The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is Prime Excalibur?

12 hours ago, CultOfPersonality said:

Is it more of a status symbol frame to show people you're a founder or are they wanted end game for things?

It's a bit difficult to ''demand'' Excalibur Prime for actual mission purposes.. when everyone knows that very, very few nowadays have him, there is a reason he's not a straight up ''no questions asked'' superior upgrade to Excalibur.. imagine how pissed of you would be if you get refused from joining a mission.. because you have Excalibur and not the obviously superior Excalibur Prime they wanted.

There is no way to get him, thus it would be completely asinine to make him into the logical upgrade to Excalibur that most of the primes are to their normal counterparts.

The only good thing about having an excal prime is the feeling you get from looking down on everyone else who doesn't have it. 

The actual frame itself is mediocre, just like excal himself. But considering that this game is all about fashion, playing with something that looks good makes you feel good, but then I guess it comes back to the first thing I said. 

8 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

The only good thing about having an excal prime is the feeling you get from looking down on everyone else who doesn't have it. 

The actual frame itself is mediocre, just like excal himself. But considering that this game is all about fashion, playing with something that looks good makes you feel good, but then I guess it comes back to the first thing I said. 

Careful, that is why so many people nowadays hate seeing that frame, and why you have so many founders who won't hesitate to share the kind of responses they typically get when they use those things. Now I could be misreading the context of your sentence there, but it sounds awfully close to a ''better then thou'' mentality.

there originally was a rumor that excal prime had a faster shield recharge but that was never proven correct and debunked at a later time. Other than the 25 armor increase (which is what? like 3% DR or something?) there isn't much. With umbra coming out, they can potentially look at excalp again and maybe adjust to match umbra. (as far as we know, umbra's stats would be the same as the chinese version with the same armor buff and 50 extra energy). Unlikely, but I hope the do it, would be a visual face lift for excal prime. I hope they do it so that he can actually look prime..

43 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

there originally was a rumor that excal prime had a faster shield recharge but that was never proven correct and debunked at a later time. Other than the 25 armor increase (which is what? like 3% DR or something?) there isn't much. With umbra coming out, they can potentially look at excalp again and maybe adjust to match umbra. (as far as we know, umbra's stats would be the same as the chinese version with the same armor buff and 50 extra energy). Unlikely, but I hope the do it, would be a visual face lift for excal prime. I hope they do it so that he can actually look prime..

I think when Umbra releases, DE should probably be able to adjust Excal Prime without a problem, since at that point we all get Umbra as our own upgrade to Excal, ideally they may want to make sure Excal Prime and Umbra remain identical in stats, so that Prime is essentially a Founders exclusive sidegrade to Umbra, and also allowing the wider audience to finally get something beyond base Excal.

It probably won't stop OCD collectors from complaining about Prime, but for the rest of us, I reckon it takes out the annoyance at still having nothing but stock Excal.

Personally I've never worried about Excal Prime too much, sure, I regret not having him, since I did have the chance, for a decent while, to upgrade to Hunter, but I don't resent those that do have him. Unless off course someone with Excal Prime is specifically making it a point to taunt others about what he has that we don't. I was slightly getting that vibe from @White_Matter's post above for example.

Like someone said it's status but on the other hand it is also the fact that people purchased those founder packs that Kept Warframe going and is the reason Warframe is loved and played by so many people. So when I see someone playing in a game and they are using Excalibur prime or The Lato Prime I want to thank them b/c without their contribution and others like them who bought a founders pack back in the day, we wouldn't be playing Warframe today. It is always cool to see it being played b/c it's rare to see in action and again it's a symbol of what helped save Warframe from ending. So to the founders who bought the founders package, thank you.

15 hours ago, CultOfPersonality said:

Is it more of a status symbol frame to show people you're a founder or are they wanted end game for things?

It's a status symbol and nobody wants him for end game things.

Don't know why we had to complicate the answer with all the other stuff...

Edited by Goodwill

3 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

He so good that the only way to get it is to go back in time when DE release it.

I heard that if you have him. Your ego lvl increase by ten fold and other player just droll all over you.

I heard if you say his name 3 times in a mirror, he’ll appear and throw salt in your eyes. Then run off run off yelling try and catch me! But you can’t. Only Marty McFly can. 

He has 25 more armor, an aura polarity and an additional mod polarity. That's literally it.

He's also ugly as sin so he doesn't even have a fashion advantage. Especially now that we have the Dex skin.

Edited by Guest

Conclusions I draw from this thread:

1) There are players who pay a lot more attention to other players frames and loadouts than I do.

2) There are players who thinks that everyone else are paying close attention to what frame and loadout you bring on a mission.

Me, I won't drool over your Excalibur Prime, not because I don't want the frame, but because I'll never notice you actually own it or brought it with you on a mission.

The only benefit that Exal Prime has over Excal is the additional Mastery Points. As the 25 extra energy is pretty tepid.

So it really offers no significant benefit. Unless you absolutist have to be at the bleeding edge of MR at all times. In which case you are out of luck if you missed out on the Founder items. But even then MR really stops being a real issue at around 16 or 18ish, I forget what Rivens cap out on. And you can get to MR 20+ pretty easy without the nominal XP from founder items. 

Excal prime is not really an upgrade only slightly better than the regular one. The problems are told many times on these threads but this will continue in the next years too because it is not finished at all. I am not really pay attention on who using what frames till they can do it effectively. 

6 hours ago, Lanadra said:

Careful, that is why so many people nowadays hate seeing that frame, and why you have so many founders who won't hesitate to share the kind of responses they typically get when they use those things. Now I could be misreading the context of your sentence there, but it sounds awfully close to a ''better then thou'' mentality.

I was semi joking, but I couldn't care less about what others think or which frame they hate. The more people hate it, the more I want to rub it in.

Best thing to do is to get over the fact that there can be exclusive items in any game and a select number of people will have them. I never understood why a lot of people are being babies about it and demaning to have something that  was only meant for a certain group of people who supported the game early on to have.

Edited by White_Matter

10 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I was semi joking, but I couldn't care less about what others think or which frame they hate. The more people hate it, the more I want to rub it in.

Best thing to do is to get over the fact that there can be exclusive items in any game and a select number of people will have them. I never understood why a lot of people are being babies about it and demaning to have something that  was only meant for a certain group of people who supported the game early on to have.

We need more people like you

I feel that people are missing the fact that if it was not for the people who bought the founders pack, you wouldn't be playing Warframe today. The people who bought the founders pack saved D.E. and Warframe.