Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

all I've got to say is that this should become one of his alt skins or even his deluxe skin or something similar to this https://9gag.com/gag/aR32Z8y (side note the artist is listed in the title of the 9gag post,the drawing was not warframe related, is dark souls related to the abyss watchers however i think that it would fit "vlad" seeing it has a dark, gloomy and death theme to it which is what i feel like de is trying to incorporate with "vlad")

Abyss boy (by Pureadimelograno)

On 2018-06-06 at 12:01 PM, ShadowExodus said:

Amps use sentient parts and they amplify void beams by operators (along with the sentient-like aesthetic). If that can exist what's wrong with a warframe built around using sentient energy against sentients.

You're not wrong there.  Although that also makes me question why the amps can bend void energy when it's toxic to sentients.  But nonetheless, you're right on that

My only issue with him is the flame that is glowing between his legs... it felts like... emphasizing something...  

It would be perfect for me if that flame is moved to his right shoulder or simply move up to the centre of his chest.

On the game play style wise... meh, nothing is too complicated, there is always a good and easy frame, and opposite to that would be a complicated frame, so I am perfectly fine with what it is for now.

4 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

You're not wrong there.  Although that also makes me question why the amps can bend void energy when it's toxic to sentients.  But nonetheless, you're right on that

We don't actually use Sentient cores in the amps, we use metals and gems, not even the Eidolon Gems. Now, could the amps be based on Sentient gear? The huge Sentient arm that looks like a giant stone Shwaak suggests so; but the materials used, and descriptions don't say so. Could the metals be twisted from Sentient energies totally as suggested in a theory in the Thousand Year Fish codex picture captions but nothing confirms this. Something we do use Sentient parts in? Some of Quill Onkko's Virtuos and Magus enhancements do use Eidolon Shards in their construction.

im just hoping he gets more laser/blaster kit abilities added like how edilons do or even the generic batalyst concalysts work 

when i did a warframe concept for a sentient i had always thought the blasters, or powers sentients sued would be fun, shooting lasers ect 

Spoiler

DcITZk-V0AAZZLj.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Now most of us know that “Vlad” the vampiric/eidolon warframe is being reworked before his release because he wasn’t original and eidolon enough. So I would like to get some ideas for his abilities out there and raise awareness for these ideas and perhaps our want for a quest. Now these are my ideas.

1st ability: cast a pulse of eidolon energy infront of you, granting a 15% base chance of siphoning health or energy, and afflicts enemies with eidolon energy (making them your slaves when they die). Affected by power range, efficiency, and strength.

2nd ability: pull enemies around you to your location and hold them in place for a duration. Affected by ability range and duration.

3rd ability: summon small vombulysts that will attack enemies and will restore a small amount of health on death. Affected by ability strength and duration.

4th ability: summon an electrical storm within a certain radius calling lightning upon your enemies. Affected by ability range, efficiency,  duration, and power.

Please tell me your thoughts and ideas.

Problem: This Warframe has two abilities right now that are counter productive, the abilities are his 1 and 3. I believe his 3 is a spreading affliction of mind control While this does sound cool I believe that using the 1 takes far too long for it to become useful to Vlad, as frames like Saryn and Equinox will clean up the map fairly, complete interrupting this ability. The cloud(2) that takes over all units however is much more effective because it can be done in a swift blow unlike the insidious effects Vlad's 1st ability, it allows you to take control of all units in a swift blow.

How to Fix: For Vlad's 1, in order for people to "cease fire" this ability should provide power strength that constantly stacks until the units explode, then a duration countdown will begin after the explosion for remaining power strength. As soon as said duration hits zero, the buff disperses. Range duration and power strength will all affect this ability. Vlad's health regen will increase over time as well per unit afflicted. (This can simply be changed to a whole new ability like vampire bites to increase health regen for x seconds (duration% & powerstrgth%). This ability has a very low health cost as well.

Second Ability problem: Ability forces you to use quick thinking/hunter adren/rage combo against higher enemies for survival. (Increasing shields and health may be pointless against level 100s unless his health and shields are beyond the normal amounts (5k ea with no armor).

Second ability Fix: I think it is a great Idea to implement this as a quick casting damage ability. One of my first propositions should be to cause ranged ticking (affliction) that drains enemy health into yours based off of (powerstr%). (health cost to cast has a negative reward unless you are hitting 5+ units or have high effic%)

3rd ability should be okay Where it is.

Fourth ability rework idea: Vlad/Revenant emits a massive siphon motion while channeling, he drains the health of nearby units (range%) and proceed to increase various stats permanently during the mission (power strength, energy, shields, not health, maybe even gun stats! etc...). This scaling would be VERY SLOW. Units have slower animations and movement speed! (Vlad cannot move while channeling (animation))

Passive: Vlad should have 20k health with no armor or negative armor, his passive should be powerstrength% increases and is additive (mods multiply to additive) with health (constant damage deters this and requires you to output constant damage. Also the base power strength should be low. This is VERY COMPLEX but would suit a health vampire frame. Also Vlad has little to no health regeneration

Ideas: The talk of Kuva is on this forum post, I think it would make sense to require Kuva to build Vlad (life force/vampire relationship).

In the end Vlad's Kit requires him to constantly drain health to increase his stats, he is an insidious frame like Nidus and requires health to emit power strength. This makes his 1 necessary for health maintenance as units can still damage him while he is stationary and channeling His 2 is his damage output and his 3 is the same. His 4 increases his stats SLOWLY overtime but requires health for power strength which he loses upon being shot. Basically his whole Kit is used nicely. He does not use energy as sentients are "allergic" to void energy, and is a parasite draining the energy of his victims like a real vampire.

