The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

Something I had just totally overlooked is the fact that with both previous cinematic quests we got new tilesets. Do you think we'll get a new one with the Sacrifice? Given that they only really settled on working on it three or four months ago, maybe they'll skip it this time or introduce only an expansion to an existing location. Maybe a fully intact Lua tileset we reach through continuity disturbances.

I know this is not going to happen, but a part of me hopes that when we encounter Ballas, Simaris is going to appear and say "That's it! It'll be a perfect specimen. Trap it so you can Synthesize it for me." and we proceed to synthesize Ballas and defeat him like that.

Edited by NodDragon

2 hours ago, NodDragon said:

I know this is not going to happen, but a part of me hopes that when we encounter Ballas, Simaris is going to appear and say "That's it! It'll be a perfect specimen. Trap it so you can Synthesize it for me." and we proceed to synthesize Ballas and defeat him like that.

Similar to the The Strange Quest where we have to scan arid Grineer. DE would most likely want us to kill him but that would be interesting.

1 hour ago, VPrime96 said:

Similar to the The Strange Quest where we have to scan arid Grineer. DE would most likely want us to kill him but that would be interesting.

My goodness, I hope we dont.

I had this vision of the Twin Queens being a pair of cunning Orokin warriors because the Kuria described them as that... instead we get egoistic, one dimensional, One-Hit-Wonder morning cartoon characters.

I hope Ballas actually fits the bill.

So, people keep talking about how Umbra won't have the weakness that Ballas can possible exploit, referenced by the "But you cannot defy your creator" line (and the following speculation about him possible booting us out of our frames/taking control of our frames). But, we know that Ballas spearheaded the creation of the frames, if not being outright responsible for for making them. So, there's a question yet to be answered; did somebody else make the Umbra frames, or were they modified by someone? And then...who did it? Don't think I've seen any speculation on that yet. Personally, my guess is Helminth, through means that we have no clue about.

14 minutes ago, Magneu said:

So, people keep talking about how Umbra won't have the weakness that Ballas can possible exploit, referenced by the "But you cannot defy your creator" line (and the following speculation about him possible booting us out of our frames/taking control of our frames). But, we know that Ballas spearheaded the creation of the frames, if not being outright responsible for for making them. So, there's a question yet to be answered; did somebody else make the Umbra frames, or were they modified by someone? And then...who did it? Don't think I've seen any speculation on that yet. Personally, my guess is Helminth, through means that we have no clue about.

Well, that IS kinda the reason for this quest so...yeah, nobody knows yet.  Umbra has not yet entered lore at -all- so most all speculation would be moot.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Well, that IS kinda the reason for this quest so...yeah, nobody knows yet.  Umbra has not yet entered lore at -all- so most all speculation would be moot.

It just seems strange that Excal Umbra, which looks very similar to other Excal variants (and ergo is likely made by the same designer) is going to be a key to possibly defeat Ballas. Why would Ballas design something that could defeat him?

Hopefully we know this time tomorrow.

The first trailer says, "For their life yours": Do you think it's Lotus/Margulis will be the sacrifice, or the operators?

And then there's "But you cannot defy your creator": What does this mean? Warframes have failsafes, The Lotus, the Tenno and Orokin history, Ballas and Margulis, or Excalibur Umbra being a rogue creation of Ballas?

Also, is the Sun-Neutral-Moon alignment will be involved in The Sacrifice too? 

Your thoughts

Edited by zerofighter005v

36 minutes ago, zerofighter005v said:

The first trailer says, "For their life yours": Do you think it's Lotus/Margulis will be the sacrifice, or the operators?

And then there's "But you cannot defy your creator": What does this mean? Warframes have failsafes, The Lotus, the Tenno and Orokin history, Ballas and Margulis, or Excalibur Umbra being a rogue creation of Ballas?

Your thoughts

The spookiest theory I have is this...

”You cannot defy your creator” has a dual meaning because The Man in the Wall is inside Ballas.

