Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So word has it a Nerf to Saryn is coming. Surprise...

MattM01

So incoming Nerf to Saryn. D.E. have you ever thought that maybe that after a while people don't play re worked frames the first month after they are out b/c now most of us realize they will be nerfed? So instead of being excited about the re work we just wait to get mildly interested after the nerf to the rework?

I do too, it seemed so odd and out of place. Like hey it's a good working frame, lets change it around, make it op/get people excited, then let them down and nerf it worse than it was before the change. Yet like I said before the change it was a fun working frame.

1) What is being done to her has not been given any detail.  So assuming a nerf is pre mature.

2) even if she is nerfed she's still probably be fine.  If saryn's spore damage is nerfed it's still going to be really strong because of how extra damage works vs targets who are weak to corrosive and still have armor.  if toxin lash no longer procs toxin with every shot it still will probably be usable on guns.  Which is still a plus.

The biggest change I can think of that's been suggested is spores damage not going away instantly when there is no infected and instead it ticks down in damage till you infect someone again.  The post specifically mentions feedback suggestions.  The last time this happened was with khora and she got better.

It pains me to see how much DE refuses to understand the problem.

They keep changing frames, rebalancing weapons, still they scrapped Damage 3.0 ideas, they refuse to adjust enemy scaling and so and so on.

It's like a doctor that is giving painkillers to a dude with a broken limb instead of make a surgery on that limb, sooner or later the limb fixes, but crooked, then the doctor gets upset because the limb is crooked and wants to cut the bone to reposition it, and while he cuts the bone, an infection spread on the wound, so...painkillers, and the circle goes on and on and on.

18 минут назад, Nakrast сказал:

Pablo stated no his twitter that he doesn't like how utterly useless Saryn is in normal missions, and how utterly broken she is in Onslaught.
So, no, no nerfs, just rebalance.

how utterly broken she is in Onslaught.

Yes it is a ***ing nerf.

Stop sugarcoating it. No one cares about "mormal" missions because enemies under lv 50 die when you sneeze in their general direction regardless of your frames, mods and team setup that's why any frame is viable there and literally a couple past that mark, especially dps.

Contrary to popular opinion, DE are not seers or psychic, sometimes stuff gets over-tuned. Sometimes Stuff gets under-tuned (Khora)... it's part of the game evolution, it's always going to happen to some extent because DE don't have a weeks worth of gameplay on hypothetical stats changes... People need to just come to grips with it because it's a pointless topic to bother with.

3 hours ago, MattM01 said:

So incoming Nerf to Saryn. D.E. have you ever thought that maybe that after a while people don't play re worked frames the first month after they are out b/c now most of us realize they will be nerfed? So instead of being excited about the re work we just wait to get mildly interested after the nerf to the rework?

do you have any source for that?

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 6:36 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

It pains me to see how much DE refuses to understand the problem.

They keep changing frames, rebalancing weapons, still they scrapped Damage 3.0 ideas, they refuse to adjust enemy scaling and so and so on.

It's like a doctor that is giving painkillers to a dude with a broken limb instead of make a surgery on that limb, sooner or later the limb fixes, but crooked, then the doctor gets upset because the limb is crooked and wants to cut the bone to reposition it, and while he cuts the bone, an infection spread on the wound, so...painkillers, and the circle goes on and on and on.

Generally speaking, surgery is not necessary for broken limbs. At most you'll need a cast or splint.

How can they be expected to balance enemies if our own capabilities aren't nailed down first? When you're developing a game, you settle on what the player character can do, then design enemies around that. Doing it the other way around is a fool's errand.

Edited by Corvid

I don't think DE understand their own game. Tenno are supposed to be powerful warriors, yet when we get any power from a warframe, DE nerfs it. I'm starting to think that this is another game that's not meant for fun and more about finding things that are cool just so the devs can change it. Kinda luck a hunt of some kind. This "nerf" or whatever they are doing to Saryn just goes to show that DE wants us to play the game THEIR way and not our own unique way. 

(Tbh, DE is becoming the new Bungie)

Edited by (XB1)CFE Jackipanda

25 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Generally speaking, surgery is not necessary for broken limbs. At most you'll need a cast or splint.

How can they be expected to balance enemies if our own capabilities aren't nailed down first? When you're developing a game, you settle on what the player character can do, then design enemies around that. Doing it the other way around is a fools errand.

Hello to another dude that doesn't read.

What I said is that DE instead of using cast or splint gives a painkiller, then it have to do surgery because they didn't address the problem immediately.

