Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

So with what we have been shown so far of Revanant seems to not be very "Eidolony", his powers just seem to be a mash of warframes and be a replacement frame for Nyx. I have always wanted a sentient frame but now I'm just disappointed with what has been shown. 

Here is what I would do if I could make revanants abilities:

P: would just be a +50% resistance to tau damage

1: would just select an area and teleport you too it (sort of like Reaper if you have ever played Overwatch) 

2: fire a ball into the air that would act like a sentry that would fire blue bolts at attackers

3: Summon a bunch of Vomvalysts that would heal you by sacrificing their health 

4: would be like Mags polorize but more powerful and act like a mix of the Eidolons howl when you break a limb and it would knock down attackers like the Eidolons stomp

This is just what I think would make a lot more sense but it would also make room to rework and fix Nyx as well

Edited by Waterbeacon

On 2018-07-15 at 1:28 AM, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

They should just separate the vampire aspect from him and make that it's own frame. 

This, a thousand times. I would love a vampire warframe, but it would overshadow the sentient theme he has instead of blending with it (in my opinion, from what we've been shown so far).

On 2018-07-15 at 12:25 PM, Waterbeacon said:

So with what we have been shown so far of Revanant seems to not be very "Eidolony", his powers just seem to be a mash of warframes and be a replacement frame for Nyx. I have always wanted a sentient frame but now I'm just disappointed with what has been shown.

(...)

With the reveal of Garuda, I'm very hopeful that the "vampire" elements of his kit will be blended in with her general "gore" theme. I liked your ability list and wanted to make my own ability wishlist for Revenant as well:

Passive: "Adaptive Skin": Revenant becomes highly resistant to the damage type it has received the most of every 30 seconds. (Changes; doesn't stack).

1: "Integrate": Revenant does a finishing move on a single enemy, and removes a signature piece of tech from the dead enemy, integrating it into itself. These integrated abilities use a default number of charges instead of energy and are lost upon use of the final charge. Examples:

Spoiler

Ex1: Kill a nullifier, integrating bubble generator and giving Revenant a numbered set of charges in which he can produce a nullifier bubble around him which shrinks as it absorbs damage.

Ex2: Kill a corrupted ancient, gain a grappling hook that leeches life from enemies when they are grappled.

Ex3: Kill a shockwave moa, gain a shockwave/groundpound ability that knocks back enemies in a large area.

2: "Fabricate": Revenant crafts a sentinel from his own flesh, which follows him until destroyed. The sentinel will attack all enemies in range with a laser weapon. Upon death, the sentinel will refund the ability's energy cost to Revenant. If Revenant is downed while the sentinel is still active, the sentinel will merge back into Revenant, instantly reviving him with half health. (Sentinel might resemble a cross between a Vomvalyst and a wisp).

3: "Tau Gaze": Revenant's head opens and reconfigures into a large firing apparatus, unleashing a large continuous beam of tau damage straight forward with unlimited range and punch through. The ability is channeled, rapidly consuming energy for the duration the beam is fired. Revenant can only march and turn slowly while channeling the beam.

4. "Assimilation": Revenant roots enemies in place in a large radius around him, stripping them of armor and shields. Stripped shields are converted into energy orbs while stripped armor is converted into health orbs.

Edited by Axtremulus
Changed wording of #4 ability.

Well after seeing Vlad on today's devstream, I'm quite impressed with the changes. I feel like his 3 needs some work to make it look and feel smoother to use, but otherwise they could release him right now and I'd be totally happy

His 1st has enemies attack each other right off the bat, quickly building his army without any more input. This alone improved Vlad's gameplay by a TON

His 2nd has amazing new visual effects, making him look more eidolon-like

No noticeable changes to his 3rd. Again, I feel like it just needs better visuals, maybe feel a bit smoother to use and it'd be fine

His 4th looks epic! Lasers for days! It looks strong, it looks powerful, and it definitely is fitting for the Eidolon frame. This ability is amazing imo

Edited by EchoesOfRain

Just now, tripletriple said:

His 3 looks like it's the most useless ability in the game.

Agreed. It’s suppose to be an escape but does he really needs one? His survivability seems great and he has an ability that gives him eidolon armor, so a def ability....the whole concept just doesn’t make sense 

And I hope those lumpy ‘traps’ he leaves when killing minions kinda have similar range to mirage’s 2nd, cos now they look really underwhelming if they’re just dmg 

That revamped 1 does look absolutely stunning, I can’t help but want more subtle markers for thralls though. 

The Sims floater will help with complaints like those against nekros’ shadows, but if allies can target them too I doubt it would be an issue, except maybe player frustration when trying to keep your army up around nukes.