1.  Ballas is referencing your Warframe hybrids that he created.

2.  TMITW is referencing your Tenno that he created.

9 hours ago, Magneu said:

It just seems strange that Excal Umbra, which looks very similar to other Excal variants (and ergo is likely made by the same designer) is going to be a key to possibly defeat Ballas. Why would Ballas design something that could defeat him?

Hopefully we know this time tomorrow.

Well, of course it looks similar...it is EXCAL umbra, not just some new frame.  I doubt Ballas designed it, however. More likely it was simply inspired by his design OR is a previously Infested regular Warframe, but has since had systems mutate or something beyond Ballas' control.   

Again, all this could be wrong. It's just guesses.   Make sure to tune in today for the FINAL Sacrifice Trailer at 6PM EST on Twitch.tv/pcgamer

I have a new theory. Ballas and Lotus knew one another. But after Ballas did the hand waving thing, Lotus didn't recognise him. Because she said "Ballas" but as a question. It was a new person, loke waiking up and seeing a peraon you know, the first thing that comes to mind is their name. I suspect it was Margulis that walked away with Ballas and not Lotus (do note I'm not saying Margulis is Lotus)

On 2018-06-10 at 8:14 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Something I had just totally overlooked is the fact that with both previous cinematic quests we got new tilesets. Do you think we'll get a new one with the Sacrifice? Given that they only really settled on working on it three or four months ago, maybe they'll skip it this time or introduce only an expansion to an existing location. Maybe a fully intact Lua tileset we reach through continuity disturbances.

Okay, so we're actually getting a new tileset, and from the looks of it it's going to be past Earth. Neat. That, or some Earth ruins.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

OH MY WORD! THE LAST TRAILER ON THE PC GAMING SHOW! (50 mins. link below) I am so ready! The voice doesn't sound like Ballas, and he says something along the lines of: "HOWL ALL YOU WANT, IT WILL NOT BRING HIM BACK" - Someone speaking to the Lotus about Ballas?! Umbra blew up or something?! What is going on?!

17 hours ago, zerofighter005v said:

Your thoughts

Well i personally believe that Ballas definitely put some sort of fail safe into the Warframes. However, being that the Warframes are Techno-organic life forms that are suppose to shut down when not receiving a signal from an operator. I’d like to point out that during the Second Dream, the Warframe you controlled managed to move by itself in an effort to protect its operator. Which changed my opinion of us keeping them from going berserk, to us consoling them and giving them a sense of balance or peace. (Who in their right mind would fight to keep the person in control of their body alive unless they wanted it so?)

But that’s just my opinion. I feel that there is more going on between the connection between the operator and the Warframe. Because together they make up a whole called a “Tenno” and I’m assuming no one would like to exist missing a part of themselves.

7 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Ballas could be talking about your father with his consciences lost in the void by man in the wall. Something happens to Ordis, or a new character just to be taken away for dramatic effect, or himself as hes a imposter.

Voice isn't Ballas's, in my humble opinion. I think it someone speaking of Ballas to Lotus/Marguilus...

Maybe she goes mad and tries to get revenge or find him?

That whole Apostasy Prologue could've been in her head, we know she has a strong link to the Tenno, and remember the "Marguilus Implant" that we have (as seen in the mysterious loading screen text). She could've been projecting a dream or something. Maybe Space Mom's finally had enough of us and just lost it... 😛

there is a new Trailer

Spoiler

that has the umbra Howling, ballas says "Howl all you like, it wont bring him Back" or somthing like that, but he does say HIM.

Spoiler

just wanted to point out somthing some people have missed, ORDIS was "Made" by Ballas when he converted Ordan into him as punishment for trying to kill the orokin leaders.

just wanted to plant the seeds, and see if anyone else has ideas from it 

Edited by k1llersqu1rl
forgot to put spoiler thing on the one thing

I don't know if there's any news on this or not, but I've heard varying statements about the topic.

What are Excal umbra's abilities going to be?

Are they going to be exactly the same?

Are they going to be slightly modified?  Different damage types?

Are they going to be different?

Are we going to see the return of super jump?

Thoughts and opinions, and possibly a word from DE please?

My two cents?

Void

Damage