9 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Problem: This Warframe has two abilities right now that are counter productive, the abilities are his 1 and 3. I believe his 3 is a spreading affliction of mind control While this does sound cool I believe that using the 1 takes far too long for it to become useful to Vlad, as frames like Saryn and Equinox will clean up the map fairly, complete interrupting this ability. The cloud(2) that takes over all units however is much more effective because it can be done in a swift blow unlike the insidious effects Vlad's 1st ability, it allows you to take control of all units in a swift blow.

How to Fix: For Vlad's 1, in order for people to "cease fire" this ability should provide power strength that constantly stacks until the units explode, then a duration countdown will begin after the explosion for remaining power strength. As soon as said duration hits zero, the buff disperses. Range duration and power strength will all affect this ability. Vlad's health regen will increase over time as well per unit afflicted. (This can simply be changed to a whole new ability like vampire bites to increase health regen for x seconds (duration% & powerstrgth%). This ability has a very low health cost as well.

Second Ability problem: Ability forces you to use quick thinking/hunter adren/rage combo against higher enemies for survival. (Increasing shields and health may be pointless against level 100s unless his health and shields are beyond the normal amounts (5k ea with no armor).

Second ability Fix: I think it is a great Idea to implement this as a quick casting damage ability. One of my first propositions should be to cause ranged ticking (affliction) that drains enemy health into yours based off of (powerstr%). (health cost to cast has a negative reward unless you are hitting 5+ units or have high effic%)

3rd ability should be okay Where it is.

Fourth ability rework idea: Vlad/Revenant emits a massive siphon motion while channeling, he drains the health of nearby units (range%) and proceed to increase various stats permanently during the mission (power strength, energy, shields, not health, maybe even gun stats! etc...). This scaling would be VERY SLOW. Units have slower animations and movement speed! (Vlad cannot move while channeling (animation))

Passive: Vlad should have 20k health with no armor or negative armor, his passive should be powerstrength% increases and is additive (mods multiply to additive) with health (constant damage deters this and requires you to output constant damage. Also the base power strength should be low. This is VERY COMPLEX but would suit a health vampire frame. Also Vlad has little to no health regeneration

Ideas: The talk of Kuva is on this forum post, I think it would make sense to require Kuva to build Vlad (life force/vampire relationship).

In the end Vlad's Kit requires him to constantly drain health to increase his stats, he is an insidious frame like Nidus and requires health to emit power strength. This makes his 1 necessary for health maintenance as units can still damage him while he is stationary and channeling His 2 is his damage output and his 3 is the same. His 4 increases his stats SLOWLY overtime but requires health for power strength which he loses upon being shot. Basically his whole Kit is used nicely. He does not use energy as sentients are "allergic" to void energy, and is a parasite draining the energy of his victims like a real vampire.

These are really great ideas. The reliance of health draining in combat really gives it that vampiric feel, though it should probably also feel like the frame’s other eidolon inspiration as well.

4 hours ago, (XB1)EDGELORD ACE said:

These are really great ideas. The reliance of health draining in combat really gives it that vampiric feel, though it should probably also feel like the frame’s other eidolon inspiration as well.

That was the hard part people were thinking to make them two separate frames because they are VERY BIG concepts. But I tried to make it as unique as I could for Vlad. A all around kit usage by recovering health and therefore power strength like a real vampire, stealing the lives of others.

Edited by Vladimir

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

That was the hard part people were thinking to make them two separate frames because they are VERY BIG concepts. But I tried to make it ans unique as I could for Vlad. A all around kit usage by recovering health and therefore power strength like a real vampire, stealing the lives of others.

When you put it like that, it makes a lot more sense. 

Do you think he will visually change?
How do you think his abilities have changed?
Do you think he will be shown at tennocon?
Do you think he will be tied to Tau or be connected to the new Eidolons?
Do you think he will release soon "like next month soon" or do you think he will release in 444years?

Personally i think his wisps might be changed to be a bit more like the Teralysts. 
     I think they will probably go the route of trying to combine two abilities to make room for a more offensive one.
     I think they will show some progress of him, but I think it will be short as hes not the main focus.
     Prob going to release with the new Eidolons. They have been in development for awhile and I think it was Scott that said Vlad was so close to being done that they didn't want to do a big quest for him. Would be a good way to release him quicker while also giving the new Eidolon a reason to fight it.

I think the end of next month would be possible, but realistically between august and September sounds more correct. If I remember correctly that was around when POE launched so it would make a cool POE anniversary thing.

Edited by KubrowTamer

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Just color him red with yellow accents.

You see, I am a sentient connoisseur. I shall be sporting "altho a slightly altered" close to default color scheme and pakal armor for max sentient fashion.

Edited by KubrowTamer

I just hope that Vlad frame have more vampire powers then eidelon,because if they give him some lasers and explosives its like little kid trying to bee creative for his power and that would be just ridiculous 😁 And it will bee nace to have 1 extra alt helmet that dont look like some wizard or Kogu.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you think it more fitting if he got a page like manachord where thralls’ ai could be customized? 

Rows of selectable target types, conditions and actions to prioritize like Dragon Age or FF12 had.

I’d prefer to see it on an infested minion master. Maybe for Nekros Umbra.

When I saw him I really liked his 4. I imagine it would be so  epic to just command a bunch of enemies to fall to their knees like that. It has a great sinister sense of power to it and some one needs this ability. Seriously I don't care if you give it to Nyx or make a separate kneeling based frame it looked fun