fixing it would have been fine. Even if they would only have touched his damage output like it is currently it would have been fine, but his survivability is at cardboard box armor right now.

And once more. Even writing it bigger for you.
I can oneshot Eidolon limbs and Eidolons itself WITHOUT any buffs or abilities that boost damage from a Warframe. Be it Trinity, Mag, Inaros, Nidus.. 
But this is something you people probably never understand. Yes Chroma had it very easy with his buggy Vex Armor. It was bugged for 3 years. And just because DE thinks Eidolon hunting has to be the Meta now it had to be "fixed".
And again. NO Chroma would have said a single word if they would have at the very least only "fixed" his damage. Not his Armor. 
And so you can see what the problem was.
Double dipping, triple dipping. Often depending on the connection speed. 
Weapon damage + Mods * Vex Armor. Those then often applied on each elemental mod seperately again and again.
Through this those ridiculous numbers came to be. 
So the fix would have been easy. Just don't let it dip in multiple times. 
Now it is calculated like this for both his armor and weapon damage.
(Base rank 0 Weapon damage / Armor + Vex Armor) + Mods. 

Even Rhinos roar applies after mods properly and to top it off it also buffs abilities itself.

1 hour ago, Derethevil said:

I fixed things for you.
Chroma was never a good support Warframe. His current "buff" is mediocre at best. If you want it to be somewhat powerful you need to constantly hug him and stand next to him. Also he needs to stand still or run after you if you want that "buff". If it should stay like that they need to get rid of that range modifier, since everything but a strength and duration build is now cutting down his survivability even further. And if you play past Mercury, you will notice that as of now he can't properly tank anything reliable nor can he stand still for a moment to, as you call it, "buff" their teammates. If he does that in higher content he is getting grilled just as fast as other support Warframes.

Yes his damage. Here we go again. The one argument every damn fiddle plays the moment it realizes that someone asks to buff Chroma again. I can live without that damage buff as it was. Even if the current "buff" is really laughable. Instead of fixing it how they said, they completely changed the calculation for both his armor and his weapon damage.
Fixing it would have been fine. Even if they would only have touched his damage output like it is currently it would have been fine, but his survivability is at cardboard box armor right now.

And once more. Even writing it bigger for you.
I can oneshot Eidolon limbs and Eidolons itself WITHOUT any buffs or abilities that boost damage from a Warframe. Be it Trinity, Mag, Inaros, Nidus.. 
But this is something you people probably never understand. Yes Chroma had it very easy with his buggy Vex Armor. It was bugged for 3 years. And just because DE thinks Eidolon hunting has to be the Meta now it had to be "fixed".
And again. NO Chroma would have said a single word if they would have at the very least only "fixed" his damage. Not his Armor. 
And so you can see what the problem was.
Double dipping, triple dipping. Often depending on the connection speed. 
Weapon damage + Mods * Vex Armor. Those then often applied on each elemental mod seperately again and again.
Through this those ridiculous numbers came to be. 
So the fix would have been easy. Just don't let it dip in multiple times. 
Now it is calculated like this for both his armor and weapon damage.
(Base rank 0 Weapon damage / Armor + Vex Armor) + Mods. 

Even Rhinos roar applies after mods properly and to top it off it also buffs abilities itself.

Agreed. Base calculation of Chroma is very different from old one, but you forget that you can stack multiple Chroma's now.

Point is relying one skill, create those godly builds forcing to one single play style and influencing new players do the same. Then everyone just start to using, forcing DE to do something about. That's why I created the article. There's too many people playing Castanas Trin using a defect on damage reduction calculation and because of that, DE will have to step in. Happened with Rage/Quick Thinking, Galatine charged attack, Reflex Guard, Nova 4th, Saryn 4th, Excalibur 3rd, Chroma Vex, Ember 4th and currently Scoliac. 

I fear that we may experience a nerf in one of the best warframe in-game, and get a headache just like you with Chroma.

26 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Agreed. Base calculation of Chroma is very different from old one, but you forget that you can stack multiple Chroma's now.