Revenant looks like he's coming together well and I can't wait to play him but, uh..

Can we revert the energy effects on his body back to the tendrilly hair from before  i.e. his beard and arm? it looked really cool before when he was shown back during Devstream 112.
I suspect the change was made to make it's easier to see the energy effects more consistently. However now it looks a little over saturated, or too bright. It's like the whispiness lost a lot of it's definition and now it's all bleeding together into surging glops of white. If you could balance that out a bit more between where it was before and where you want it now. That would be excellent.

Other than that i'm looking forward too seeing all of the finished animations and effects for Revenant's 1 through 4 abilities. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Liked his 4 and maybe the mines

The marking enemy and wukong cloud pass seems really bad like why do sentients turn to gas. 

Give a opticor beam like 1 or magnetic pulse ball or maybe summon vombalysts to regen its shields

It needs a lot of work.. Plz hear the feedback and remove the vampire aspect completely and concentrate on eidolon theme

Plus it is a very unique frame and it would be a big mistake not to make a quest like that of harrow or octavia

His 3 should be changed imo, it seems very clunky and niche. I think they can do more to make it really cool because I really like the frame so far but it needs a bit more work in my opinion. I have some suggestions:

1. He does an Eidolon scream and summons mini Vomalysts to heal him and attack for him, and also regenerating his sentient armor on cast so he can keep it up.

2. Does a huge magnetic blast like in an Eidolon fight. (It would probably have to have an added benefit as Magnetic would most likely be pretty useless)

All I can think of but honestly my only feedback is to change is 3 to something better or more fitting for his theme and if they haven't said so yet, to change the visuals on the AoE he leaves after killing afflicted enemies to make it more like those pillars during the Gauntulyst, but not too big so it doesn't blind people. Otherwise I like how he's coming along!

Hopefully someone can clarify something about him for me. How does his 2 seem to work? I understand it's a shield of some kind that causes enemies to become enthralled, but what kind of survivability does it give him? 100% damage resistance? Lots of armor? What?

I feel like this one ability is what will make or break him. Doesn't matter how cool your abilities are if you get one-shot by enemies.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Hopefully someone can clarify something about him for me. How does his 2 seem to work? I understand it's a shield of some kind that causes enemies to become enthralled, but what kind of survivability does it give him? 100% damage resistance? Lots of armor? What?

I feel like this one ability is what will make or break him. Doesn't matter how cool your abilities are if you get one-shot by enemies.

I think its a 100% damage deflect, but since its a charge based system instead of duration, it will be brought down at a decent rate.

Edit: nvm during the showcase he still took damage with it up, but i don't know exactly how it works cause well dev build don't know if its fully modded or not.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

Vlad feedback post devstream 113

Better, but still has issues. Mainly with his 1 and 3. 

I'll just repeat the issue I have with them.

"The affliction in general is problematic. It won't work well in anything other than interception and maybe mobile defense. In general you'll have issues as it relies on allies not killing afflicted targets (unless you play solo). "

His 2 still good and his 4 is much improved assuming the numbers and scaling is there to back up this "massive damage" feel.

His 3 I am baffled about. Mainly because he has innate lifesteal, which while an amazing passive makes his 3 kinda about as useful as Hydroids 2, but at a higher energy cost and prob won't get you as far.

Assuming it restores shields an additional passive I thought up might make it useful.

Damage reduction to his shields.

Hope you guys consider that.

As for the "pillars" I don't see them being even close to as threatening as what the Gantulyst does. If you really want to go with that effect just make it an aoe bomb that detonates after a few seconds cause I don't see many enemies dying cause they walked over where one of their friends died.

TL;DR Like the new 4, still don't like affliction. 2 is great, 1 and 3 should be changed/improved.

Can we PLEASE not have it mind control enemies? It steps waaaay too much on Nyx's territory and, to some extent, Nekros. 

What's even more insulting is the fact that Revenant, what was discussed so far, is going to have a 20 minion cap. 20 allies! Nyx, THE PSYCHIC Warframe, can only control one!

Given his Eidolon theme and how Vombalysts heal and regenerate Tera/Gantu/Hydrolyst's shields, I find it more fitting to have afflicted enemies, once killed, spawn a Vombalyst unit that's unique to him that buff him and his allies in several ways. This is not only more unique to him, it won't completely eclipse Nyx (something Loki did to Chaos with Irradiating Disarm). 

Please reconsider that first ability. 

Nyx is going to be getting a rework the devs have already mentioned this, they know her powers are outdated. We'll see if they start stepping on eachother's toes when that time comes.

Also the concept of minions isn't exactly unique to nyx anyways. Nekros already was stepping on her toes when he released.