Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames aren't a waste of space in Elite Onslaught?

What frames are actually useful in the current Eilte Onslaught meta?  What frames make your teammates glad to have you instead of thinking "Why did he bring that frame?  Now I have to carry him?"

EV Trinity (everyone needs energy), Nuke Trinity (obvious reasons), Equinox (can actually outdamage Nuke Trinity once she gets the ball rolling) ... I'm struggling to think of anything else.  Does Saryn do the job?  Console doesn't have the Saryn rework yet.

This depends on the tileset.  The best equinox will not ever out DPS a well played Nuke trin (at least not below wave 16) - but I'm not a fan of either unless its tiles that require cheese like last weeks poor spawns on zone 7 & 8.

With this weeks easy ESO I have done 50%or more of the total team damage with:

• Volt
  • Gara
  • Rhino
  • Saryn
  • Nezha
  • Zephyr
  • Octavia
  • Oberon
  • Equinox (duality NOT maim)
  • Mag

I've also easily solo'd this weeks with Volt and saryn, obviously nuke trin is trivial to do so I didn't bother trying that.

Of course in addition to not having PC saryn yet, we also still have unlimited melee punch through. Melee weapons with broken rivens are just broken 😉

As for what frames I want to see? I actually generally don't care so long as its not a Trinity (Nuke trin I'm just "ok" with having and if I'm running volt generally manage to keep within 10% of her damage.  EV trin is just dead space as far as I'm concerned as I run my ESO builds assuming there will be no trinity. So if its a power hungry frame, I ensure I have 8 or so excess capacity to start each wave with a little more energy, and run double arcane energize.  If its not an energy pig, I through any old arcanes on.

My favorite frame to run now is probably Venom Dose Saryn in the event a nuke trin decides to wander into my pub mission thinking they're all that and a bag of chips.  Usually they'll rage quit before the end of the first wave.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

This depends on the tileset.  The best equinox will not ever out DPS a well played Nuke trin (at least not below wave 16) - but I'm not a fan of either unless its tiles that require cheese like last weeks poor spawns on zone 7 & 8.

With this weeks easy ESO I have done 50%or more of the total team damage with:

• Volt
  • Gara
  • Rhino
  • Saryn
  • Nezha
  • Zephyr
  • Octavia
  • Oberon
  • Equinox (duality NOT maim)
  • Mag

I've also easily solo'd this weeks with Volt and saryn, obviously nuke trin is trivial to do so I didn't bother trying that.

Of course in addition to not having PC saryn yet, we also still have unlimited melee punch through. Melee weapons with broken rivens are just broken 😉

As for what frames I want to see? I actually generally don't care so long as its not a Trinity (Nuke trin I'm just "ok" with having and if I'm running volt generally manage to keep within 10% of her damage.  EV trin is just dead space as far as I'm concerned as I run my ESO builds assuming there will be no trinity. So if its a power hungry frame, I ensure I have 8 or so excess capacity to start each wave with a little more energy, and run double arcane energize.  If its not an energy pig, I through any old arcanes on.

My favorite frame to run now is probably Venom Dose Saryn in the event a nuke trin decides to wander into my pub mission thinking they're all that and a bag of chips.  Usually they'll rage quit before the end of the first wave.

Inaros is like the God of onslaught IMO

5 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Anyone with a Polearm/Staff/Whip

I like Wukong in particular for this.  Defy allows me to range away from the main group to find stimulus when it is needed and get the stragglers the nuke frames don't get.  Additionally, when someone goes down I can revive them without going operator to keep earning Focus. I also suggest going with Naramon for the Focus bonus and the slow melee multiplier degradation.  It doesn't take long to get a x3 multiplier going and with Maiming Strike you can clear enemies pretty well on your own.