And actually not, in Warframe the enemies are the fixed things, because they add new Warframe and powers every 3 months more or less.

You can't balance on what you add, you must balance what you add to what stays fixed.

What you say work for a God Of War, a Devil May Cry, because you have one character around which you build the game and you don't plan to add others during its lifetime.

Sometimes you have ideas, but most of those times it's best you don't forward and apply those ideas because you never took the time to properly test if they will work out in a proper game enviroment. The current Saryn rework is one of those ideas.

Saryn was already good. The spore turret playstyle was not that efficient and didn't realy need to go completely as some neat synergy is lost, but w/e it wasn't that big anyway. All Saryn needed was making Molt not disintegrate the moment you cast it in front of enemies and Toxic lash working with all weapons as well as a small range boost to Miasma. Everything else was unnecessary clutter that now made her so broken she's up for a "REBALANCE" and if previous REBALANCES are anything to go from, I dont' like this one bit.

Play your damn game more DE and NOT in the Simulacrum, do actual missions next time, thanks.

Can't nerf Spores. It's already useless as it is. ANYTHING they do to Spores would be an improvement. Up to and including removing the ability, heh.

Molt nerf? Not likely. Not OP, but now has good utility. Scales appropriately. One of the few abilities that does in Warframe.

Toxic Lash nerf? Not unless I missed some meta to make it OP. Decent addition to all weapons, but limited time to require recast constantly. In my opinion, still not a "valued" ability, except in certain tactical situations (like all melee in OS ESO).

Miasma nerf? Yeah, possibly, but doubtful. OP AF on lower levels, but does cotton candy damage on higher level mobs. Scaling broken AF.

Armor nerf? As the only change to the main frame, yeah, I can see this getting hit. Seriously, without trying I run a 630 armor now. When I max built for armor, I was able to hit 1775 (For those that don't know the math on armor, it has diminishing returns on damage reduction. 1300 maxes the actual gain, with anything over 700 not really being worth it unless you have nothing else to mod. Easy equation is Armor / (Armor+300) = Damage Reduction). [There's more to armor than that, but I'm leaving it simple. So leave me alone math nerds 🤪]

So they can't really nerf this change. They -can- fix it though.

It sad cus I was starting to like the changes done to her. I mean, yes, she did take a pretty big hit in normal missions (defense on hydron with her in a squad felt a little pointless; wasn't doing much of anything than before), and yes her performance in Onslaught is mind blowing but broken to the point where the game mode itself feels boring to do (squading up is pointless when you could just solo faster), but god dammit man... I hope it's not too bad... it will defiantly be some kind of nerf (spore damage reduced, spore duration returns, range reduced; something like that).

8 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Can't nerf Spores. It's already useless as it is.

Have you tried her in Sanctuary onslaught? Her Spores are mindblowing (10,000 dmg tick mindblowing).

Her Spores before the rework were a Defense/Survival Mission Machine with instant map wide Viral procs. 

6 hours ago, MattM01 said:

Actually you're lucky that way. You don't get to be disappointed. The frames are already re worked broken op then broken under powered and called "balanced". Oh well it happens.

You would expect that but it has every appearance that BotS went to CERT after PC got some very valuable updates to spawns and AI pathing but these changes are not on console yet. 

2 minutes ago, djcubed4 said:

Have you tried her in Sanctuary onslaught? Her Spores are mindblowing (10,000 dmg tick mindblowing).

Her Spores before the rework were a Defense/Survival Mission Machine with instant map wide Viral procs. 

Yes, I have. I did better with her old build than her new. If you're waiting for damage to tic in EOS, you're going to slow. 10k a tic takes time to build up and I kill enemies too fast for that to happen. I prefer to actually kill the enemies quickly, not just hide and wait while Efficiency counts down.

So, 10k a tic after waiting while cutting armor on enemies that really don't have any (not like we didn't have CP before this rework), or the old method of 1.5k a tic out the gate with cutting health in half, with a far better spread mechanism....

Her Spores before could be used to wipe low level maps, but they started to shine on higher level, single target and small groups by cutting their health in half so Saryn could slice through them faster with melee (and Toxic Lash) when they got too close. Also was a great counter to Ancient Healers on high levels (that utility gone now). Everyone is so hyped over the 50% status chance over 10% status chance on Spores when the old system spread so fast that 10% was still basically a 100% chance. Hell, even with Corrosive instead of Viral, I'd rather have Viral, or even Toxin, over Corrosive. Yay! I took the armor down 55% before I killed it....oh wait....the squad was running with CP so that's 55% of zero.....

So yeah, new Spores are useless.