Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace John Bain, TotalBiscuit.

ChaoticEdge

Absolutely not.

While you may think this is great and respectful, it is not always what the family of the deceased or what the deceased would want or would have wanted.

While it is probably suggested and could be done with good intentions, this can also be seen by others as using someone's death to spur interest in the medium, just like movies and films which make a big fuss out of the death of an actor who used to or has appeared in the film or songs supposedly written for a recent departed relative.

It is a nice gesture but some things should just stay private and not immortalised by becoming a permanent feature in an entertainment avenue.

With The recent passing of totalbiscuit it would be great in The future if DE could included a temple or ritual site either on relay or a planet to pay respect to all our fallen warriors.

Edited by (PS4)gullvy

No thank you. Although this is a tragedy, I do feel it is irrelevant to this game and unnecessary. Experience the loss with your friends and loved ones, not some internet shrine.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

No.

We dont play games to remember the dead, we play games to get away from real life. Even if you think a memoriam would be good, it could still impact others with negative feelings since it could remind them of loved ones they have lost that they would rather try and forget.

Personally I wouldnt care, but I do understand how some people could because we all handle death in very different ways. Some people cant read the epitaphs of newspapers because it reminds them of what they have lost, a memoriam in a game would be the exact same.

If you need to handle the death of someone (in this case apparently someone you dont even know or probably have never met) do it alone or with likeminded people irl.

Edited by SneakyErvin

6 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Either that, or maybe a secret little memorial spot hidden somewhere in a tileset. Maybe even on the new open world area. I'd love to stumble onto something like that. Hell, maybe put both ideas together: A secret spot that, if you find it, you get a glyph.

And you find an item: A biscuit using a tophat.

As much as I hate limbo, I shall move on from the hatred to pay my respects to him. we Tenno owed him a great deal for helping spread the name Warframe and if it wasn't for him, there was a chance that Warframe never saw the light of day. may the Void guide us in times like these. may I grief with you fellow Tenno

3 hours ago, Ezbior said:

More than anyone else TB had a massive part in keeping warframe alive when it was in its infancy. Rebecca said there was a very clear point in warframe, one before TB, and one after.

That's what I'd like to know. Outside of the two videos he did. How was he involved? What am I missing? If he is this mythic, essential personality in the game, then how come I did not hear of his exploits before now. No. I am honestly curious, what did he do. Because when I think of a significant figure for Warframe I think DK, Shy, Potato, OmniVoice. But TB? How?

Edited by VadiseReikaz

7 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

That's what I'd like to know. Outside of the two videos he did. How was he involved? What am I missing? If he is this mythic, essential personality in the game, then how come I did not hear of his exploits before now. No. I am honestly curious, what did he do. Because when I think of a significant figure for Warframe I think DK, Shy, Potato, OmniVoice. But TB? How?

Difference being that potatoe, Shy et. al. are not big YouTubers. Outside of the Warframe community, no one has heard about them. TB was the first (and still pretty much only) big name YouTuber with a large following, that decided to cover Warframe when it was still new.

Everyone knows that publicity is one of the most important things in marketing. When the developers says the game wouldn't have been the same without TB, that's what they mean. He gave the game a lot of publicity, and a lot of new players, at at time when it was still new and really needed that. 

On Topic: Let's leave the memorial out. It could very quickly become misunderstood and seen as not very respectful to family and friends of the deceased. 

What makes TotalBiscuit so special?

Ow, he made interesting Youtube content.

I am sorry, but it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth that someone ''famous'' must die before we care about paying respect to the dead. Why not show some love and dedication to the person or people who are there for you, every day to support you? Why do we glorify some celebrity if we should glorify those who love us instead.

If you feel strong feelings about this particular celebrity, that is completely fine. Everyone was all running in tears when Michael Jackson passed away, but in the end, it are those standing next to you who matter the most. Give them some love while they live.

Edited by Mayahai

3 hours ago, Jade-Lion said:

Truely a loss for our community as Tenno and as gamers in general.

I got into warframe because of his review it and have been watching his content since 2011 or so.

Does anyone know if DE will be holding an in game moment of silence or releasing a black arm band cosmetic? Though given the impact that TB had on warframe perhaps a specialty shrine decoration might be more appropriate.

It is a strange thing to consider that video gaming is still such a young form of media that as a group gamers aren't used to IRL death being a part of our community and how it affects the video game social landscape. On the other hand TB was five years younger than I am so perhaps my perspective on all this is a bit off.

May we all heal in time and never forget.

I imagine they'll do something once they've had some time. Given that the game might not exist without him, and how hard the news seemed to hit DE based on the Prime Time, I can only imagine he was really important to them too.

He brought so many people to this game, at a time DE had put all their chips in on the table and was hoping and praying for success. They haven't forgotten his contribution.

If it werent for TB I would have never heard of Warframe, hell I might have not been playing videogames anymore. His WTF series made me once again interested in vg. When someone younger then you dies, it makes you stop for a moment and rethink your life. I'm sitting at work literally shocked. But this post is not about me. You were great reviewer, champion of consumer friendly practices and from what I heard also a great husband and father. Thank you Mr.John Bain for everything...

I have been playing this game since the very beginning I am one of the founders that invested in the game wen the program was introduced and I’m in love with how kind and passionate the community has evolved into late to my knowledge a big and old name in the youtube community John Bain AKA TOTALBISCUIT has passed away this individual was influential in warframes playerbase and community development the community paid there respects by traveling to the Mercury relay and Nealing I front of the center statue. I propose that we redesign the center statue in honor of John bain I am not the first to think of this as shows this wonderful person posted 

but I propose that we design a statue unique to no warframe in the game what I mean is that design should solely be based on Totalbiscuit most used warframe (or gear if you want) and redesign as a special unique model for the warframe used fore the statue I I love it for everyone willing to contribute to submit a drawing of what they think the designed statue should look like and for everyone to comment on what should be included share this with people you think would love to contribute and with the DE’s thank you