Point is relying one skill, create those godly builds forcing to one single play style and influencing new players do the same. Then everyone just start to using, forcing DE to do something about. That's why I created the article. There's too many people playing Castanas Trin using a defect on damage reduction calculation and because of that, DE will have to step in. Happened with Rage/Quick Thinking, Galatine charged attack, Reflex Guard, Nova 4th, Saryn 4th, Excalibur 3rd, Chroma Vex, Ember 4th and currently Scoliac. 

I fear that we may experience a nerf in one of the best warframe in-game, and get a headache just like you with Chroma.

No one ever forced anyone to play Chroma like this. 
The only one forcing something now onto players is DE. They are forcing Chroma to be a weird (and very bad) support, teambuff tank hybrid. 
Look at Elemental Ward. They saw the problem it had and what did they do? Instead of fixing the real issue behind it, they implement a band-aid mod called Everlasting Ward.
Now the very same issue is something Vex Armor has. If it has to be forced to be more of a buff instead of his sole reason to survive things, then at make it work with this Augment.. 
And as i said. I am not one of those who are asking DE to give Chroma back his damage. No i just want my damn survivability back. I never saw a thread complaining about  Chroma's survivability. Only his damage output. 

So if anything they need to revert the armor buff from Vex Armor and make the Everlasting Ward Augment work with Vex Armor too if it has to be a damn buff for the team now. And stacking Vex Armor with multiple Chromas... What kind of Team composition would that be? Surely one or two in a Eidolon hunt.. but more than two? That doesn't work out properly. At least someone needs to watch over the lures. And if they want to have somewhat of a less headache due to millions of effects burning their retina they need someone also taking care of magentic effects so those Chromas also have the energy to buff themselves, if they don't want to waste 10-20 energy pizzas each Tridolon hunt. 

The recast thingy.. 
Before that was introduced it was the very balancing point for  his Vex Armor. That split second you weren't buffed and the time till it was ramped up again. That were the time where even he can be sniped down easily. Not to speak of the no-fun-allowed police called Nullifier or those skating lunatic Corpus thingies (Never were able to speak out their name properly.) 
Once they do that, a Chroma is dogfood. A Rhino? With a specific build they die the very second t hey touch his Iron Skin. And after that he simply recasts it. 

Whatever you bring up. Chroma wasn't buffed. Tweaked at most, but in depth it is a heavy nerf to both his survivability and his damage output and worst of all overall sole reason to exist in the Meta game. I discussed this multiple times already. Even a friend says this buffing thing is useless. If  you play it like you should so the buff does something decent you need to hug Chroma constantly. If he plays on range, his buff gets weaker and that moment a 0 Forma Rhino can buff you better instead of a 6 Forma Chroma. His EHP is at a mesely 44k. Where even a Nekros properly played outplays him with over 120k EHP. And we did not even talk about the stuff Nekros brings to the team. CC. Lockdown of a specific spot with his minions. Tankiness. More loot. Instant revives...
Or look at what you are trying to get nerfed. Even without that Aviator Mod Trinity has a effectively higher EHP than Chroma.

Edited by Derethevil

On 2018-05-14 at 6:35 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

That said, you realize you can nerf it yourself if you hate them so much - just run saryn with venom dose - cast spores on trin and she'll kill herself with every throw.

Lol seems like a good idea for trolling. Tho the ultimate troll against explosive weapons in general is Frost I guess with his sometimes almost invisible globe + in this case could "buff" the team with some bonus ice damage.

Tittle says it all. Decided to try out Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and all I was ever teamed up with was braindead Trinity players with their Sancti Castanas, clearing out the entire map.

Reasons:

1. It's unfun for those of us involved, since we're left with basically nothing to kill.

2. Requires no effort. Even Octavia requires more skill.

3. Trinity players that build for this BS of a tactic neglect their role as the support Warframe of the team. No Blessing, no Energy Vampire, just Link (with augment) and jumping in the same place, popping the Sancti Castanas

Solution: remove the ability to avoid self-damage by jumping and fix efficiency. Make it decay at a constant, non-increasing rate. Eventually players will hit a wall where they won't be able to kill everything

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I completely agree... after they fix the sanctuary efficiency drain. Until then, extreme cheesing is necessary for Elite Onslaught.