3 hours ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Inaros is like the God of onslaught IMO

inaros is good at surviving but he's not that fast of a killer, but for the most part everyone is a waste of space other than nuke Trinity,  she wipes out the map as fast as they appear on the screen.   It very likely will be eventually nerfed but for now she's best in mode.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

no frame is totally useless, but in a mode where killing as fast as possible with no regard for anything else is the objective, it's only natural that DPS and AoE attacks rule the roost. Mesa, Saryn, Nova, Equinox and of course, Castanuke Trin are all frequent sightings in ESO. behind that, CC is also somewhat important, to which Volt is typically used. the only frames I'd refrain from bringing into Onslaught, even with Meta Weapons, are Atlas and Nidus, because Conduits really punish those frames by reducing Rubble/Stacks respectively. not a fan of having energy reset between Conduits either, but that can be remedied in an instant with Zenurik, whereas Rubble and Stacks take time to acquire. time which you should be using to kill things.

Tank frames like Wukong and Inaros make for good team medics, though I'd argue Rhino works better as he can also buff the team. it's all about damage output, so any frame that can positively affect that is always going to be picked over a frame that can't. that said, it's wise for a team to have 2 DPSs, a medic/tank and a CC. this setup is reliable in my experience.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no frame is totally useless, but in a mode where killing as fast as possible with no regard for anything else is the objective, it's only natural that DPS and AoE attacks rule the roost. Mesa, Saryn, Nova, Equinox and of course, Castanuke Trin are all frequent sightings in ESO. behind that, CC is also somewhat important, to which Volt is typically used. the only frames I'd refrain from bringing into Onslaught, even with Meta Weapons, are Atlas and Nidus, because Conduits really punish those frames by reducing Rubble/Stacks respectively. not a fan of having energy reset between Conduits either, but that can be remedied in an instant with Zenurik, whereas Rubble and Stacks take time to acquire. time which you should be using to kill things.

Tank frames like Wukong and Inaros make for good team medics, though I'd argue Rhino works better as he can also buff the team. it's all about damage output, so any frame that can positively affect that is always going to be picked over a frame that can't. that said, it's wise for a team to have 2 DPSs, a medic/tank and a CC. this setup is reliable in my experience.

Limbo

7 hours ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

I see a lot of Saryn, Volt, Equinox and the like but for EZ mode is gotta be Mesa... No other WF can walk into a large room look from left to right and everything dies.

12 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

What frames are actually useful in the current Eilte Onslaught meta?  What frames make your teammates glad to have you instead of thinking "Why did he bring that frame?  Now I have to carry him?"

EV Trinity (everyone needs energy), Nuke Trinity (obvious reasons), Equinox (can actually outdamage Nuke Trinity once she gets the ball rolling) ... I'm struggling to think of anything else.  Does Saryn do the job?  Console doesn't have the Saryn rework yet.

+range, +Duration Capacitance Volt.

-Overshields for the squad

-Map lockdown with damage

-modest “Speed 2” Squad boosting to get to enemies quicker

^I’m currently stacking a Supra Vandal with Riven WITH Syndicate mod ENTROPY for Mag-PRoC bomb with replenish and Viral status to cut their health in half.

Caveat:  need to further test against ESO survivability.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

7 hours ago, Naftal said:

Any frame that doesn't kill and doesn't bring a weapon that's good for killing. Supporting is not a real role in onslaught unless you're going for endurance run and not a rotation.

Hmmmm, this brings to mind my Nova + Amprex combo.  I might have to try that out just for fun.  

8 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

inaros is good at surviving but he's not that fast of a killer, but for the most part everyone is a waste of space other than nuke Trinity,  she wipes out the map as fast as they appear on the screen.   It very likely will be eventually nerfed but for now she's best in mode.

Scarab swarm discharge works well when you have the right build. It constantly spreads with enough range and duration.

I just grab mummyframe and Dave.

Dave is a Tempo Royale heavy blade Dohkram strike with a Shtung grip and Vargeet Jai 2 links set up with viral coupled with an Exodia Hunt. Its range rivals most polearms and with all the slams involed with tempo I'm generally pulling everything to me as I move around the map.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

IMO not IYO

Sorry if my play style isn't like yours

You must not understand the Gif... it is a "shh, dont say that". 

As in.. anytime we have something good.. DE takes it away.